Beyond the Breaking Point

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

Are you guys serious?

You throw up some half cooked event with no Tezz 2 required, completely different objectives, and the day after a huge update that was giving you guys problems for weeks! Guess what?  WE ARE CRASHING AND BURNING!

You also changed the event to start with all 7 nodes so we are forced to play it early as the game goes into full crash mode.

You randomly lock a red/blue node while everything else is totally open. 

This is totally unacceptable.  You should immediately end the event, give everyone 400 mana jewels, and rerun this event when you actually have the game client functioning.

I won my first game with max objectives and of course get a permanent freeze that will almost certainly cost me the best card in the entire block.  The first card I have not won in these events.... so ticked at you guys right now. Unacceptable @Brigby @Lakestone

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You've been faster creating a Thread like this 
    *sigh*

The event you are talking about is currently not avaiable.
    Please try again after the maintenance.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, this is shaping up to be another terrible update. I will quit the game if they don't fix this in a reasonable manner.
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Definitely a horrible mistake or an idiotic thing to do.  Starting an event with filled nodes again without telling anyone, are you looking for a riot?  The prize is one of the most sought after chase cards for the set and you randomly change well established rules for the event to throw us back into the who's fastest and lives in the best time zone ****?  That on top of the hideous bright colors for the update?  You really don't want players do you?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nexus13 said:
    Definitely a horrible mistake or an idiotic thing to do.  Starting an event with filled nodes again without telling anyone, are you looking for a riot?  The prize is one of the most sought after chase cards for the set and you randomly change well established rules for the event to throw us back into the who's fastest and lives in the best time zone ****?  That on top of the hideous bright colors for the update?  You really don't want players do you?
    Well, it looks like that the best timezones are now the worst, and the people that havent't been able to play yet are the winners..D3Stop! sometimes does surprise me with their creativity!
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll say it again. The event has to be reset. It's the only fair thing to do at this point. Kill the event, start it again tomorrow. Rerun it next weekend as well. Require tezz2 for the top node and not randomly red and blue. Start at 5 nodes like we are used to. Take the time to get it right instead of rushing it out here.
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

Yea, please talk to the devs and cancel/delay the Breaking Point event at once. While the newest update came with plenty of new cool stuff, and I would say that I generally like it, it also came with loads of bugs. The app is really unstable right now. Many players can't even log in the game anymore.

Added to that, as pointed out, we have completely new objectives, start with maxed out nodes, with an incredibly valuable reward on the line. 

We are still getting used to the new interface, system, matchmaking, and event. Any crashes would cause so much frustration and unfairness.

Please cancel the current event and delay it to later date. Or if possible, just remove the card reward and let us get used to the system first.

Thank you.
  • squark73
    squark73 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And here I thought it was just me............... wait for it............. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I loaded a PW onto the spot. Hit go and watched the circle for my entire lunch hour. Luckily the wife called during to keep me occupied. What a crock. If I was on the fence about quitting before I really feel like I'm being pushed off now.

• DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    But if you wait before playing and hope for the game to stabilize, your nodes might just overflow and you'll lose any chances to get the top reward.

Do you play now and pray that it doesn't crash, or do you wait in hope that it gets better but risk to lose attempts from maxed out nodes?

So do you feel lucky today, do you?
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The only surprising thing is that people are surprised. I'm sure we will be told that many people are fine and only some were affected  :D

I haven't joined it yet so may even benefit from any fix but I agree with others who have already lost matches, hit the reset button on this one, leave some empty matches on nodes and communicate with us.

PS I did enjoy the trolling nature of the event name. The next will surely be called "you deserve this, losers".
  • babar3355
    Options
    Should I start a new post to discuss that the entire left node is seemingly broken?  Or should we just make mention of it here?
  • babar3355
    Options
    Lol.. I just noticed that the top "red/blue" node is actually called "Tezzeret the Schemer Node".
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And now the event is gone.
  • babar3355
    Options
    Good...  thank you @Brigby
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The event has disappeared. Congratulations, dear devs! This game is beyond funny.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally played a node, now app crashed.  Does that mean the event is gone?!?!?!   Wow, guess I will go back into hibernation.....

Not. Another. Dime.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now, wait a second.

Maybe this means they're pulling the event to run next weekend.

That would actually be the right thing to do.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If it's been this buggy for people, good that they took it down. Hopefully they'll bring the event (and its tasty reward) back when they can make sure it'll run smoothly.
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    D3's new theme song just dropped and it is fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie-hlcw8VnU
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It definitely is the right thing to do (repeat the whole event), but it's just frustrating to experience so many bugs all the time. I can't remember any moment of this game when things just "run smoothly"