Who are your Bonus Heroes?

Options

Comments

• PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* = Since I need roster spots, I also temporarily add anyone who is one cover away from generating hero points. So far, that's levels 178 (Hulk, Vision) and 170 (Punisher). If/when I don't have anyone from that pool, I usually just put it on my A team (IM40, Cap, Kamala).

4* = At this point, I'm just getting started with my 4s, so anyone with one cover, just so they can be a little more useful. Also Iceman, just because I want him sooner rather than later.

5* = Was Silver Surfer, but I just got a 5* Jean cover, so I switched over to her for the moment.
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3 star.png : I'm changing this one when the character reaches lv. 183.
    4 star.png : icon_caroldanvers.png she's 0/3/5 so I'll probably change her (I don't wanna risk a BH worth 1k iso)
    5 star.png : icon_jeangrey.png not the best in her tier but she's the most covered 0/3/1.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* is Thanos and Dr Strange for the 4* covers. I have Nova fully covered and will champ him once Strange hits 183.

4* is Blade, as I have 3 pending black covers and still need 2 more in other colors to champ him. Going to switch to Medusa once the covers expire or I champ him.

I have a bunch of 5s favorited, including all 3 of the Latest, so I have a small chance of getting them from Classics. I don't really care if I get them or not, as I have zero interest in the 5* meta.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Beast. Yes, seriously. He's at 265 and my dupe is fully covered. He's also not in tokens (unlike most of my other ready-for-dupe 3*s) so that's the only way I'm getting that final cover sorted. Once it comes in, I'll switch it up.

4* - Carol. I have two green covers pending my 5/2/5 build so I'm trying to do what I can to pull a yellow cover before I'm forced into the 120 CP option.

5* - Black Bolt. 3/1/3 now and I desperately want to build him into working shape. However between my generally **** 5* pull rate and the fact that I've yet to see a 5* bonus, I'm not optimistic.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Cyclops - untill I hit 183 for 4* champion reward, then Vision for the same reason
    4* Cyclops
    5* OML
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Thanos and Dr Strange so they can Catch up with the rest of my threestar champions. Will add Hawkeye as soon as I can - he's champed already but without any extra champion levels. Thanos is only 20 levels behind Punisher, my lowest level old Three-star champion, so I may or may not unfavorite him eventually. We'll see.
    4* - Just Red Hulk. Have been considering Peggy Carter once she leaves tokens, but decided it's probably better to focus on one character at a time.
    5* - Spiderman and Thanos. Spiderman is 4/4/4, so any cover for him will let me max him. Thanos because I want to max my chances to get him Before he leaves Latest Legends. I am currently stockpiling legendary tokens, so it's rather irrelevant, but Thanos' exit is coming closer and I may have to dive into the hoard soon...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* - OML. Haven't pulled any 5* bonuses, but I don't really care about them yet.

4* - Was originally Peggy, then I got her champed. Then it was Cage, but I champed him yesterday. Now it's Carol, who is at 11 covers with one in the queue. I've been really lucky with bonus 4*s so far, but I'm not counting on that continuing. Once I get most of the glorious twelve champed, I'll probably switch to some of the poorly covered vaulted characters.

3* - BH have been a huge help in finishing off my 3s. I've managed to champ Punisher, Hood, Beast and Doc Oc, as well as bring Quicksilver and Sentry to the point where their next DDQs will finish them off. Currently, I have Scarlet Witch as my lone BH, as she's one cover away from giving me Quake, who is one of only 3 4*s I don't have rostered. The other two are Devil Dino (coming up in daily drops very soon) and Elektra, so Daredevil will be next up. After that, it'll likely be Hawkguy, to get him caught up.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Strange

4* - Iceman

5* - OML

Though the 4 and 5* was pointless setting as I've got none of those so far.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Alkyoneus wrote:
    5* - Bolt, I use him more than any other character and want champ levels for him.
    4* - Iceman, my highest 4 at 340 and I already use him over my 5s when boosted, having him at 370 would be a force.
    3* - Mystique, she feeds Iceman. I can't come up with a better reason to bonus a 3*, they are largely irrelevant on my roster at this point.

Completely agree with Iceman and Mystique. Iceman is insanely powerful boosted above 450, and Mystique feeds him. My Iceman is only 300, but I still use him even unboosted. Seems like a no brainer.
    My current 5* bonus is Phoenix; I only need 1 more cover of her to finish her. I had OML previously and pulled 2 bonus covers to complete him, so Jean is next.

Oh, ****, I missed this. I've had Iceman at 0/5/5 for over a year. I'll without a doubt be max champing Mystique now.

Thank you both!
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* - Spider-man (12 covers) + Doctor Octopus (11 covers), because I have 1 unusable cover for each in the queue. I had Thanos before, and gained 4 + 2 bonus covers since BC started, so I removed it. I also had Magneto tagged until yesterday.

4* - Luke Cage (7) + Iceman (6). Just trying to build up my most covered 4*s. Except Carnage...

5* - Black Widow (5). I don't buy the 20cp token, so this is the only way to get her now.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* : Strange & Thanos. I picked up a Thanos this morning. They're both champed now, but I'd like to get them up to 183 for the first 4* rewards. Then I'll swap in whomever's not at 183 yet, which I think is just Sentry & Spidey now. Or the new Hawkeye. I dunno.

4*: Rulk & HB. Neither's at 13 covers, so they need help. Hey, it worked for my Iceman. He went from 11 to 13 and then champ.

5*: Uh. Strange or Bolt? I forget. Strange I think. Hasn't paid out yet anyway.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll give mine but first I have a question for some out there - why am I seeing people saying "everyone vaulted" or "all my champs"? On one hand I can kind of understand wanting to get covers for all of those equally, but in the end I think it makes much more sense to just pick 1 or 2 characters that you either a) really want to finish (i.e. get to 13 covers) or b) really want to get champion covers for to make them stronger (or just for the champ rewards which is certainly valid as well). I just don't really understand the scattershot approach when this feature seems tailor made for targeted rewards.

As for me, my 3* bonus heroes are Strange and Thanos. I can see using them on occasion as I am mostly in 5* land, so I'd like to build them up as high as I can quickly. My 4* bonus hero is Carol. I started off with Carol and Medusa to cover them, but my Medusa had a bad distribution (like 1/5/5 iirc) so I removed her. I finally got the last 2 covers and am going to champion her shortly, so I may add her back so I can start getting more champion levels for them both. My 5* bonus hero is Black Suit Spidey. When BH rolled out I had him at like 3/3/2, but since my PHX was champed, OML was 5/4/3 (but I had a yellow coming in resupply in a month or two), and SS was 2/5/5, he was my next highest covered 5* without risk of trashing any covers. I've actually pulled 2 more BSS covers along with 2 bonus covers (as well as finishing off OML and SS), and RNG has been kind with color distribution so he's at 4/4/4 just waiting for any other cover. My willpower is weak, but I'm hoping to start hoarding for a big pull in 5-6 months. I'll probably keep spidey as BH until I get one and then switch it to one of the latest legends that I'm pulling for since all of my other classics are at 8 or fewer covers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 - I keep changing them all the time to whoever is closer to give me an LT.
    4 - I also cycle them a bit, but in this case just between Rhulk, Peggy, Cyclops and Iceman (which are my most covered top tier 4s)
    5 - Now I have BBolt, Thanos and Strange so I can get more champion levels to make them even stronger as the kings and rulers of 5 land. (I had IM46 in the past, and in fact I maxed him thanks to a bonus cover, but now I want just the big guns).
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Strange and Thanos, my only two below 200 (besides hawkguy) so I don't mind which of them I get covers from

4* - Currently Punmax - I have been moving it round whoever is due an LT with their next level, even if I have only had 2x 4* BH so far.

5* - OML - low covers on each colour so no chance of wasting any if I should get one.
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* - IM40 atm
    4* - Rhulk
    5* - Natasha

In my opinion there are three different scenarios for choosing BH.

1. I want to cover max someone I really want to champ.
    2. I want to get champ level fully max a character.
    3. I want to spread my covers for whatever reason.

I want to get as many rewards as possible. Since all my 3* are champed, I only choose one 3* and switch to the one with highest level once the current one is 266. That way I get the later better rewards in the champ level table as early as possible.

For 4*: I really want my Rhulk to be 370 one day and all my 4* are either champed or cover maxed (not you Danny) atm.

For 5*: My Natasha is at 12 covers. Its a no brainer imo.

As a sidenote: I got only 1 5* BH by now and I pulled many many many Legendary Tokens.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    5* - Old Man Logan.
    4* - Punisher MAX (he was two covers away from completion when he got vaulted, he's still currently at 5/2/4.)
    3* - Punisher (currently at level 204. Hoping to get him to 223 for the Punisher MAX cover he'll reward, but he's vaulted too.)

And the gods must be listening because I just got my PvP 10-pack reward, which included:

Riri_Icon.pngredflag.png
    4* icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png

And a 4* bonus hero!

icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png
    He is now 5/3/4. One more to go!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    granne wrote:
    Currently, I have Scarlet Witch as my lone BH, as she's one cover away from giving me Quake, who is one of only 3 4*s I don't have rostered. The other two are Devil Dino (coming up in daily drops very soon) and Elektra, so Daredevil will be next up.
    And less than 12 hours later I got that Quake cover from a standard token. I swapped over to Daredevil immediately, and was glad I had, because the very next pull was an Elite giving me Daredevil with a side of Daredevil.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3star - Cyclops and Vision. Was Thanos until I champed him. Now I'm trying to get 4clops covers. Then will switch to Hawkeye.
    4star - Peggy. She's 3/2/5, and I haven't pulled many bonus heroes at this level (just 1). But I have faith I can fully cover her without wasting too many covers. May switch to Cyclops
    5star - Strange. Opened my stash of legendaries when bonus heroes were announced, and he went from 0/1/0 to 3/2/4 between normal pulls and bonus pulls. Once he's finished will switch to Black Panther, my next most covered.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* OML (and I can't tell you how many roster shots I've seen of that result. OML doesn't matter at all, nope. Wish I would have recorded the percentage of matches I saw him in this week - it's gone UP not DOWN lately.)
    4* Carol (Was whoever was close to LT, none now close. Was Peggy, but Carol will be in tokens longer.)
    3* Various (whichever is closest to LT or 8+ CP....chasing those LT's)
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 288 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* Logan (1/0/2)
    4* Peggy (2/2/4) - Actually pulled 2-3 bonus Peggy's already...was Pun Max before that and got a bonus cover or two...
    3* IM40 (Lvl171 - to get IMHB blueflag.png (5/5/2)) then switch to Hawkeye (1/2/2)

Just FMI, why are people selecting multiple bonus heroes? I think it makes sense if you have a lot that are champed and are trying to level them evenly. But it looks like there are multiple people who have yet to champ and are selecting multiple bonus heroes.

Also, can you get multiple covers of bonus heroes that you've maxed? I have an IM (0/2/5), but don't want to bonus him out of fear of getting another purpleflag.png . I doubt there is an alg that would only give me blueflag.png or greenflag.png , knowing that I am maxed on purpleflag.png , but just thought I'd ask the forum