Deadpool Daily Vaults Getting Nerfed and Retired Characters?

Frustrated1
Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
There's been some talk over on the Reddit forum about the vaults losing 4 stars and no stockpiling allowed. Anyone else heard anything?

Also, what's with the rumor of moving vaulted characters to retired?

Comments

• Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    There was an announcement post on helpshift about it that was quickly removed and is now a dead link. Someone screencapped it, but I'm not sure how to link it because the new link function doesn't support right-clicking so I can't copy and paste. Great forum design!
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Someone posted a screen shot in one of my Line app chat rooms about a change to the Taco Vaults but I haven't seen anything on the forums about this. The announcement mentioned that the change would include the removal of the Vaults and be turned into the store style tokens but instead of just drawing characters it includes iso, hp, health packs etc. it's suppose to be implemented April 16th. Is there any truth to this? 
  • Ayasugi-san
    The announcement about the change was taken down hours after it went up. The devs are thinking more about it and nothing was finalized winking-smiley-face.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby What's the deal with this? 
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    So we shouldn't expect it by April 16th? People were starting to sell off all their tokens worried that the vaults weren't going to be around in two weeks. lol

• Ayasugi-san
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it did all change on April 13th just like they said, and we just get less warning and more uncertainty.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

Biggest changes:

• Hoarded tokens don't carry over
    • HP has been removed
    • 4-stars removed
    • 3-star chances for bonus heroes
    • 3-stars rotate

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    when they changed from token page to vault those older tokens didn't transfer. i doubt they would transfer if changed vice versa.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    There was an announcement post on helpshift about it that was quickly removed and is now a dead link. Someone screencapped it, but I'm not sure how to link it because the new link function doesn't support right-clicking so I can't copy and paste. Great forum design!
    Yes, this new forum design is great, unless you want to actually format anything. Pretty poor on mobile too. Can we please go back to the bbcode one? Or maybe get an app that's way more mobile friendly? Like 90% of your players (based off the highly scientific poll I found on the side of the road) play the game on a phone, and therefore are more likely to use the mobile site. 

Anyhow, I saw this announcement as well. From what I remember:

The (somewhat) positive:
    Legendary tokens odds increased to 1:208 or so. Same with 10k iso. Note that over even 15 tokens, this is not as good of odds as current ones. 
    1:5 chance of a 3*. If this is anything like the 1:4 that elites advertise, you'll probably get one or two 3*s per taco cycle.
    Higher odds all around on iso. 
    Option for bonus heroes on 3s.

The negative:
    No more HP, except for the 1000 token. Which is at about 1:208, same as the LT. 
    No more 4s, either featured or random. 
    No more random 3s.
    Because it's no longer a Vault, no more benefit from hoarding tacos. 
    Increased odds for health packs. You may view this as a positive, but it's a trash reward for me. Personal opinion. 

Demiurge Anthony did chime in somewhere and say that it was taken down as they had not finalized it. So you should know... 

These are not the final numbers and you should not assume this is what the change will be. They may decide not to change it at all, or possibly add some things in to make it a little closer to the current taco token rewards. 

So keep that in mind. In addition, the original had an empty bullet point (something I'd like to see as an option here on the new forums, BTW.), which suggests that they were not done with the list, and that someone might have just had an itchy trigger finger posting it. 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    //Removed image, because that's not finalized information -Brigby

There's the image. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    //Removed image, because that's not finalized information -Brigby

There's the image. 
    Yup. Definitely a hot steaming pile of trash. Thanks D3
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Guessing that the reason behind such a change would be to allow Bonus Heroes to be triggered by taco token pulls. 
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, another update of awful.
    This was one of the few ways to specifically target 4 Star covers outside of PVP.
    Like many others, I would save my Taco Tokens until there was a 4 Star cover that I needed, and then pull until I got it.  Otherwise, I'd hoard.
    This was how I was able to beat the Winter Soldier 4DDQ this cycle.  For some reason, I've had really terrible RNG getting him, as mine is "only" 4 3 4.

With this change, it's yet another active nerf to prevent the player base from brute forcing RNG   There were so few ways to do this to begin with, and to guarantee success you needed to hoard FOREVER, so there's no reason why this needs to be done.

Who cares if "the specifics are not final".  I know game dev well enough to know that if the "update" was ready enough to get posted to a forum, there will be very little change to the system once it gets added. 
    It will be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    Guessing that the reason behind such a change would be to allow Bonus Heroes to be triggered by taco token pulls. 
    That wouldn't explain the part of the initial statement that said 4*s were being removed from the tokens.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    The end is near.

I wonder if $$$ has completely fell off a cliff for them to be making these massive changes if rumors are true.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    If true, the devs are on a roll like nothing else. Just bad change after bad change.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    250hp gone?
    That was like the best pull for me in the vault.

Are they trying to kill their game or what? 

• insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Im still not sure whether to pull my savory stash or not. An update in the next two days would be nice.