Crash of the Titans needs a change

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    a daily Vintage Heroic token, possibly with more ISO.

Ugh no.  Those tokens need to die in a fire, preferably with the whole vaulting concept.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Crash should rotate on a daily basis, but i really dont want to lose the 73 LTs a year that it currently provides.  

A daily crash for a fixed 4* cover would be good.  But then the cp reward for behemoth burrito should jump up to 7 per day (or a new node for an LT should be offered every day).

Also, i think it is time for a once-a-season fixed 5* cover reward.  With the number of 5*s in the game, givibg out 12 fixed covers a year would not break the game.  And giving out a teaser cover increases roster pressure and incentivizes against hoarding (both of which mean more revenue).
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to see the Crash available every day, but maybe not for a 4* or LT.  Make it random or a 5 item vault with a LT, a vaulted 4*, 10k ISO, 250 HP, 10 CP, or throw in something fun like a Heroic 10 pack.

That might be too much, but we can always ask. :)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do like the idea of making crash daily and tying it to vintage 4*s (since they seem resistant to just putting vintage 4*s in classic LTs).
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    How about just run 2 crashes every week simultaneously.
    One extra legendary token per cycle shouldn't break the bank
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    If someone already said this then I apologize — didn't have it in me to read every comment up until now.

What if CoT became a daily node that operated just as it does now, still rewarded a LT, but it was a new LT that only rewards vaulted characters?

*Edit: It looks like this was in fact mentioned in some form above.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the number of 4*s in the game it's definitely time for a Bigger Enchilada!! 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'd be happy if during PVE events, there were more opportunities to earn covers for older 4*, instead of going back and forth between Spider-Woman, Mordo, Blade and a few others. If I have to play 3 days straight to earn a 4* cover, so be it, but at least give me a chance to level up those.
  • WirriesT
    WirriesT Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Every single person seems to be forgetting that you can favorite vintage characters and still get covers for them as a bonus. 

But it what I think could be an equal trade off, would be once a week, or maybe once per season, you get to choose your current LT possibilities. Add your favorites into the draw pool, that way you can get them from standard tokens, and also a chance at getting more from bonuses. Remove the vintage token pool and instead give the players more control over their LT possibilities. 

I also think that there should be a re-roll system for 4 and 5 star characters. Something that would cost, I dunno, 10 CP to reroll a cover for a specific character in hopes that you roll a different color? I've thrown away 2-4 Green covers for Blade while he sits with only 1, and 2 covers in his other powers. I would love to reroll those green covers to try and finish covering him up. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    WirriesT said:
    Every single person seems to be forgetting that you can favorite vintage characters and still get covers for them as a bonus. 

But it what I think could be an equal trade off, would be once a week, or maybe once per season, you get to choose your current LT possibilities. Add your favorites into the draw pool, that way you can get them from standard tokens, and also a chance at getting more from bonuses. Remove the vintage token pool and instead give the players more control over their LT possibilities. 

I also think that there should be a re-roll system for 4 and 5 star characters. Something that would cost, I dunno, 10 CP to reroll a cover for a specific character in hopes that you roll a different color? I've thrown away 2-4 Green covers for Blade while he sits with only 1, and 2 covers in his other powers. I would love to reroll those green covers to try and finish covering him up. 

Draw rate is too low for bonus heroes to make it a viable option. If you have over a dozen vintage 4 stars then the likelihood of you getting enough bonus heroes to cover them Is laughable. It just comes down to at what point do you ditch the old for the new because at least with the new you can earn them consistently. Since Bonus heroes where introduced I've pull maybe 3 bonus heroes off of 4 stars. They just need to find a way where you can consistently earn the covers you need.

I feel making CoT reward a chosen color of the character you had to use is a decent step in the right direction or and i agree if you pull a cover you already have 5 in spend x amount of HP or CP to roll it for another color.

• WirriesT
    WirriesT Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I still disagree. You could choose 1 4 star character as a favorite and earn covers for it with every bonus. Also, my idea about adding player's choice to the LT token package while keeping the total 12 heroes possible alleviates what you're talking about without making a daily 4 star necessary. 

Did you know that characters that haven't been required for story missions at least two times don't get a clash? So all the recent characters wouldn't be getting new covers by your method, whereas, with a small tweak to the LT token pool, you could get new or old while remaining within a focused character devopment curve. Covering a four star every day is just asking too much. PVE, and PVP rewards become a lot less meaningful. SHIELD resupply becomes a lot less meaningful. And it would create a giant gap between newcomers and elder players and there would be no rate at which they could catch up. Also, it would allow everyone to have duplicate rosters, as quickly as possible. Which just spoils the variety and fun of collecting.

Just because you're in the 4 star game, doesn't mean you should be able to catapult to the forefront right away. Stop looking for daily handouts to make the game easier for yourself and enjoy a little bit of a challenge. A 4 star every 5 days, from a focused pool of characters, with 1:5 odds at a bonus character, a second 4 star, is paced well in my opinion. 

I stand and by my statement about players getting to choose 1-2 characters to swap into their LT draw choices once per season. And also behind the idea of re-rolling for a different color cover for a character that you already have capped in 1-2 colors. 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    @WirriesT

I still disagree with you as well. Winter Soldier has been my favorite since favorites were introduced and I still never received any bonus cover of him. At first, I had several favorites, so I got Quake once- out of a few dozen pulls. I'm close to championing Spider-Woman and Agent Venom, which I'm not very fond of, and still no Bucky. Why should the game be rigged for a couple of characters, while my favorite sit in the back of the rooster with no possibility of using them in fights? I agree that pulling a different 4* each day is too much, but maybe once a couple of days- and without needing an already high number of powerful 4*. Until Spider-Woman and Agent Venom make it to Clash of the Titans, I can't play at all.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I've had ... 4? maybe 5? 4* Bonus heroes since the system started. I got 2 for Iceman, luckily in the right colours so I could finish & champ him. I've had just a single HB pull, and now he's at 5/2/3 (or is it 5/3/2). I've had a single RH pull, and of course it was in his red, so now he's at an awful 5/1/2 I think.

I just know that the next BH 4* I pull is gonna be red in colour.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was obvious from day 1 that the bonus hero at 5% rate will not allow anybody to cover the vaulted 4*. If you were at 11-12 covers - maybe you could finish some. It has not change a bit from the day it was introduced. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    It was obvious from day 1 that the bonus hero at 5% rate will not allow anybody to cover the vaulted 4*. If you were at 11-12 covers - maybe you could finish some. It has not change a bit from the day it was introduced. 
    Well, I've gotten I think 5 4* bonus heroes since vaulting, which has allowed me to champion 5 characters, all of whom were vaulted. I'll freely admit they were all at 12 covers and I didn't get any 6th covers for a color, so that helped.

But at that rate I could have picked one of my other 4*s with only 7-9 covers and likely championed them by now, barring any unfortunate color bias. I haven't done that specifically because I'm hitting the low hanging fruit first (as it were) and also because a lot of my mid-covered 4*s have unfortunate distributions like 5/0/4, so I'll be leaving them for later.

For reference, I get about one 4* cover per day, some of which are non-random from progression (never placement) and vault tokens, so probably in the range of 4 per week where bonus heroes would apply.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    Well, I've gotten I think 5 4* bonus heroes since vaulting, which has allowed me to champion 5 characters, all of whom were vaulted. I'll freely admit they were all at 12 covers and I didn't get any 6th covers for a color, so that helped.

But at that rate I could have picked one of my other 4*s with only 7-9 covers and likely championed them by now, barring any unfortunate color bias. I haven't done that specifically because I'm hitting the low hanging fruit first (as it were) and also because a lot of my mid-covered 4*s have unfortunate distributions like 5/0/4, so I'll be leaving them for later.

For reference, I get about one 4* cover per day, some of which are non-random from progression (never placement) and vault tokens, so probably in the range of 4 per week where bonus heroes would apply.
    Assuming the 5% bonus hero rate holds true, that means you'd average one bonus 4* every five weeks. If you have characters at 11-12 covers, yeah, that probably works okay, but if you're a new player that wants Peggy? You're looking at 455 days to cover ONE character, assuming no 6th covers in a color. That's over a third of the lifetime of the entire game up to now.

Obviously they'll show up as static progression rewards a few times, so that knocks it down to maybe a year if you hit them all. That is still straight up stupid and in no way a solution. I would actually have more respect for a separate store that just allows you to direct buy a completed character, because then the paygate would at least be obvious instead of being hidden behind a bunch of RNG smoke and mirrors.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jarvind said:
    Assuming the 5% bonus hero rate holds true, that means you'd average one bonus 4* every five weeks. If you have characters at 11-12 covers, yeah, that probably works okay, but if you're a new player that wants Peggy? You're looking at 455 days to cover ONE character, assuming no 6th covers in a color. That's over a third of the lifetime of the entire game up to now.

Obviously they'll show up as static progression rewards a few times, so that knocks it down to maybe a year if you hit them all. That is still straight up stupid and in no way a solution. I would actually have more respect for a separate store that just allows you to direct buy a completed character, because then the paygate would at least be obvious instead of being hidden behind a bunch of RNG smoke and mirrors.
    My first champed 4* was Hulkbuster, last August, 15 (16?) months after he was released, and he was something like the tenth 4* ever. Championing a 4* in under a year from day 1 wasn't a goal a primarily ftp player had in the "good old days" either.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:

My first champed 4* was Hulkbuster, last August, 15 (16?) months after he was released, and he was something like the tenth 4* ever. Championing a 4* in under a year from day 1 wasn't a goal a primarily ftp player had in the "good old days" either.
    I'd agree with this if 4*s were still the endgame, but they're not anymore. And given how fast it is to cover the newer ones now, it makes no sense to make the older ones such a Herculean chore to acquire.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Well if your only goal is to get to the endgame, who cares if you can't get the old 4*s very quickly. They're not the endgame, anyways.