Do we boycott Vintage Heroics?

1235»

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Considering I just got 3 2*s from the 3 tokens I earned in PVP, I would have to say I will never buy any of these packs
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if you could hoard all your heroics all season and then they would all convert over to vintage heroics during the off-season, and then back again at the start of the next season.  Would that make you guys happy?
    I'd like that a lot actually.  I always hoard and this would make it so I could get old characters at the lower rate from heroics and newer characters from the legendaries.  
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    revskip said:
    It would be nice if you could hoard all your heroics all season and then they would all convert over to vintage heroics during the off-season, and then back again at the start of the next season.  Would that make you guys happy?
    I'd like that a lot actually.  I always hoard and this would make it so I could get old characters at the lower rate from heroics and newer characters from the legendaries.  

I think it would be better/easier to just have the vintage store take regular heroic tokens and get rid of the vintage heroic tokens. I would like it even more if they did that AND made the vintage store a permanent one. Then again, having it only available in the off-season would give me a reason to hoard my heroics and give me something to look forward to.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not in the slightest.  Main problem is 4*s the chance of getting 4* from those tokens would be pretty low.  There needs to be a CP vault with vaulted characters, nothing short of that will do.  Period.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I'll echo the sentiment of others in that I refuse to buy the tokens only because they contain 2*. If it was just 3*/4* vintage heroes I would gladly pay.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I don't get the hate for 2*s. I'm assuming you guys are not farming, then? Even if you are just starting to build up your 3*s, a 2* champ level reward can only help?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    They're already available in high proportions through elites, regular heroics, and vault tokens.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get the hate for 2*s. I'm assuming you guys are not farming, then? Even if you are just starting to build up your 3*s, a 2* champ level reward can only help?
    I've opened a total of four VHT so far, all rewards from last off season play (haven't started any current off season PvP yet). I pulled three 2*s and a 3* Hulk (who I can still get farming Moonstone, but that's neither here nor there.). How, exactly, does that help me get vaulted 4*s in any meaningful way? 

Yes, I do run a full 2* farm, but didn't really need yet another way to pull more 2* tokens. There are more than enough avenues to receive them elsewhere. 
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no need to boycott anything. This works like the free market. If it's good enough for enough people, you cannot ask them to give up something that works for them just because it doesn't work for you and you want to try to force the devs' hand. However, if it is as bad a solution as you think it is (yes, it is) people simply not spend money on them and it will happen naturally and the devs will need to find a better solution.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Boycotting it is the free market.

And I'd rather the devs know exactly why I'm not using the store. If they don't listen to what the problem is, then we're never going to get an actual solution. Passivity won't do anything.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Four more VHTs, four more 2*s. This token would be perfect if there were no 2*s and the 3*/4* split was 75/25 or so. Keep it available in the off season only.

Purely a guess on my part, but if you changed it to that, you would likely make many people very happy and might see an uptick in HP sales so people could buy from this store during the off season. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actually been buying the daily heroics/vintage tokens just to get more 2* covers to drop. Chasing iso to champ 4* before their cover expires and selling maxed 2* is the only way to make it (daily iso earn rate really took a hit due to boss event and 48hr subs)
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    If they're going to continue using the Vintage Heroic token, at least change the placement rewards in the off-season LRs to VH.  The timing lines up perfectly and everything.