Deadpool Daily Vaults Getting Nerfed and Retired Characters?

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    Guessing that the reason behind such a change would be to allow Bonus Heroes to be triggered by taco token pulls. 
    Which is fine, but why remove 4* altogether?

Or, which maybe concerns me more, the 250 HP pulls have ALWAYS been in tacos; why remove those from a reversion back to blind pulls?
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Through all of the recent changes, d3 has put a spin on things to make it sound like they are to our advantage. I really am curious what spin they are going use on removing 4*'s from ddq. Unless they are adding a separate 4* crash token. That I would be ok with.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Through all of the recent changes, d3 has put a spin on things to make it sound like they are to our advantage. I really am curious what spin they are going use on removing 4*'s from ddq. Unless they are adding a separate 4* crash token. That I would be ok with.
    You can see it in the image. They're spinning it as upping the chance to get everything else in the vaults.

And I don't think a separate 4* Crash token would be adequate with how unavailable they're making 4*s, as the people who win crash already have well-covered older 4*s, while the ones who need guaranteed covers of specific characters are the players in the transition. It'll be a year before any of us get a Crash with a character we have well-covered, since newer ones are skipped in the Crash rotation.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    More optimism: It's also possible that we're on the precipice of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance levels 9 and 10, and 4* rewards factor into them more notably.

I could see them wanting to remove 4* opportunities from beginning players, as what happens then is they score a 4* and have it replace the 2* or 3* they actually should be rostering at their level. Or even worse, they get a couple of covers on the 4* and level it way above the rest of their roster, ruining them with scaling and making the play experience difficult.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    More optimism: It's also possible that we're on the precipice of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance levels 9 and 10, and 4* rewards factor into them more notably.

I could see them wanting to remove 4* opportunities from beginning players, as what happens then is they score a 4* and have it replace the 2* or 3* they actually should be rostering at their level. Or even worse, they get a couple of covers on the 4* and level it way above the rest of their roster, ruining them with scaling and making the play experience difficult.
    Wow, I am impressed that there is anyone still here with optimism about how changes from D3 are likely to impact us, regardless of recent evidence to the contrary.  ;)

The point about scaling is an interesting one, but surely it should actually be used as just another indication that their whole scaling system needs fixing as in a game that is so highly set on rng for rewards, punishing people for being luckier than average seems like a fairly asinine design choice. 
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing one of two similar things happened that caused the info to get pulled. One being that the lack of 4* covers available was actually an error, not an intentional change. Second being the final odds are being changed to reflect that.

At least, that's what I'm hoping. Tacos kinda suck to begin with, pulling 4* covers from the pile just makes them into Elite tokens with a different skin. Meh.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    It they make this change and also remove the 4*. I'll be definitely the next one to quit playing. 
    Btw what up with all the sudden negative changes to mpq. It's really frustrating. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect they're seeking a way to remove the "hoard tacos to get a desired 4*" mechanic and this was version 1. They may possibly also be looking to remove HP from the tacos because champ rewards & SHIELD intercepts (sorry Steam players) already provide free HP to the player in addition to the usual event progression rewards. They may be thinking that the flow of free HP is too high now.

Either way, if & when a taco change hits that removes 4*, that'll be the end for me. So in a perverse way I kinda hope they do it.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if/when the tokens change from vault to regular store, your old tokens will still work. They've never killed a token that was in your invintory.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if/when the tokens change from vault to regular store, your old tokens will still work. They've never killed a token that was in your invintory.

The old tokens will still work, but as single draws, not as a 300-token vault. So chances for winning the good prizes will now skyrocket, unless we draw them before we lose the vault.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sucks that they're removing the HP from the token prizes. Now, they are useless. Why bother doing anything with this game! They take away all progression and leave you back at the start!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's also relevant to point out that "tokens do not carry over" does not mean that your tokens will "expire" or become useless. It just means that when you finally pull those tokens, they will be pulled using the vault odds/structure and not the store odds/structure.

We already see this with release/non-release PVE tokens. One event has a vault, the other a store. Hoarded store tokens are pulled using store odds/composition and vault using the same for the vault.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler

The hits just keep coming in, don't they? Vaulting older 4*s, idiotic Vintage Heroic tokens, nerfing OML and now slaughtering the DDQ vault. What will they tackle next? Oh here's an idea: you lose a cover of a champed character for each day you don't play. It sounds ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past them if they think it can earn them cash.

I mean seriously, D3, do you even care about the non-whales at all??? AT ALL???!!

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    From the screenshot I saw, it sounded HORRIBLE. Getting rid of the 4*s sounds like a dumb idea unless they are combining it with a better way to get more 4*s. This part should not be bonus heroes because they hardly ever work! I don't think I have ever gotten a bonus 4*/5*

But what would infuriate me is if they take out the HP. I hoard to 300 for each vault FOR the HP. Because of my roster, I don't think I can usually get high enough to get the infinite HP people seem to have. My best bet is to consistently play DDQ for the 3 a day (this was a wonderful change! You can do good changes!) and when I have over 300 for each, pull 8000 HP. So that I can actually open tokens without wasting covers I don't have the HP to roster. I guess if this happens, I'll just pull my 200 for each and hope I get a bunch of HP.

But what would make me livid and insane, would be if they implement this or something like it WITH NO ADVANCE WARNING. If they have to make another terrible change to the game, fine. Whatever. Keep slowly reducing the good parts of the game that players like, the rewards. But LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A HUGE CHANGE.

That is all. For now.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Depending on how they move forward on this, I'm done.  Too many changes that I don't like.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    IIRC, the post didn't mention 4*s at all, so you can't really say for sure if they're being removed.  But the vaults now only have a 1% chance of a 4* anyway.  You're not exactly losing a ton if they take the 4*s out.