MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2017 Edition *Updated (4/26/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @TheZeusBear

Nice catch! It should've been Modern, not Goddess of Thunder. I've corrected it in the Sneak Peek. Thanks!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Diarchos said:
    It's ridiculous that they don't give blue as reward in Prodigal Sun. To many yellows out there on Wasp
    My 4/5/0 Wasp does not agree with you.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Diarchos said:
    It's ridiculous that they don't give blue as reward in Prodigal Sun. To many yellows out there on Wasp
    And my 3/4/5 Wasp is delighted with the progression rewards.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 5/5/2 Wasp is delighted about the black cover. I have already sold multiple yellows and blues.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Diarchos said:

Quebbster said:
    My 5/5/2 Wasp is delighted about the black cover. I have already sold multiple yellows and blues.
    My 5/0/5 (more like 9/0/8) Wasp disagrees with both of you, and shows how anecdotal all of this complaining actually is.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sigh, just 2 more pvp events consisting of featured, Peggy and X.

Well, if that's what it takes for the devs to finally realize that she's just plain overpowered...
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I for one am not at all afraid of Peggy even when boosted. I'd rather fight her than Medusa or Carol. So i hardly think she needs a nerf.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    I for one am not at all afraid of Peggy even when boosted. I'd rather fight her than Medusa or Carol. So i hardly think she needs a nerf.
    I agree with this. Target her first and as soon as you have her below the ap increase threshold you can pretty much wipe the whole team
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Starting with the May Sneak Peek, I will begin posting this thread exclusively within the Events sub-forum. Rest assured though that for the first transition month, I will have a redirect link located in General Discussion that will take players to its new home in Events. The intent is to drive traffic to other sections of the forum, and allow for a more organized forum overall.
    this includes upcoming character boost lists (which presumably could be in character discussion sub-forum)?  thanks b
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby the question is will you still add all such announcements in the News section (without commenting open)?
  • Brigby
    Options
    @TxMoose Since these characters are specifically boosted for events, I would argue that having it live only in the Sneak Peek in the Events sub-forum is appropriate. I see Character Discussion more so as an area to discuss the mechanics or design of characters.

@Magic The Sneak Peek was not originally structured as an announcement, but rather more of a helpful guide provided. If enough players would like it to be referenced there, then I don't mind including a redirect link, however we'd prefer having the News and Announcements be solely development or maintenance news.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we get some info on the rewards for the new Thanos boss? And the boost list for the event??
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(4/24/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Weekly Buffs, and added Marvel's Star-Lord article
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Starfury said:

Well, if that's what it takes for the devs to finally realize that she's just plain overpowered...
    I barely used my champed boosted Peggy. Boosted Wasp with Carol and Medusa is faster than Peggy.. it's even more interesting and strategic to play with. I'm not scared of Peggy anymore. These 3 girls have taken over MPQ.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starfury said:

I barely used my champed boosted Peggy. Boosted Wasp with Carol and Medusa is faster than Peggy.. it's even more interesting and strategic to play with. I'm not scared of Peggy anymore. These 3 girls have taken over MPQ.
    Wasp isn't exactly boosted in PVP (I do use her a lot in the PVE though)

I still see Peggy in almost every single team I face. It just gets boring real quickly because even when she's not boosted, she comes up almost as often as the boosted 4*.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate PVP, but I'm going to have to grind out that Purple Iceman cover.  Boosted characters aren't going to be great for me and it being a Strang3 PVP is going to be particularly frustrating.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh man, Punisher MAX boosted? That one's a nasty piece of work. I had less problems with him than with Bl4de, but still faced several losses to his boosted power.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    As someone with only Invisible Woman and Pun champed i'm glad Iceman and Hulkbuster (to a lesser extent) got the Off-Season week.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Oh man, Punisher MAX boosted? That one's a nasty piece of work. I had less problems with him than with Bl4de, but still faced several losses to his boosted power.
    Shame he wasn't boosted for Thanos PVP - it was one of my favorite puzzle PVPs last time (especially with hyper Court Death) trying to keep Thanos stunned when I needed people dead.