Deadpool Daily Vaults Getting Nerfed and Retired Characters?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    With vault token hoarding, you have a much better than 1/300 chance of winning your desired prize. If you hoard 300 tokens, you have a 100% chance of winning the prize of your dreams. It just depends whether you win it on your first pull, your last pull or some time in between.

With non-vault tokens, the odds don't improve with additional pulls.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    IIRC, the post didn't mention 4*s at all, so you can't really say for sure if they're being removed.  But the vaults now only have a 1% chance of a 4* anyway.  You're not exactly losing a ton if they take the 4*s out.

The post had a section labeled "Contents of the store" that was presumably a complete list of what was in the store and 4*s weren't listed. There was an empty bullet at the top, but it appears to have been a typo. OTOH, if you added up the chances of the individual items they listed, it came to 1.47 instead of 1 (like it should have), so something was clearly off (I suspect the list 2* ratio was incorrect). In any event, however, they're reevaluating the whole thing, so it's premature to start discussing specifics.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope they don't remove the taco vaults, but given their gameplay of almost nothing but stupid choice, yeah it's probably coming...
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like a confirmation or denial on this topic. Should we burn through the hoard or not?

@Brigby
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Imo, with the oml nerf to his healing, this would just point to them really, really grasping for people to buy health packs. Honestly, really the only reason i even use tacos. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Since this article was removed from the FAQ page, the information is definitely not finalized. 

In addition, please do not post any screenshots of the briefly posted article, as content might have changed since then. Thank you for understanding.

@snlf25 @Skrofa [Tagged to signify my response]
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Since this article was removed from the FAQ page, the information is definitely not finalized. 

In addition, please do not post any screenshots of the briefly posted article, as content might have changed since then. Thank you for understanding.

Not finalized, but still on the table.  Still removing vault in favor of a store... the contents are the only thing up for debate?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Are my two very optimistic projections (that these changes are pointing to a daily 4* in DDQ and / or that SCL 9 and 10 are coming and featuring 4* covers much more prominently) completely off-base? I'm sure you can't say yet if something like this is true and in the works, but certainly you can deny it if it's completely false?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    As others have mentioned I hope we get notice beforehand if the vault structure is going to change to a standard store. I've saved up about 260 of each taco flavor. I was hoping to open at 280 tacos, so if I have horrific luck I could still buy two 10-packs if necessary. 
  • astrp3
    edited April 2017
    snlf25 said:

Biggest changes:

• Hoarded tokens don't carry over
    • HP has been removed
    • 4-stars removed
    • 3-star chances for bonus heroes
    • 3-stars rotate

I wasn't going to post anything about this since they are reevaluating things, but I don't want this to leave a false impression and get people more riled up than they already are.

The post did not say they were removing all HP, just the 250 HP: the 1,000 HP was still listed, with a slightly better chance of getting it (though, yes, the expected amount of HP per pull went down). They also didn't remove the legendary token (which also had a slightly better chance of being pulled).

The expected amount of ISO per pull was significantly (ca 78%) higher in the new store than it was in the old vault, which would be a step (though a small one) towards addressing one of the major complaints on here: the lack of ISO.

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't mind it changing to a store format. Heck, I'd prefer it being a store over a vault because that would mean we could draw Bonus Heroes. My problem is the lack of 4-stars. Yeah, there's slightly better odds of drawing a Legendary Token but not enough to make up for the lack of 4-stars.
  • oni_889
    oni_889 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Are we going to get a response before the Winter Soldier vault ends tomorrow?  I'd have to burn though my tokens before they disappear.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    @Brigby Are my two very optimistic projections (that these changes are pointing to a daily 4* in DDQ and / or that SCL 9 and 10 are coming and featuring 4* covers much more prominently) completely off-base? I'm sure you can't say yet if something like this is true and in the works, but certainly you can deny it if it's completely false?
    Why would they need to remove two measly 4 stars to make way for either of those options? 

I hope your wishful thinking proves true, but if they remove them it perpetuates how tight-fisted they needlessly are with rewards.

My bigger concern with this pending change is the complete loss of vaults. BH or not, I'll take an 80 vault over those silly store tokens any day of the week. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Why would they need to remove two measly 4 stars to make way for either of those options? 

I hope your wishful thinking proves true, but if they remove them it perpetuates how tight-fisted they needlessly are with rewards.

My bigger concern with this pending change is the complete loss of vaults. BH or not, I'll take an 80 vault over those silly store tokens any day of the week. 
    My thinking in my earlier post was that they are trying to gate 4* covers a bit so new players aren't stumbling on them in the wild quite as easily, rostering them, and trying to focus on them versus 2* and 3* characters, which they absolutely should be. I have a casual alliance and about half of it is made up of rotating new players... I can't tell you  how often one of them gets a 4* or even 5* cover and decides they need to roster it. They'll drop a 2* or 3* character who is infinitely more useful to them at their stage of gameplay to make room, and as such they have a hard time progressing, their play experience is bad, and they rarely get enough rewards to develop any of their characters. And from personal experience, I can say it creates scaling issues... if you develop one 4* above your existing roster's levels, you get screwed. For months, until you can catch everyone else up to their level. I did this with X-Force Wolverine when he was one of the few 4* characters... leveled him to like 160, when most of my 3* characters hadn't even broken 100. It made playing rough for quite some time.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    As someone who has at this moment hoarded 417 and 270 for the two different Taco vaults this information is making me very, very nervous.  :/

But I seem too remember there was a great exclamation of "Look at this fantastic new Vault concept!" when the DDQ got its first overhaul, and followed by a "You can now even get 4*s out of Taco's!". So why change this if they decide to do so? My obviously very limited mind cannot grasp this...

Sic transit gloria mundi. *Shaking my head*  :'(
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:

while it's not finalized can we get confirmation on if the timing is still going to be the same.

I would like to continue to stock pile my tacos for a better vault, but given the original announcement if I wanted my current tacos to be used in the vault at all I would need to use them on this one.

I would rather use them on that then just random draws, so I am hoping to get confirmation it is safe to continue to stock pile for now, or is the timing still planned and just the details changed. Please let us know within 48 hours as that is all the more time the current vault has.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    yay the new forums don't have any protection from double posting so when it took forever to post and I clicked post comment again it posted twice off the same post :/
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    If what they intend to do is stop people from hoarding tacos, then it would make sense to remove 4-stars from the token, or it would have the opposite effect. With this preliminar new format, the only 3-stars you can pull are those featured. Imagine the same applied to 4-stars. I know everybody here would hoard their tacos for ten months waiting for that one week where every 4-star pull from the taco store will be a Drax.
    Of course, I hope they put new chances to get 4-stars elsewhere.
  • astrp3
    edited April 2017

My thinking in my earlier post was that they are trying to gate 4* covers a bit so new players aren't stumbling on them in the wild quite as easily, rostering them, and trying to focus on them versus 2* and 3* characters, which they absolutely should be...And from personal experience, I can say it creates scaling issues... if you develop one 4* above your existing roster's levels, you get screwed. For months, until you can catch everyone else up to their level. I did this with X-Force Wolverine when he was one of the few 4* characters... leveled him to like 160, when most of my 3* characters hadn't even broken 100. It made playing rough for quite some time.
    Even worse is that most newbies probably have no idea what scaling is - and if they don't read the forums, and aren't in an alliance, they might never find out. I could see a newbie lucking into a 5* cover early on (by buying VIP, by spending their first 25 CP purchase, etc.)  then playing PvE for the first time, deciding "Oh, this game is impossible" and quitting. I'm quite glad I didn't get a 5* in my first  couple of weeks. I have no idea if this is what they had in mind when they considered removing 4*s from the taco vault (assuming that's what they were considering) but personally, i doubt that it was.
  • astrp3

My thinking in my earlier post was that they are trying to gate 4* covers a bit so new players aren't stumbling on them in the wild quite as easily, rostering them, and trying to focus on them versus 2* and 3* characters, which they absolutely should be...And from personal experience, I can say it creates scaling issues... if you develop one 4* above your existing roster's levels, you get screwed. For months, until you can catch everyone else up to their level. I did this with X-Force Wolverine when he was one of the few 4* characters... leveled him to like 160, when most of my 3* characters hadn't even broken 100. It made playing rough for quite some time.
    Even worse is that most newbies probably have no idea what scaling is - and if they don't read the forums, and aren't in an alliance, they might never find out. I could see a newbie lucking into a 5* cover early on (by buying VIP, with their first 25 CP purchase, etc.)  then playing PvE for the first time, deciding "Oh, this game is impossible" and quitting. I'm quite glad I didn't get a 5* in my first  couple of weeks. I have no idea if this is what they had in mind when they considered removing 4*s from the taco vault (assuming that's what they were considering) but personally, i doubt that it was.