Crash of the Titans needs a change

DyingLegend
DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards

Crash of the Titans needs a change. There are way too many 4* in the game to keep the 5 day structure.

In my opionion, It should become a daily event that grants a cover of the 4* you are using to compete in the event. No more Legendary token for the completion, it should follow the same theme as the Big Enchilada with reward structure. Then players will earn covers they need more consistently especially the vaulted characters. Then maybe down the road add a 5* event that happens once a week or something.

What do other people think about the current state of the Crash of the Titans? Does it need a change? Is it serving its overall purpose? Would a change to the event help alleviate the pain of vaulting?

Thoughts?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It definitely needs to be structured like the 3 star reward. Maybe even just have it so that it remains that one character, so if you can't beat it hopefully next time around you'll have lucked into a few more covers for that character. 

But a daily 4 star would definitely do the most towards reestablishing champ rewards and building up vaulted 4s, and it would do it slowly.
  • WirriesT
    WirriesT Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    4 stars = Legendary character. But you want one every day. I have to agree with Zalasta. For most players it's not about getting covers for selected characters every single day. It's about the versatility of a token, and the chance at something like a 5 star character and also a bonus character. The new vaulting system promotes a more refined roster at earlier stages, allowing for faster leveling up and being more competitive quicker. Instead of trying to collect every 4 star character, pick a few to make bonus heroes and sell the ones you aren't collecting for ISO to level up your crew. It's not perfect, but it's the best answer I've seen them come up with. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fine with it the way it is.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last time we have talked about it was exactly a month ago http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/62854/4-ddq-yes-you-can-also-know-as-make-the-mpq-great-again/p1

And nothing is happening or no devs commenting. Since @Brigby said that he will try to discuss it with developers maybe there is something new. I doubt it :(
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I think they just need to have the Titan node available everyday. I know players are asking for colorless rewards to choose the cover needed, but I think having the node be available daily would alleviate the issues vets are having. My problem now is that I am just trying to finish my fives I am lacking covers for, as I only am able to work on new 4's and 5's as they come out as everyone else is covered. I'm not bored with game by any means, but being able to have some new story content, or new nodes, challenges would be a nice change of pace.
  • DyingLegend
    Philly484 said:
    I think they just need to have the Titan node available everyday. I know players are asking for colorless rewards to choose the cover needed, but I think having the node be available daily would alleviate the issues vets are having. My problem now is that I am just trying to finish my fives I am lacking covers for, as I only am able to work on new 4's and 5's as they come out as everyone else is covered. I'm not bored with game by any means, but being able to have some new story content, or new nodes, challenges would be a nice change of pace.

I would like to see more type of challenges. Sadly we have to wait for a new Marvel Movie to come out to get any.
  • DyingLegend
    Crowl said:
    WirriesT said:
    4 stars = Legendary character. But you want one every day. I have to agree with Zalasta. For most players it's not about getting covers for selected characters every single day. It's about the versatility of a token, and the chance at something like a 5 star character and also a bonus character. The new vaulting system promotes a more refined roster at earlier stages, allowing for faster leveling up and being more competitive quicker. Instead of trying to collect every 4 star character, pick a few to make bonus heroes and sell the ones you aren't collecting for ISO to level up your crew. It's not perfect, but it's the best answer I've seen them come up with. 
    Legendary is merely a label they have applied to them and if you are finishing high in pve, doing enough in pvp etc. you are already able to average more than a cover a day anyway.

As far as the LT being a more flexible reward, that's fine, they could keep the once a week 1v1 fight for an LT, but introduce a daily 4* cover node alongside it.

I agree with the daily 4* star and a weekly 1v1 fight for  LT.
  • DyingLegend
    No not a latest legend token. Make it a cover of the 4* you havto use. Thats what helps building the 3* tier so would help the 4* tier.

4* covers arent valuble now. Giving out 4*'s daily shouldnt be an issue for d3. It will just increase the iso deficit/roster cost for the player.

I agree, 4* covers use to be extremely valuable but now there are move 4 star characters then 3 star characters. It would strain the ISO Struggle more, but it will just make you plan out where you spend it better. I'd rather have a bunch of fully covered unleveled 4* character and no ISO, than no fully covered 4* and a giant pile of ISO.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    They probably won't make a new change to DDQ in a while, since they recently added the BB. But of course I'm always happy with a change that gives us more  B)
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I originally thought it could show up to offset vaulting, but now I really doubt it. As long as the heroes for hire store is charging 3600 hp for a 4* cover, I don't think they will start giving them out daily.

I don't think replacing the Legendary token with a cover for the character you just used would be a good change tho. Its a much worse example of the rich getting richer, where only having the character covered well enough earns you another cover.

I think other ways of revaluing 4* characters should happen before specific 4*s are given out in DDQ. Expanding the 4* rewards past top 10, increasing the 1000 iso sell price, more 4* events like cho, antman and coulson, some sort of consensus with the heroes for hire/ weekly vaults.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Straycat said: 
    I originally thought it could show up to offset vaulting, but now I really doubt it. As long as the heroes for hire store is charging 3600 hp for a 4* cover, I don't think they will start giving them out daily.

I don't think replacing the Legendary token with a cover for the character you just used would be a good change tho. Its a much worse example of the rich getting richer, where only having the character covered well enough earns you another cover.

I think other ways of revaluing 4* characters should happen before specific 4*s are given out in DDQ. Expanding the 4* rewards past top 10, increasing the 1000 iso sell price, more 4* events like cho, antman and coulson, some sort of consensus with the heroes for hire/ weekly vaults.
    I'm with you on the whole 'rich getting richer' thing. That's why I'm a huge proponent of having a 4* cover reward for hitting 44,000 points in DDQ. Basically that means if you win the Crash (for the LT) and every other node in DDQ on a given day, you will be given a 4* cover for the NEXT required character in the Crash rotation.

So for instance, if you win today's Crash and finish all the other nodes, you would get an Invisible Woman cover, since she's next (I think). This would let better covered characters help cover those less blessed by RNG. Think of it like winning T10 in one event to receive covers for the essential in the next event for PvE.

I think it works to have The Big Enchilada reward a cover for the character required to play it. It's fairly easy to get at least one cover for a 3* to play the node, but more importantly, even if you have just one cover for the required character, you can bring two other well-covered characters to win.

That's not the case with Crash. If you only have one cover, you can play but you won't win. Unless you have a character who can go invisible and the tile isn't matched and the opponent doesn't have an AoE.

Realistically, you need probably at least six covers and the appropriate levels for any given character to have an even decent chance of winning. (I managed to win with a 3/1/1 Level 115 pre-buff Elektra, and I still don't know how I pulled that one off.) The way things are right now, it can be hard to come by that many covers for each vaulted character. But if the ones you have well covered could win a cover for those who aren't, you'll eventually get to the point where they all can win.

And the way I see it, rewarding one 4* cover every 5 days isn't really giving away the store. 

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    This just keeps popping up.... No, it's fine. Add more iso to it, there are enough covers/tokens available already.

If you get a daily 4* not only will the game lifespan suffer, you will also hit a iso wall and end up selling those daily covers. No point covering characters faster if they will remain useless at level 70 for roughly the same time. We need more iso, not covers.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    This just keeps popping up.... No, it's fine. Add more iso to it, there are enough covers/tokens available already.

If you get a daily 4* not only will the game lifespan suffer, you will also hit a iso wall and end up selling those daily covers. No point covering characters faster if they will remain useless at level 70 for roughly the same time. We need more iso, not covers.
    This. I'd love to see another challenge node, preferably a wave node, with more ISO as the reward for each wave.