The Baral Nerf.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @ shteev I guess the good news is that the Devs wording about Baral 2.0 was exactly as they said it would be and stayed true to that effect all the way to the update.  Now if I can only figure out this new format... not really liking it at the moment as it isn't user friendly imho... maybe I'm judinging it too early. 
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since the "enter the board" effect is removed. He's not that explosive anymore. 
    You have now more control  though, about the cards that were auto-cast before.

Still, it is a nerf as far as I would judge it now.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Since the "enter the board" effect is removed. He's not that explosive anymore. 
    You have now more control  though, about the cards that were auto-cast before.

Still, it is a nerf as far as I would judge it now.
    Yep a nerf it definitely is, but I've yet to see how his effect works game wise. I've a deck pre-built in anticipation of this update and hope it works like I think it will. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    baral post nerf seem full of a lot of posibilites i think one is using confiscation coup in rai hmm her first ability gives 4 energy ;-) they got a war pig out hmm thanks ill take that lol, hadnt even thought about the possibilities in kiora yet getting her the next time she is in the vault lol
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    baral post nerf seem full of a lot of posibilites i think one is using confiscation coup in rai hmm her first ability gives 4 energy ;-) they got a war pig out hmm thanks ill take that lol, hadnt even thought about the possibilities in kiora yet getting her the next time she is in the vault lol
    Using him as a failsafe preparer right now. I've got a deck with Consulate crackdown that Baral loads with mana while I'm using mana from swapped gems to play lower cost cards. Gotta tell ya, I get a twisted sense of satisfaction from watching that spell go off and one by one by one destroy all of the supports the AI put on the battlefield. Have lost legacy being used in another deck in this manner. 
  • morgue427
    Options
    tried it in the event sounded goo in thery but practice not so much really always had 3 creatures out when it was full so perhaps tightening coils i can always make any creature go under 0 points damage ;-). wish i had consulate crackdown want to wipe their supports but no such luck. also tried displacement wave but just couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    tried it in the event sounded goo in thery but practice not so much really always had 3 creatures out when it was full so perhaps tightening coils i can always make any creature go under 0 points damage ;-). wish i had consulate crackdown want to wipe their supports but no such luck. also tried displacement wave but just couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger
    Do you by chance have engulf the Shore? That's a good option too. 
  • morgue427
    Options
    of course not lol almost no mythic spells except dread waters and chandras ignition i just got while my friend i work with pulled an exert influence (jerk;-) well off to see what kind of meanness i can make for tezz2 and rai
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    of course not lol almost no mythic spells except dread waters and chandras ignition i just got while my friend i work with pulled an exert influence (jerk;-) well off to see what kind of meanness i can make for tezz2 and rai
    i feel for you man. Dread Waters was my first mythic. Hang in there. #ItGetsBetter