Who are your Bonus Heroes?

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* - Dr Strange mostly, I had Thanos too for a little while, but then focused to just Strange. I’ve gotten an absurd amount of bonus for him, he’s gone from in the 180’s somewhere to lvl 225 since they implemented this. Will switch to Hawkguy when he drops in the mix.

4* - Currently its Coulson, the only character in the new 12 that I don’t have maxed covered. Medusa and Carol were my originals, but they quickly filled up (and I champed Carol, working on Medusa now). Will switch to Iron Fist when he rotates in. Also, I think I’ll take the advice of several from this thread and favorite my 4 characters who at lvl 279 for the easy LT’s, then remove them once they do (Bucky, Cage, Nova, Blade)

5* - OML (mine is 4/4/3) Haven’t gotten any 5* bonuses so far, but I’ve started hoarding LT’s & CP since Strange left the Latest’s. Once (if?) he gets covered, I’ll go Green Goblin or maybe Black Bolt.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Thanos (171), Strange (171), She-Hulk (182)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Nova (2/4/0), Kingpin (2/4/3), Jean Grey (3/3/3), Peggy (3/1/4), Wasp (3/4/1), Blade (3/1/3), Big Pun (3/2/2), Carol (1/2/2), Moonie (2/1/3), Gwenpool (1/2/1), Medusa (1/1/0)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Only one: The original boss, OML. I vow that before I quit MPQ I will earn at least one yellow cover. Day 1,231, 2/0/2 OML.

I made sure that for all of my bonus heroes there was one thing in common - there was 0% chance of sadness and despair at an unusable cover. I'd love more Quake covers, but at 1/1/5 I know in my secret heart of hearts that I'd pull Blue, so I left her off the list.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* - Strange and Thanos. Will be Hawkeye alone once he is available until champed.

4* - Peggy. Still don't have her champed. End of Shield Sim to 2k was an unfun slog through all Peggy's (with varying partners) after 1700. Especially without a champed one of my own (seriously my Peggy sucks at the glorious cover spread of 5/1/3 with 12 reds sold so 17/1/3).

5* - OML. Still no Yellow. My 3/0/5 OML cries. Will switch to someone else once I get a yellow.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pick the next character who will give me a token as a reward, then switch to the next character after. I don't select any 3* in tokens, though. Nor do I select anyone over 250 in that tier. Have had 12 of those since this BH stuff started.

For the 4*s, I've only ever pulled two, but same philosophy as 3*. (Although the 300+ rewards are so much better, so I will stick to them after my next token pull).

For 5*s? OML. I've heard Bonus Heroes exist in that tier, but I've never seen it personally.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3- Thanos (mystique to get her to 183 for iceman, but that happened so I switched back)
    4- Red Hulk
    5- Goblin (I liked his concept) and Thanos (didn't have him)

I got 1 bonus 5 (funny enough IIRC I got him off either my Panther or OML pull, my first of both of those)
    2 bonus 4, one was a useless green.
    I got enough thanos to earn red hulk champ reward at 183, I started at a clean 172~ish so I got a healthy amount from champing.

4 bonus rate is so bad I started hoarding, now I'm in a weird position between buying last red hulk then saving up for peggy or trying my luck (got 2 peggy covers in my surplus 120 worth of pulls once I got the thanos champ red hulk)

So now peggy is 2 from being complete, red hulk needs 1 cover.
    ISO isn't in the place for either to be a champ ASAP range but I think I may spend the next week getting 120 more and spending it on 6 pulls and that last red hulk cover if I get no bonus (which is likely)

Then it's on to Iceman. Once he's done I'll have Iceman, Red hulk, 4 Clops, Star Lord and Peggy champed. Which even with a decent chunk of color overlap is a very good set to be like my 1st 4's.
    Post Iceman carol/medusa with a side of carnage(unfortunately a 5/0/5 build) gets my attention.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    star.png - Thanos. I will switch it to Hawkguy once he's available. I have all the 3 star.png champed except for Hawkguy.
    star.png - Quake. I have swapped it a few times, changing it to a character whom I would like more covers, and do not have 5
      of a color. I previously had it as Captain Marvel and Medusa, but now have at least one of their powers with 5 covers.
    5 star.png - OML. #NeverOMLYellow. My OML is 2/0/2. I've yet to have any bonus 5 star.png pulls.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - IM40 because I use him all the time
    4* - Antman because he has 12 covers and 1 is dying on the vine
    5* - Silver Surfer because he has the most covers
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* - Thanos and Dr Strange, to try and catch them up to my other 3*s and because I use them in PVE.
    4* - Everyone who I have championed so I can add more levels. I'm thinking about switching this to just Coulson eventually until he's covered.
    5* - OML. He's at 12 covers (5/2/5), so hopefully I get lucky and pull a yellow one day. I've gotten 2 OML covers (had to sell one) in almost 200 pulls.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Thanos - Originally Strange, now bringing this one up. I'll switch to Hawkeye once he's in.
    4* Carol - Just champed. Once I clear out my Q, I'll probably swap to an unchamped vaulted char like Chulk
    5* OML - Haven't seen one yet because I'm hoarding LTs (about 122 now) until that Q is clear.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Usually those characters which are close to level 223 (=second 4* cover) or level 227 (=LT). Beast is currently my bonus hero.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    I´ve started with Medusa and Blade. Since they´re both fully covered or championed now I switched to Cap Marvel (two more covers to go).

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Phoenix and Silver Surfer (they´re my highest covered 5* at 9 covers each). Sadly I got no 5* bonus hero so far.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    3* deadpool, he's 221, I'll ride him until he's 227+ I'm generally focusing on ones nearing the 223 second cover, if it's useful, and take it to 227 for bonus covers

4* Coulson, mine is 2/2/5 with two blue on the vine. Trying to finish and champ him ASAP. I've been doing that lately, with the latest 12 mechanic, it's kind of like doubling down, either I'll get covers and champ and get great rewards, or I'll miss and lose a bunch of covers. But I haven't lost yet. Well, besides SW, but I basically have put her at a lower priority.

5* BP, just working on getting covers for him, so I can cover swap if it's necessary.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* = Dr. Strange
    4* = Thor, RHulk, Iceman -- all at 12 covers
    5* = none, although I may have to set it to everyone but Phoenix since I just got a fifth green
  • Ciaphas_Cain
    Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png = Dr Strange plus any champion with an even numbered level NOT Divisible by 4. (Hawkguy to be added when available)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png = Starlord and X23 (covers dying on the vine so need to champion asap)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png = OML plus Hawkeye when available
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* - Bolt, I use him more than any other character and want champ levels for him.
    4* - Iceman, my highest 4 at 340 and I already use him over my 5s when boosted, having him at 370 would be a force.
    3* - Mystique, she feeds Iceman. I can't come up with a better reason to bonus a 3*, they are largely irrelevant on my roster at this point.

Completely agree with Iceman and Mystique. Iceman is insanely powerful boosted above 450, and Mystique feeds him. My Iceman is only 300, but I still use him even unboosted. Seems like a no brainer.
    My current 5* bonus is Phoenix; I only need 1 more cover of her to finish her. I had OML previously and pulled 2 bonus covers to complete him, so Jean is next.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    5* - Thanos, level 456 and I want moooooor levels on him
    4* - Cyclops level 365, almost max champed, then I switch to Xforce Deadpool who's at level 336
    3* - Psylocke 262, almost done, might switch to 3* Thanos after to get those extra Rulks
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    5 star.png : Thanos_Icon.pngdrstrange_icon.png

4 star.png : icon_cyclops.pngicon_katebishop.pngicon_caroldanvers.png

3 star.png : Thanos_Icon.pngdrstrange_icon.png

No lie, about 80% of my 3 star.png BH have been drstrange_icon.png ...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* - Old Man Logan.
    4* - Punisher MAX (he was two covers away from completion when he got vaulted, he's still currently at 5/2/4.)
    3* - Punisher (currently at level 204. Hoping to get him to 223 for the Punisher MAX cover he'll reward, but he's vaulted too.)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3*: Thanos (188), Strange (189), will add Hawkguy when he is available, but I use Strange and Thanos so much in PvP they are worth moving up quickly at least until they catch up to the pack (next lowest 3* is at 210)
    4*: Peggy (287), Iceman (285), Jean Grey (276) My top 4* is Hulkbuster at 295 and I'd like to get these three up to the same level
    5*: Thanos (0//3/3). Doesn't much matter as I'm not pulling LT's or spending CP right now until I get out of ISO debt on the other new 4*'s that I haven't champed yet
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3*:
    all vaulted characters

4*:
    I set all at first, then reconsidered when I pulled 2 bonus IW right away and bonus Fantastic after that. Unfavourited the power couple in a hurry, and removed the non-vaulted set. Since then every BH I get is unfavourited so they all get their time in the sun.

I seem to pull a lot of BH...

5*:
    Picked 5trange first in hopes of finishing him before he left Latests. Got 2xBH and finished him with a normal pull then switched to Thano5 for the same reason. So far I've already picked up a bonus Thano5. If he gets finished somehow I'll move on to BP.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 star is Iron Fist. Trying to get him to 223 (currently 216) for that second kate cover. Then will bonus Blade til 223 for that red ghost rider cover. Basically, I'm going to 223 for all vaulted characters that I can use their covers.

4-star I just switched to Winter Soldier after using BH to build my.Moon Knight to 12 covers.

5-star is thanos after piling my 11th Phoenix.

My strategy is to use 3 stars to feed 4 stars and 4/5 til I finish a 5th color tier. Trying to maximize every BH cover on the rare occasion of winning them.