S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Season points be damned, this season I'm simply not pushing + shielding for Loki and Rags covers. I don't know why I even did that in season 1.

Yeah, not going to push for useless 3*. Also not going to buy any HP, so if I run out of it for shields so be it.

Amen. There is no way I'm going to push for covers I don't need this season.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    HELL YES SEASON TWO IS FINALLY HERE!!!!! *and the room fell silent as all eyes stared angrily at him*

h4E4476FD
  • Unknown
    Options
    I gotta say, the last hour of the season, with my alliance pushing in both events, was a lot of fun. I managed to sneak top ten after hovering at the low end of top 25 all season (sorry, Chimaera!). Personally, I sat below 400 points in SHIELD Sim until the last day or two of the season, and it was very relaxing to race up that leaderboard on nothing but 50-point battles at the end.

I'll be lucky to get two useful covers out of my two heroic 10-packs, but it was an entertaining competition.

Here's hoping for fewer developer ****-ups across the next season!

EDIT: By the way, my bracket was a ****, with Nemek, Clintman, Colognossieur, and bughunt all in my top five (with Ryz rounding out the fivesome, whom I don't know as well but have seen a bit on the forum).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for a great season. Competition kept me pushing hard for the entire time. Didn't help that i screwed up my shield timing on a kumon fail during Army of one, lost 458 points over 1-2 hours of naked BubBLeB0y1977. Just proves I'm only human i guess =)

Shoutouts to:
    SynGen - Didn't really notice you until you pulled into 2nd during the last week. Good Job! =)
    John Hank - Dunno who you are, but you gave me a run for my money for a long while. I had a hard time tracking your points since your alliance was never on the leaderboards hahahhaa.
    Hailmary - Toldya our paths would cross again icon_e_wink.gif
    Toxicadam & Akboyce - nice hanging top 10 with yas.

See you all in Season 2!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. The X-Men
    2. S.H.I.E.L.D.
    3. 5DeadlyVenoms
    4. DeadpoolsTacos
    5. DjangoUnbuffed
    6. A-Force
    7. S.T.E.A.L.T.H.
    8. destros posse
    9. ScarFighters
    10. Ace of Blades
    11. 5DeadlyPoisons
    12. Retribution
    13. FittedKitchens
    14. BestHasArrived
    15. Dead Alliance
    16. The X-Men 2
    17. WE SORRY

And that's as far as I can go,
  • Unknown
    Options
    wathombe wrote:
    I gotta say, the last hour of the season, with my alliance pushing in both events, was a lot of fun. I managed to sneak top ten after hovering at the low end of top 25 all season (sorry, Chimaera!). Personally, I sat below 400 points in SHIELD Sim until the last day or two of the season, and it was very relaxing to race up that leaderboard on nothing but 50-point battles at the end.

I'll be lucky to get two useful covers out of my two heroic 10-packs, but it was an entertaining competition.

Here's hoping for fewer developer ****-ups across the next season!

EDIT: By the way, my bracket was a ****, with Nemek, Clintman, Colognossieur, and bughunt all in my top five (with Ryz rounding out the fivesome, whom I don't know as well but have seen a bit on the forum).

Hey man it wasnt my day I came to work and was actually overloaded with tickets. I still managed to top 10 for a red psylocke but I couldn't bother to play any simulator. Sitting at 1800 unshielded easily coulda played 2 50 point matches but whatever. Thats how it rolls. Just 50hp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    wathombe wrote:

Hey man it wasnt my day I came to work and was actually overloaded with tickets. I still managed to top 10 for a red psylocke but I couldn't bother to play any simulator. Sitting at 1800 unshielded easily coulda played 2 50 point matches but whatever. Thats how it rolls. Just 50hp.

Yeah, I noticed you weren't moving, so I figured you couldn't have been watching. Sorry your day got busy; I well know about RL preventing a last-minute push in an MPQ event.

Maybe we'll get each other again next season! icon_cool.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    1. The X-Men
    2. S.H.I.E.L.D.
    3. 5DeadlyVenoms
    4. DeadpoolsTacos
    5. DjangoUnbuffed
    6. A-Force
    7. S.T.E.A.L.T.H.
    8. destros posse
    9. ScarFighters
    10. Ace of Blades
    11. 5DeadlyPoisons
    12. Retribution
    13. FittedKitchens
    14. BestHasArrived
    15. Dead Alliance
    16. The X-Men 2
    17. WE SORRY

18. the scAvengers
    19. Ten Rings
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    1. The X-Men
    2. S.H.I.E.L.D.
    3. 5DeadlyVenoms
    4. DeadpoolsTacos
    5. DjangoUnbuffed
    6. A-Force
    7. S.T.E.A.L.T.H.
    8. destros posse
    9. ScarFighters
    10. Ace of Blades
    11. 5DeadlyPoisons
    12. Retribution
    13. FittedKitchens
    14. BestHasArrived
    15. Dead Alliance
    16. The X-Men 2
    17. WE SORRY

18. the scAvengers
    19. Ten Rings

20. ?
    21. ?
    22. immortal rage
    23. Pax Romana
    24. 5DeadlyToxins
    25. The Vigilantes
    26. Lost Ghosts
    27. SKYNET
    28. NJusticeLeague
    29. Hubris
    30. Pandas of Doom
    31. Ascent
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went to sleep with only 1.5 hours left in the Season at 17 for my personal ranking. Woke up to a 26th place. Eh, I guess one side of a cutoff is as good as the other for determining my overall progression and capabilities.

On the other hand, alliance was ranked at ~96th and I woke up to us sitting at 55th. I am really not sure what happened there?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Went to sleep with only 1.5 hours left in the Season at 17 for my personal ranking. Woke up to a 26th place. Eh, I guess one side of a cutoff is as good as the other for determining my overall progression and capabilities.

On the other hand, alliance was ranked at ~96th and I woke up to us sitting at 55th. I am really not sure what happened there?

Word is that the alliances from about 50 to around 110 or so were all within a few thousand at one point. If a few guys made a massive Shield Training push late, it could mean a large swing in the final placement.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When do we get the rewards? I found no info in other threads. ???
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hope they add lazy daken to the heroic token soon.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it matters to anyone (probably not, but at least you'll know the rewards are going out), I just received my player rewards for Season 1. Being barely out of the top 50 means I only received five heroic tokens, but at least one of them was a Lazy Cap (though I questioned the randomness of the draw when I received three blue C. Storms in a row).
  • Unknown
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    If it matters to anyone (probably not, but at least you'll know the rewards are going out), I just received my player rewards for Season 1. Being barely out of the top 50 means I only received five heroic tokens, but at least one of them was a Lazy Cap (though I questioned the randomness of the draw when I received three blue C. Storms in a row).

Yeah, got my tokens too. Still no Fury though.
    Not that I really care, it's not like I'm going to be using him anytime soon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    elusive wrote:

Yeah, got my tokens too. Still no Fury though.
    Not that I really care, it's not like I'm going to be using him anytime soon.

Think the first thing I do to him is let the Sentry team kill his butt. That's a good initiation right?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

Word is that the alliances from about 50 to around 110 or so were all within a few thousand at one point. If a few guys made a massive Shield Training push late, it could mean a large swing in the final placement.
    That's what we did. There were at least five of us just smashing through it - I added about 1200 points in the last couple of hours and I wasn't going the hardest.

Got my first black HT cover out of the five heroic tokens I managed to win. And no Bagman or Bullseye icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    From my 5 tokens I got:
    ** Magneto (red & blue)
    Punisher (black)
    C. Storm (green)
    Lazy Cap (red)

Funny enough, this was a better pull than my 10 pack progression award. Even if black is the one Punisher color I don't need.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so far i got my 4 tokens (player reward) still waiting on my alliance prize which is two more tokens but here is what I go

Daken (didnt need got him maxed)

OBW Black (WRONG COLOR ALREADY MAXED)

Classic Storm Blue (yes needed)

Magneto MN Purple (Needed)

so 50% was what I needed. lets hope the next two tokens makes up for it.