R123 Release Notes (3/27/17)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    this update was a huge let down. Nothing that is being changed or fixed really matters... but the big bugs still exist and the hated aspects are still here. cmon now

And we don't even know what new is broken items it brings with it icon_lol.gif
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Well i just suggested it as a release on another thread but with the clue i feel it fits even here but legion maybe since its currently running and that guy does have a split personality... or several?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    R123: All the gameplay bugs are still there, but hey at least the game doesn't lie to you about bonus covers anymore.

85c7cc66b7331d109d16d24e58f1363a.jpg
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    A double character? Or a 5-star and a 3-star of the same character?
    If it's the first, I would say Chipmunk Hunk and Koi Boi. There is finally a cover where they appear big and center.
    If it's the second, I would say Angel, one being Arcangel and the other being All-new young Angel. You guys tell me what's supposed to be stronger, the Celestial seed or the Black Vortex power up.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    - Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy): Kick out the Jams now activates multiple times if multiple Web tiles are matched away at the same time.

!!!Thank you!!! I'm really digging her redesign.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    “Two for the price of one!”

My first thought was Colleen Wing and Misty Knight as Daughters of the Dragon (the "price" could indicate the team is for hire.) Cloak & Dagger would be awesome.

This could also be referencing multiple personalities / mental disorder, i.e. Legion.

I'm trying to think of more duos that might have members who aren't single-character worthy (besides the obvious Rocket and Baby Groot)...
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two skates (a pair) for the price of one.
    Skates=disco.
    Dazzler confirmed. Finally!
  • mega ghost
    This could also be a case of possession/transformation, wether it be demonic (4* Hood? 4* Shadowland Daredevil?), symbiote, or artifact (Darkhawk?)

Or it could be Fantomex (Uncanny X-Force), with his external nervous system in E.V.A. and his mercenary / for profit nature.
    This would be my #1 pick, but it would be the first X-Men/X-Force character we've gotten in forever.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    "Two for the price of one!"

Which is normally two of the same item, a dupe if you will. Doop confirmed!
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    Speedball 3 star with a Penance 5 star
  • mega ghost
    Brigby wrote:
    Speedball 3 star with a Penance 5 star

I can't find it, but somewhere I have a screenshot of a panel in which Speedball realizes he's late for a meeting (with the New Warriors I think?) somewhere north of the city, so he throws himself in front of a moving northward train to get the kinetic energy necessary to get there as fast as possible. He explains all of this as he launches towards his meeting butt-first.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I hope it's a 2-in-1 character based on Hawkeye. We certainly can't get enough of that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Kick out the Jams now activates multiple times if multiple Web tiles are matched away at the same time.[/list]

Wait...I thought it already did that?
  • mega ghost
    Brigby wrote:
    Kick out the Jams now activates multiple times if multiple Web tiles are matched away at the same time.[/list]

Wait...I thought it already did that?

My understanding was that it was supposed to but wasn't due to a bug.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Logan came out recently, so I'm guessing the road trip duo of Old Logan and Kid X-23. This'll be a 4-star that can't be on a team with either Wolverine or X-23. Logan has a lower than average health pool for a 4 star, and is the only Wolverine with no healing factor.
    His black is Getting Serious. Logan pops his claws to let people know he means business, but without his healing working, it hurts a lot more these days. Creates 2 (5 at max) strike tiles and one enemy attack tile.
    His purple is Tempered by the Years. Logan keeps his cool better than he used to, but the pressure to lash out builds up. Passively convert a random basic blue tile to red when there are at least 12 blue (9 at max) tiles on the board. Active deals damage per red tile on the board.
    His yellow is The Old Gaurdian. A dual passive, it's first effect has Logan intercept any damage targeting an ally for more than 50% of Logan's max health (25% at max) and reducing that damage by 40% (75% at max). The second effect places a Vengeful Child 2-turn (1-turn at level 4) yellow countdown tile when Logan is knocked out. When the CD resolves, Laura leaps into action.
    Laura's health is based on 50% to 80% of Logan's, depending on the rank of The Old Guardian.
    Her red Feral Vengence. This deals damage to the enemy team, and additional damage to the target based on number of downed allies.
    Her blue is Grief Becomes Rage. This converts 2 (4 at max) basic blue tiles to friendly red strike tiles.
    Her yellow is The Blood of the Legend. This passive heals Laura when her team matches a friendly strike, protect, or attack tile. When her team matches an enemy strike, protect, or attack tile, Laura's excitement fuels her to keep fighting, allowing an additional turn.
    EDIT: Corrected The Old Guardian to an intercept.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 for the price of 1?

Pay once for 2 things?

2 songs out of the jukebox for 1 dollar?

Dazzler confirmed!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:
    “Two for the price of one!” = Better be a Rocket and Baby Groot for a GotGvol2 event

Seems early since that doesn't release until May, but then again Cloak & Dagger doesn't come out until 2018 so who knows. icon_lol.gif

Maybe they intend to go all-in on Gotg2 and that clue is to a 4* R&G as it will be the first of a few Gotg2-themed character releases?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    All I want is a double ISO event, I'm losing the will to play anymore.
    icon_cry.gif
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    We're getting two new characters! Rogue and Gambit! And to make up for us waiting this long, we'll get a free roster slot, so we only have to pay for 1!

But yeah, my money's on Rocket and Groot, with 4* Gamora and 5*Star Lord coming as the release date for the movie comes closer.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    "Two for the price of one!"

latest?cb=20090402045004

Wonder Twins confirmed!
    Oh, wait... not Marvel... and that might actually be three (2.5?) for the price of one with Gleep.

rsz_1msbl.png

Master Blaster confirmed!
    Darn it! Still not Marvel...