Who are your Bonus Heroes?

Options
Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I think it's interesting to see who people have selected as their bonus heroes. Are they people you're trying to cover, or just get extra champ levels? Or do you not care at all and let RNGesus handle it all?

For me it's:

3* - Thanos
4* - RHulk
5* - Thanos

After I cover 5* Thanos, I'll switch it around to some of the other 5*s that I have 10 or 11 covers for.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most of the time, Thanos, Strange, Punisher, and Quicksilver at the 3* tier, since those are my only non-183+ 3*.

Right now, just 3* Cap since he's close to 223.

4* is Peggy.

5* are an assortment.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Strange, Thanos (to bring them up, so far working well with Strange) and a 3* that is close to giving a 4* or LT, currently Captain Marvel at 221
    4* - Hulkbuster (he is 298 already), Rhulk, Iceman, Captain Marvel and Medusa. Why? I don't want to bring only one to the 300+, I prefer a bit of diversity. Anyway - i've got only 1 or 2 4* bonus heros since the start (out of multiple legendary and countless other token pulls) so it's not a factor in anything.
    5* - OML (got 1 bonus) as he is 3-1-1 and I use him on easy nodes. But I might switch to a Thanos or Bolt or Hawkeye (he might be the oldest 5* when I open my hoard in couple of months so might as well get a head start if there is any luck).

The 5* bonus is pretty much irrelevant as I am in hoarding mode for the last 2 weeks and going strong. The 4* bonus is pretty much irrelevant as I am not getting any 4* out the feature (and since I am hoarding we are looking at 1 in 300 heroic/event tokens... aka irrelevant). So only the 3* bonus is working for me and it's working fine. I see the bonus cover couple of times a week. But being a player with all 3* (not howkeye but he is close) championed and 25 4* championed it's not exciting at all.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* All vaulted.
    4* Carol Medusa Iceman
    5* OML BSS

Not bothered about the 5* tbh as I will unlikely ever take them past my 4*
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3-star: It's been Doc Strange since the feature was implemented. Once I got him to lvl 200 I switched it to Iron Fist because mine is only lvl 187 and I need him to be higher. I get a good rate of 3-star bonus heroes.

4-Star: Iceman. Mine is woefully under-covered. Have yet to receive a 4-star bonus.

5-star: Spider-Man and Silver Surfer because I don't have any of their covers yet. Have yet to receive a 5-star bonus.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* - Thanos. Most useful 3* to me that isn't close to 266. Do not want 266's any time soon!!

4* - Because I was in a rush to finish 5* Thanos before he leaves, I change my bonus 4* constantly. I bonus whoever is closest to getting an LT champ reward. Currently it's X-23 at level 298. Thanos is now complete so I need to decide if I want to stack levels on a single character or attempt to level my guys somewhat evenly.

5* - Was Thanos but switched yesterday to Im46 who is 2/5/4. Fwiw, I went from 0 Thanos covers to 13 without drawing a single bonus so lol@bonus5's.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Strange
    4* Currently Wasp
    5* OML

4* is the only interchangeable one as I work my way through champing the rest
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM40, Bucky (hoping to get a couple covers so I can beat his clash), Only one who Matters Logan.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Whoever is at xx9 until their champ level gives me an LT. Rinse and repeat.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Strange, Thanos and Bullseye (Bullseye just because he's my lowest), Hulk (My second Lowest) Had quite a few 3* Bonuses

4* - Quake (she's one level away from an LT), Coulson (He's awesome), Rulk ( 2 away from an LT) and Miles (he's pretty low level) : Only had one Bonus so far

5* - Iron Man 45 (I've grown to like his skill set recently) and Goblin (been wanting to build him since his introduction. So far have received zero 5* Bonus
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngdrstrange_icon.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_starlord.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_jeangrey.png

Bonus heroes have been very good to me in the 4-star realm. I've probably pulled at least 4 in heroics since their release. It maxed my Teen Jean who I champed on Monday. Moved to Star-Lord (5/3/3) for now, I'll probably bonus Gamora to get Star-Lord's 13th cover if I happen to hit one.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* - Bolt, I use him more than any other character and want champ levels for him.
    4* - Iceman, my highest 4 at 340 and I already use him over my 5s when boosted, having him at 370 would be a force.
    3* - Mystique, she feeds Iceman. I can't come up with a better reason to bonus a 3*, they are largely irrelevant on my roster at this point.
  • D26
    D26 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5* Logan, because duh
    5* teen Jean and XF Deadpool, because both are at 4/4/4 and any cover allows me to max champ them. Once that's done it moves to Peggy.
    3* anyone close to cover rewards
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Currently:

Thanos
    Peggy
    Squirrel Girl

Long term:
    Phoenix and OML
    Iceman and Red Hulk
    Hawkeye
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* was Strange, now Thanos. Not that I've pulled one on 150+ legendaries, but that's where it's set. After Thanos is done I'll roll the dice on Bolt probably, even though I have a 3/5/1 build.

4* - whoever is not active in tokens and closest to an LT. IMHB, Jean, Carnage, Thing, XForce, Deadforce have all been favorited at different points.

3* - Same thing as 4s: not active, not fed by 2s, and closest to LT. Was She-Hulk, then Doom, then Hood, now I don't even remember.

They're so rare it's not worth trying to actually 'build' a character with it, so I see no reason to leave it on one character for very long.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png - whomever is going to give me the most desirable 4* cover soon. Currently icon_sentry.png for a icon_moonknight.png cover.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png - icon_iceman.png his covers have always eluded me, he's currently up to 3/3/3. I have gotten two bonus Iceman covers so far, one from a token_heroic.png and one from a PVP token_event.png.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png - icon_wolverine.png who is 4/0/0. icon_e_confused.gif No 5* bonus covers yet.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* - The pvp hero. Change to someone below 183 if Pvp is 4* (or off-season).
    4* - I'm currently hoarding (CP and LT only) so i have Agent Venom and will change to Medusa after i'm done with him (heroic pulls).
    5* - Thanos because i'm still missing him.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Thanos and Strange to play catch up
    4* whichever champs that are close to an LT
    5* Currently Thanos - totally optimistically as I try to add to my 8 cover one
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3's all vaulted characters I have championed
    4's X-23 (Edit: added Spider Gwen just in time to get a bonus Spider Gwen)
    5's Black Widow
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Nobody. (I had Thanos and Strange as BH until I got them champed. Might do the same with Hawkguy)
    4* - Gwenpoole (Contemplated Peggy, but at 5/2/5, I didn't want to spend BH on a cover I was going to get in a later event.)
    5* - Thanos (Had him at 1/1/1 before BH. I was hoping it would lead to more black covers, but I recently got 2 Purple covers from a single pull, putting him at 1/4/2)
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* OML, Thanos. No 5s yet.
    4* Peggy (3 bonus covers have gotten her to 4-2-2. Will I champ her before she's nerfed?), Luke Cage. Gotten 4 bonus covers. (other was my 13th Xforce wolverine)
    3* Dr. Strange, Thanos, IM40. Not sure, but at least 7 or 8. I used 1 to get Sentry to 183 for the Moon Knight cover and 1 Daredevil to get an Elektra i needed.