MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2017 Edition *Updated (4/26/17)

Options

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    It's likely not a new release. Seven day events are almost never new releases (only exception in about two years was when Chulk was released in the Hulk event, so if we were to get a new version of Sentry it might be released in Prodigal Sun). Besides, we are due for a fivestar release and haven't seen a sneak preview of the next character yet, so the signs strongly indicate a non-release PvE.
    Also, Brigby noted there would not be a character release with the latest software update. Now I suspect we will get some condensed releases corresponding to the FOLLOWING update, but that is still at least a week away.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I know Brigby is checking, but do we have guesstimations on which Wasp covers will be the progression in Psun?

Edit: yellow & black, the event preview is now in-game.

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And Ant-Man / Storm as rewards.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's sad that verifying the rewards with the developers took so long that the preview thread is no longer actually a preview. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    7 day events got 2 4 :star: covers, but still only 25 command points
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, the event is live....maybe update the preview?

On another note, an updated complete list of Crash order, vs just announcing a few days early, would be much appreciated.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @bluewolf- just check https://mpq.gamependium.com/ if the officiella forum doesn't provide.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(4/20/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Deadpool's Dailies
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Iceman rewards for daredevil pvp? That'll be fun. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I wish cover rotation weren't so blatantly biased.

Clearance Level 8 for Strange Sights, best rewards possible for the event, top 10 get yellow/black Wasp covers, top 5 get the blue.

Next event, Prodigal Sun, 7 day event, under the new format, gets us two more Wasp covers. And of course, they're yellow/black.

Blue is harder to get, artificial rarity is created by handing out the rewards in an uneven manner, and THIS is why people ask for colorless covers.

It wouldn't have hurt to have made one of the two Prodigal Sun covers blue. But asking the devs to consider minor changes to make things a little more fair is like pulling teeth.
    Is it necessarily deliberately biased?  I will grant you that it certainly is on initial release, with the way that the most alliance rewards and most common personal rewards overlap.  In PvE rotation, though, the standard rotation is two colors available in progression and the third color in placement in the next event.  The only time you have two progression covers is in 7-day events, and this was only recently added.  Doesn't it seem likely that in adding a second progression cover, they just added the next cover in rotation to rewards?  So it goes black-blue-yellow-black.

For these four-cover series, the most important question is whether the rotation restarts the next time the character comes up in PvE rewards: does it start at the next color in the sequence, or does it start over in the same order every time?
  • fmftint
    Options
    Please fix Phoenix ashes BEFORE Thanos PVP event

Thanks
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Behold Thanos - Thanos (Modern) (4/23/17) *New Update*

More like 'Behold Healthpacks'
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    If you mean Phoenix not regenerating from ally damage, that's working as intended.  They've answered this somewhere around here.  It's the same situation as 3* Captain Marvel, 3* Hulk, either Deadpool, or 4* Red Hulk's damage-triggered reaction abilities not responding to damage from Carnage red or Sentrys red and green abilities.  Similarly, ally damage or self-inflivcted damage are unaffected by strike or protect tiles.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby is this accurate for the Behemoth Burrito?
    Miles Morales, Thor (Goddess of Thunder), Daken (Dark Avengers)
  • fmftint
    Options
    Dayv said:
    fmftint said:
    If you mean Phoenix not regenerating from ally damage, that's working as intended.  They've answered this somewhere around here.  It's the same situation as 3* Captain Marvel, 3* Hulk, either Deadpool, or 4* Red Hulk's damage-triggered reaction abilities not responding to damage from Carnage red or Sentrys red and green abilities.  Similarly, ally damage or self-inflivcted damage are unaffected by strike or protect tiles.
    You're telling me, the first few months That Ashes did work with Court Death, THAT  was the bug. Is that what you're saying?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Iceman rewards for daredevil pvp? That'll be fun. 
    Tried to think about how I'd go for this, with the obvious thought being a a five-minute miracle, then realized that the reward for top 5 is going to be blue and only top 1 will get green.  Not worth even trying for a 6th blue.

On the plus(?) side, it'll probably be followed by a Strang3 PVP with a purple progression reward.  I think I've only achieved a 4* progression reward from PVP once or twice, but with a 3/5/1 Iceman that purple may inspire the effort.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Behold Thanos - Thanos (Modern) (4/23/17) *New Update*

More like 'Behold Healthpacks'
    At least it's no longer broken 3* Thanos who hurt your own team as much as the enemy. I think I boycotted that one after two or three nodes.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I wish cover rotation weren't so blatantly biased.

Clearance Level 8 for Strange Sights, best rewards possible for the event, top 10 get yellow/black Wasp covers, top 5 get the blue.

Next event, Prodigal Sun, 7 day event, under the new format, gets us two more Wasp covers. And of course, they're yellow/black.

Blue is harder to get, artificial rarity is created by handing out the rewards in an uneven manner, and THIS is why people ask for colorless covers.

It wouldn't have hurt to have made one of the two Prodigal Sun covers blue. But asking the devs to consider minor changes to make things a little more fair is like pulling teeth.
    Maybe make a post in the suggestions and feedback subforum...apparently they actually read things there.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's ridiculous that they don't give blue as reward in Prodigal Sun. To many yellows out there on Wasp