making a decision on dealing with wasted covers

1235»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    smkspy said:
    Magic said:
    I might be in minority but for me the cover distribution is more of a problem than iso itself. I can, with relative effort, champion any 4* in less than 2 weeks. And I think it's fine (sure - would love to do it every 5 days but 10-12 days seems ok). But I prefer to get a cover for Cloak and Dagger or Rocket and Groot then add a level to my Cage or Gwenpool, or Venom or Spider-Woman (all championed). So I need to hoard and wait for them to rotate out.

I think the expiration date of 4 star covers should be doubled. Yeah, if you play hard and get lucky with a scl level or 2 star sell it can be done, but it is still a massive grind upon massive grind for the next champ. 2 weeks is fine for 2/3 stars, but the devs need to recognize that the iso for a 4/5 is a massive increase and should give us time accordingly as not to have this waste be so prominent. 

They WANT you to feel that pressure.
    It's how they get people to spend.

It may not work on YOU personally, but it's how the f2p business model works.
    Limited resources, expiration dates, pressure to spend to keep those resources.

I am genuinely curious as to whether that works though.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen posts from the mega whales in full on buyers clubs (you know, the arabian oil shieks with so much money they could burn a million a day and still wake up the next day with it replenished). And the prevailing theme seemed to be "We don't buy ISO."

They buy a butt load of tokens and champ up their characters and make ISO from the sold off worthless ones, champ rewards and other sources. No-one really buys ISO.

And I sure as hell am not going to spend £1000 to champ a single 4*.
    Mega whales have no problem with cover expiration.
    They pull enough hat dupes are never a problem.

No, the point is to pressure the new players into spending.
    Just look at all the agonizing "who shall i cut from my roster? I have so many covers expiring, i can't roster them all." threads.

Those guys are supposed to buy HP for slots.

People with dupes? Buy more lottery tickets, hope to pull the missing covers.

Enough pulls will eventually take care of dupes.
    I pulled a sixth yellow Cloak And Dagger twelve days ago.
    Pulled another 3 since.
    Today i finally pulled the last cover to champ them.
    That was quite a number of pulls over those 12 days (about 3-4 daily).
    If you can generate that without spending you're golden.
    If not? Pressure.