How much feedback is necessary?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's only takes about 8 people to keep a topic on top of the forum and alive. I know for one I will not let them ignore the fact that some of us find the current form of vaulting unfair in the extreme. Fix it, we won't go away till you do.
    They're not really obligated to acknowledge or even read your opinion, though. Hell, the only person with an inside line that we even know for sure reads the forums is Brigby, and it's impossible to know what or how much of this stuff he relays to anyone that can actually change stuff.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I thought the forums were just created as a place for us to sound off into the void while we wait for health packs to regenerate. I'd be worried if I thought 'they' were actually listening. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    It's only takes about 8 people to keep a topic on top of the forum and alive. I know for one I will not let them ignore the fact that some of us find the current form of vaulting unfair in the extreme. Fix it, we won't go away till you do.
    They're not really obligated to acknowledge or even read your opinion, though. Hell, the only person with an inside line that we even know for sure reads the forums is Brigby, and it's impossible to know what or how much of this stuff he relays to anyone that can actually change stuff.
    So you are saying that https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/33299/your-suggestions-feedback-are-being-read#latest is all just a big lie? That they arent "Checking in on a regular bases?"  That they dont "value our feedback".

I am disappoint.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    I'm pretty sure when Dave said if there are enough complaints, they'd remove vaulting meant that if more people complained about vaulting, then they would remove it; not more complaints by the same people.

That, plus if there is less money spent overall.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    And more people are complaining. Look at the newer accounts showing up to voice their discontent with vaulting. As for spending, look at the people who have said they've discontinued VIP because of the direction the game has been going and how they feel like their concerns are ignored.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Ducky said:
    I'm pretty sure when Dave said if there are enough complaints, they'd remove vaulting meant that if more people complained about vaulting, then they would remove it; not more complaints by the same people.
    I told my 3 year old that there weren't any cookies left and I would pick some up at the store the next day. There were cookies but I didn't want him to have cookies at bedtime and I also didn't want to fight with him over my decision. Also, I had to tell him something to diffuse the situation.

Appeasing him seemed like a great short sighted idea.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Well the real issue is that whenever they make a massive game change or test a major change, they usually go with that change or at least a variation it, regardless it appears of feedback.  This new change with PvE will happen, maybe in a different form than the first test but it will happen.  Does anyone remember a change where they completely reverted back to the original after feedback?  Maybe very early in the game's history but for at least the past 2 years their track record is we are going to make this change and btw your feedback is appreciated.

I will give credit in that they do listen to feedback from players eventually on several topics....remember 20 iso node rewards and countless other improvement tweaks they have made? However those are feedback on suggestions for improvement, quite a bit different than massive game changes (such as the new scaling proposal or the new 5 clear max reward requirement or vaulting or the good old 3* nerf or insert major shift in the game here). 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, honestly...if I played this game from scratch and saw the awesomeness of Peggy, then tried to look up how to get her and the answer was "Pffth, no." I'd be disappointed.

Another point I've made is...as you can probably guess, Lady Thor is my favourite Marvel character. If I joined in fresh, I'd see she was in this game and have absolutely no way to reliably get her. I mean hey, if I can flip 3* Thor four times and get lucky in some PvPs maybe I'll get her to 13 covers. Or I could flip 3* Thor once and spend 1,200CP to buy her covers individually.

That would really suck for a new player.

I think the fact that there are so many avenues that D3/Demi could take to make sure that new and existing players aren't locked out of the old characters they want is what makes this both frustrating and possibly hopeful...
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    MissChinch said:
    I think the fact that there are so many avenues that D3/Demi could take to make sure that new and existing players aren't locked out of the old characters they want is what makes this both frustrating and possibly hopeful...
    100% this. If this was really about allowing new players to become competitive in a shorter time, they wouldn't have to step on the faces of mid-game players to do it. The forums have provided plenty of suggestions that don't involve "giving things away".

But I'm sure it's a coincidence that the Heroes For Hire store came out shortly after character vaulting.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
     Does anyone remember a change where they completely reverted back to the original after feedback?
    Ironically, vaulting... the first time.

C'mon devs, do the right thing here!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Ducky said:
    People forget that they hate a thing, developers rely upon new problems to take the place of old problems. I'm not complaining, I am facilitating others to remember that they hate the system. I keep it in the forefront of their minds.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    The entire question is dumb.

They have several forms of feedback - forums, facebook, surveys, purchases, player activity, character selections.

You do whateve you do now to let them know how you feel and the rest of the playerbase do the same. And they make a decision.

You want to know how to rig it so your opinion is seen as more important than anyone else's. It's not. I think vaulting is a great idea because befire it I had no hope of filling out a new 4*. So I'm buying, playing and having fun.

My opinion isn't more important than yours, but if you find a channel to spam then I'm going to have to spam it too to keep things the way I want them. Because my opinion should be equal to yours.

The content majority is generally silent.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    People forget that they hate a thing, developers rely upon new problems to take the place of old problems. I'm not complaining, I am facilitating others to remember that they hate the system. I keep it in the forefront of their minds.
    If people 'forget they hate' something then by definition they don't hate it.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, honestly...if I played this game from scratch and saw the awesomeness of Peggy, then tried to look up how to get her and the answer was "Pffth, no." I'd be disappointed.

Another point I've made is...as you can probably guess, Lady Thor is my favourite Marvel character. If I joined in fresh, I'd see she was in this game and have absolutely no way to reliably get her. I mean hey, if I can flip 3* Thor four times and get lucky in some PvPs maybe I'll get her to 13 covers. Or I could flip 3* Thor once and spend 1,200CP to buy her covers individually.

That would really suck for a new player.
    If you were to set peggy and psylocke and your only bonus heroes you could still cover her eventually
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon said:
    Ducky said:
    If people 'forget they hate' something then by definition they don't hate it.
    I think it's less about "forgetting they hate it" and more that they realise they've spent months complaining and it's not going away. They just make their peace.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Q: How much feedback is necessary?

Perpetual A: At least one more post than there is now.