Options
124»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub wrote:
    5* Logan (1/0/2)
    4* Peggy (2/2/4) - Actually pulled 2-3 bonus Peggy's already...was Pun Max before that and got a bonus cover or two...
    3* IM40 (Lvl171 - to get IMHB blueflag.png (5/5/2)) then switch to Hawkeye (1/2/2)

Just FMI, why are people selecting multiple bonus heroes? I think it makes sense if you have a lot that are champed and are trying to level them evenly. But it looks like there are multiple people who have yet to champ and are selecting multiple bonus heroes.

Depends. For some, it might be because they have a few heroes who are close to yielding a champion cover. For example, Quicksilver, Punisher, Thanos, and Strang3 are all close'ish to 183 for me, so covers for any of the four work.

For others, there might be multiple characters in need of building (maybe they don't have Thanos, Strange, or Hawkguy 13'ed yet).
    Also, can you get multiple covers of bonus heroes that you've maxed? I have an IM (0/2/5), but don't want to bonus him out of fear of getting another purpleflag.png . I doubt there is an alg that would only give me blueflag.png or greenflag.png , knowing that I am maxed on purpleflag.png , but just thought I'd ask the forum

I've got two redflag.png bonus covers for icon_peggycarter.png in my queue right now. She's 5/3/2.

You can definitely pull not just bonus covers you can't use, but multiples of such.

That's why you'll see some people switch off a bonus hero who is, say, 5/5/2 to someone who can use covers for two or even all three powers.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub wrote:
    Just FMI, why are people selecting multiple bonus heroes? I think it makes sense if you have a lot that are champed and are trying to level them evenly. But it looks like there are multiple people who have yet to champ and are selecting multiple bonus heroes.

I have got both Thanos and Strange selected because I use them both in pve and they are my lowest level 3* champions, so a cover for either of them is a welcome one.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* marvel
    4* peggy and marvel
    5* will be managed when I pull my hoard, ensuring the one about to leave gets covered. I plan on starting to pull again when thanos leaves and BH will be bp until I get him to 13. then will hoard until the next 5* hits and then my BH will be hawk, rinse/repeat.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bonus heroes got 4* Carol fully covered, soon to be champed. Now I don't know who to favorite. I want to get Medusa and Coulson covered, but Medusa is 1/2/5 and Coulson is 0/2/5. Not sure I should choose a bonus that could get wasted. Thinking I should favorite all 4* champs under 280?

For 3*s I favorite anyone that gives out 4*s that I have champed.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wasted covers make me suffer, so i tend to choose the strongest nonchamped char without 5 covers in any colour. Currently 5* Phoenix and 4* Carol and Coulson.

Regarding 3*, i was putting Strange and Thanos in level with the rest; will swap to Hawkguy as soon as he's available, Iron Fist maybe
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Iron Man (L 218)
    4* - Quake (4/4/3)
    5* - Dr. Strange (1/2/1)

Up until a few days ago I had about 6 different 3*s favorited, but I change it to just Iron Man as this weekend I got my 12th Iron Man Hulkbuster cover. My 13th will be a champion reward from 3* in 5 levels, so I'm trying to accelerate that happening.

Quake is my 4* as she's the highest ranked 4* I have that doesn't have any covers maxed out. Once she has 5 of any one cover I will move the next highest rated without 5. This is my policy for anytime other than when I am opening a large horde. When I open a large horde I will instead switch to 4*s that are top teir and within 1 to 2 covers of championing (even if they have 5 in one or two catagories) the thinking being if I'm pulling a large number I'm more likely to pull multiple and if I pull what I need, even if I get some I don't, I can champion and apply the unusable via champ system. If this theory blows up in my face once or twice I'll probably start buying finals for 120 CP, but I'm trying to avoid that.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 star.png = Dr. Strange, Thanos - just want the champ levels to increase the damage of their passives.
    4 star.png = X-23, got one bonus cover that put her at max, so I champed her and now waiting for one more to get the LT, then I can remove her from the Bonus Heroes. Quake - need 1 more cover to max her then one for the LT, and Luke Cage, he's 3 covers short, but I really enjoyed him when he was boosted, so I figured I'd speed up his growth. I won't select more than 3, I do like a little bit of a surprise to my Bonus Heroes.
    5 star.png = OML... hoping its a redflag.png ... he's sitting at 3/4/0 and has been there a looooooong time. These are so rare, makes sense to limit it to the one you really want.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus wrote:
    3* Hulk. Because I want his Red Hulk covers!
    4* Red Hulk because duh.
    5* Logan because he's my only rostered 5*.

But 3* Hulk gives Cho covers...