Beyond the Breaking Point

Options

Comments

• manabanana
    manabanana Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seems unfair to have the node restricted to Tezz 2 since he's not in the vault and I didn't get him while he was there since I wanted soi packs and saving for ajani. No way I will get a chance at the top 50 prize.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to say, me and the gang in GoblinPile are having a blast right now sitting around brewing up decks for the new Breaking Points. There are a few observations I might make about this..

1) New event objectives are fun! That's the primary reason I've always liked the Arena event, despite the objectives invariably being contrary to the philosphy of each planeswalker. The event objectives in BP are not especially innovative, but they do require some new deckbuilding, rather than just loading up decks we've used countless times before.

2) Also, the metagame has shifted somewhat because of the Baral nerf. Knowing that the scariest deck you could have faced is no more shakes things up a little, which is good!

3) Knowing event objectives in advance is fun! We're all building decks right now, but we can't actually test them in battle yet, so conversation is flowing, untested theories abound, and no-one is distracted by actually playing event games.

4) Running multiple nodes with Energize objectives is a good idea, I think! I can't run my favorite Dovin Baan in EVERY node, so where will I put him? 0 supports? 1 spells? It's a quandary! I actually think it's a bit of a shame that the top node has been locked to Tezz2, since it takes some choice out of my hands (not to mention that Tezz2 isn't available to buy right now).

5) Big prizes make things matter! Rishkar's Expertise is a stupid, OP card, but you can bet we all want to win it because chances are it'll never be nerfed and we all want to win games in the future, too (er... provided at least some of those games have prizes that matter!). Playing all weekend for 30 jewels and 120 crystals and a couple of boosters and a dupe rare is decidedly meh.

6) Some of you might have spotted a certain catch22 here: They tried to run a cool event right after a big update, and it crashed, and we all complained loudly... but if they'd have just run an old, stale event after the new update, we'd probably have complained just as much. And, I expect that any of you who were thinking this are probably right, I probably wouldn't have thought things through this much and would have complained about the lack of new content. However! D3 has actually shown us the answer to this conundrum this weekend by running an Arena! Perfect! It's an old event which means they know it works, but it has new content in it to tickle our deckbuilding fancies!
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yep we will see how those ones that are nerfed do and if anyone will try to work with his nerfed state
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    I have to say, me and the gang in GoblinPile are having a blast right now sitting around brewing up decks for the new Breaking Points. There are a few observations I might make about this..

1) New event objectives are fun! That's the primary reason I've always liked the Arena event, despite the objectives invariably being contrary to the philosphy of each planeswalker. The event objectives in BP are not especially innovative, but they do require some new deckbuilding, rather than just loading up decks we've used countless times before.

2) Also, the metagame has shifted somewhat because of the Baral nerf. Knowing that the scariest deck you could have faced is no more shakes things up a little, which is good!

3) Knowing event objectives in advance is fun! We're all building decks right now, but we can't actually test them in battle yet, so conversation is flowing, untested theories abound, and no-one is distracted by actually playing event games.

4) Running multiple nodes with Energize objectives is a good idea, I think! I can't run my favorite Dovin Baan in EVERY node, so where will I put him? 0 supports? 1 spells? It's a quandary! I actually think it's a bit of a shame that the top node has been locked to Tezz2, since it takes some choice out of my hands (not to mention that Tezz2 isn't available to buy right now).

5) Big prizes make things matter! Rishkar's Expertise is a stupid, OP card, but you can bet we all want to win it because chances are it'll never be nerfed and we all want to win games in the future, too (er... provided at least some of those games have prizes that matter!). Playing all weekend for 30 jewels and 120 crystals and a couple of boosters and a dupe rare is decidedly meh.

6) Some of you might have spotted a certain catch22 here: They tried to run a cool event right after a big update, and it crashed, and we all complained loudly... but if they'd have just run an old, stale event after the new update, we'd probably have complained just as much. And, I expect that any of you who were thinking this are probably right, I probably wouldn't have thought things through this much and would have complained about the lack of new content. However! D3 has actually shown us the answer to this conundrum this weekend by running an Arena! Perfect! It's an old event which means they know it works, but it has new content in it to tickle our deckbuilding fancies!
    Match up lvl vs lvl within reason? Or is the event matching up some 10 levels or greater still like training grounds? I'm leery to join the event because of this.  I'm already ticked because of the purple crystals dupe and the training grounds being ridiculously unbalanced. Thanks for the review, it's refreshing so far.  
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hear ya there gonna work hard to be top 50 but will be rotten i am sure
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Whelp, congrats to the top 50 level 60 players to your new mythic prize. I quit. the level match up is exactly the same as training grounds.  No Chance in seven hades can I defeat players fully loaded with mythics and loyalty at that kind of level range.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Having only event decks to face has been fantastic. This is a really fun event so far with everyone energizing stuff. Took us many months to get here but KLD/AER cards feel pretty powerful here. Deadlock Trap and Aethersphere Harvester have been amazing so far. 

Looking forward to the new future of PVP.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just going to start a thread called "All the broken things in Breaking Point" but you beat me to it. This tinykitty sucks. 

BTW @babar3355 I just played your Saheeli. Ob stomped it, but it was nice to see another name. 
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Haha, Player1 is in 1st..
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys, are you experiencing crashes? Happened to me twice during the event (goodbye Rishka, I was lacking just one point until it happened the first time). I had this problem before, that in the middle of a match, the app will just shut down. It seemed much better after the last two updates, but now the problem is back in force and it hit me in the only event I have been excited about for a long time. I believe a ticket would be futile since, you know, the part where they care about the bugs, but I nevertheless wanted to ask if it's maybe only me - so, has anyone else had crash? 
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not so far. But Rishka was never really in reach for me... I already said goodbye when I saw it in the rewards! ^^

Edit: But someone in my coalition who plays MtGPQ on an Iphone also experience crashes, accordingly on the 4th -5th game.
    He now resets the game after a match and it seems to work even it is a big hassle.
    It seems to be a memory issue then, right?
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Guys, are you experiencing crashes? Happened to me twice during the event (goodbye Rishka, I was lacking just one point until it happened the first time). I had this problem before, that in the middle of a match, the app will just shut down. It seemed much better after the last two updates, but now the problem is back in force and it hit me in the only event I have been excited about for a long time. I believe a ticket would be futile since, you know, the part where they care about the bugs, but I nevertheless wanted to ask if it's maybe only me - so, has anyone else had crash? 
    I had a freeze which cost me my realistic shot at Rishkar's Expertise: On the turn before I was killing my opponent, the AI did a switch, which was about to chain, but then nothing else happened, the gems just stayed there suspended in the air and the game never proceeded from there. Could still interact with the app, check chat and objectives, but otherwise the game was completely frozen!

So, a "known issue", that might randomly occur to YOU, decides whether or not you have any shot at getting one of the best cards in the game....Welcome to the Rishkar lottery, just pray you don't roll a bug! 

//Removed Private Support Ticket Conversation -Brigby

• Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thuran said:
    I had a freeze which cost me my realistic shot at Rishkar's Expertise: On the turn before I was killing my opponent, the AI did a switch, which was about to chain, but then nothing else happened, the gems just stayed there suspended in the air and the game never proceeded from there. Could still interact with the app, check chat and objectives, but otherwise the game was completely frozen!

I sent a support ticket, and this is the reply I got:

"Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue. The developers are working hard in order to resolve the issue you are experiencing, and a fix for the issue should be released soon. We ask for your patience until the issue can be resolved.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards, 
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)"

So, a "known issue", that might randomly occur to YOU, decides whether or not you have any shot at getting one of the best cards in the game....Welcome to the Rishkar lottery, just pray you don't roll a bug! 

Ran into the same bug. Gee I'm so happy that the first event I've looked forward to playing in over a month bugged out from a known issue and there goes my shot at a great card. @Brigby this is a horrible company platform. I know exactly what response I would get from a ticket as I had the same thing happen during the original sahelli challenge.
    "Gee we are sorry our meta is unstable but we can't give you what you would have gotten because you didn't win it because we are a bunch of tinykittys"
  • shteev
    Options
    They've never given out exclusive cards (or planeswalkers) to people who experienced random crashes during events which cost them a high enough place on the leaderboards.

Amusingly, some forum users used to think there was nothing unfair about that.
  • Yvendros
    Options
    Bah.  I'm out of the running.  Missed ONE point.  My level 30 tezz just couldn't energize fast enough.  Against lvl 60 nahiri.  Any chances ya'll wanna lose a single point as well?  <3
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The way this matchmaking is made, that is suprisingly likely to happen
  • Yvendros
    Options
    I wish you could scroll on the leaderboards.  Anyone know how far down perfect scores go?
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yvendros said:
    I wish you could scroll on the leaderboards.  Anyone know how far down perfect scores go?
    Before the latest round, I saw perfect scores in Platinum up till the 24th spot.
  • shteev
    Options
    Yvendros said:
    I've always thought its really weird how the leaderboard scrolls but only allows you to see one extra person's score...
  • squark73
    squark73 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So event is bugged. No t2 in the vault for us who couldn't afford it last time but got paid this week and the card everyone dreams about is the prize. Oh did I forget a known bug that crashed me 2x. Better luck next time I guess. 

Who's running this tiny kitty? I've been sitting on the fence for weeks and now you just tried to push me off. Bravo bravo

//Removed Inappropriate Content - Brigby