Do we boycott Vintage Heroics?

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I know the forums doesn't contain the entire playerbase, but should we all boycott buying ANY Vintage Heroics? Is this too rash? I kinda think not because it sounds like a pretty bad implementation.

Obviously if you want to play the game and earn them through the events, that's cool. But I suggest not buying ANY Vintage Heroics at all.

What do people think of that? Stupid or it's the only way devs will pay any attention?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since some will be earned through normal play they can't really be boycott
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:

I feel like the devs will be able to differentiate between tokens bought with HP and tokens used after being won from normal play, right?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

I trust they will track how many are opened by currency versus rewarded tokens. I plan on spending nothing.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I think it would have the opposite effect. The devs will be looking at the vintage sales to see what the demand is for vaulted characters. Boycotting could inadvertently tell the devs that you don't care about them.

Plus the people on this forum represent a tiny portion of the player base, so a small boycott wouldn't make a dent. And the whales will do what they want anyway. icon_e_smile.gif

I'm planning on getting the single daily deals, assuming they are 100 HP.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    But whales don't need vaulted 3s or 4s.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

We sure as hell don't have to open them. Given how crummy they are, it won't even be a very significant loss, either.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'll try single pulls if they're 100 hp
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Tinykitty. Yes.

I'd discard the tokens won as rewards if there was any way to do that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't justify spending 100 HP a day on what equates to a 2 or 3-star champ level. I think it's an overall bad buy so I'll be inadvertently boycotting. The fact that THIS is their solution to vaulting is a joke.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 wrote:
    Plus the people on this forum represent a tiny portion of the player base, so a small boycott wouldn't make a dent.

I hate this attitude.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    One major opportunity available is leaving poor ratings on the app stores. 1000 of poor reviews will drop the game down the charts to where potential new players can't find it. Just circulate the message through all the line groups with the t50 or t100 alliances and you will have plenty of people.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I won't spend HP on them. I'm saving thousands to build my 3* champ farm! Although I did just spend a bunch of HP to try (and fail) to win more Howards..

**Edit: I did spend HP on them after all. I bought some 100 HP daily specials... won 2*s. icon_e_confused.gif **
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I don't really need any classic 4* characters. Level 280 is as high as I'm going with them. Most of them are done already. Only interested in newer characters. So naturally I'll boycott vintage.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Not JUST Vintage Heroics; everything. Until this gets fixed.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    don't buy anything or open any tokens till after the token page disappears. that will be about 10 days if u can handle that. too bad not enough of the general pop goes to forum, but pass it along.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I typically don't do random token pulls, so don't plan on pulling from this store. Maybe the tokens I win, but that will probably be it. And I'm still on the fence about even that.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    The best way to get the point across is to boycott any and all events giving them as prizes. Just plain refuse to even earn the **** pieces of ****!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I bet there's a busload of players who have a busload of HP burning a hole in their pocket after the anniversary sale. And they're gonna jump at the 2% chance of an Iceman cover over buying another roster slot.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    To be honest I don't see a single reason to buy those tokens at all.
    If you need a particular character it's better to mark it as your bonus char than counting on your luck when pulling few tokens.
    Especially regarding 4*'s.