R123 Release Notes (3/27/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R123 update!

MPQ 123!

“Two for the price of one!”

What's Changed:
    - Claim Your Rewards screen now shows Bonus Heroes icon on the covers you earned from bonus pulls. - When opening a multi-pack (10x, 40X, etc) the first cover now displays correctly.
    - This also addresses the issue where the Bonus Heroes weren’t showing correctly.
- Leveling up a character with ISO-8 immediately after purchasing ISO-8 will now show the correct level of the character.
- Animations and Pop-up banners now display at the correct time for most characters.
- Black Bolt (Inhuman King): The Motivation tile created by The Silent King will correctly unlock powers for characters that have powers without any power levels.
- Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy): Kick out the Jams is no longer eligible for a Team-Up. Kick out the Jams now activates multiple times if multiple Web tiles are matched away at the same time.

*Updated to Final Release Notes!

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

MPQ 123!

Could this be Cloak and Dagger?
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Are we getting Cloak and Dagger?
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    matthatter wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

MPQ 123!

I'd bet you a nickel this is referring to Bonus Heroes...
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I'd read that as Cloak & Dagger. When is their series supposed to launch?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Either Cloak & Dagger or Rocket & Groot 2: Electric Grootaloo.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Cloak and Dagger sound right. If it was three for the price of one I might say the cuckoos, but that's a really low probability character.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    You might want to also mention the other fixes including Medusa and various animation and damage dealt are played out of order.

Does it fix Moon Knight's healing if he kills the last opponent with his black power?
    Any update on Shield Intercepts for iOS devices without VIP?

Thanks!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would think rocket and groot given the recent "survey" but it would be nice to get a new character(s).
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

I thought it was Rocket and Groot, too, after the last survey that just came out, but then I thought the characters would have had to have been in development for a while so the survey would have nothing to do with it and I'm just dumb.

I don't know anything about Cloak and Dagger, did someone say they have a show coming out? I mean, I could Google it, but it's so much effort...

I also really like this:

Animations and Pop-up banners now display at the correct time for most characters.

Guys, if we fix everything we'll have nothing to do for 124!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cloak and Dagger makes sense. As does a new R&G pairing (though I'd rather have a 2* Baby Groot by himself, personally).

So, brainstorming some ideas for who else it could be....

Misty Knight and Colleen Wing? Daughters of the Dragon wouldn't be a bad addition.

Kitty Pryde and Lockheed? Lockheed probably doesn't count as a whole entry by himself (so it'd be like 1.5 for the price of 1), and this will have people frothing at the mouth about how X-Men are banned or something.

A lot of possible pairings already exist as single characters (Mr/Mrs Fantastic, LukeCage/IF, Bucky/Cap). And I kinda doubt they'd do a 2-n-1 release with a new character and someone that exists alone (Cage/JJ, Kitty/Colossus, etc). Except those are all (mostly) couples and teammates, and not quite the "combo" of a Rocket & Groot, and exist on their own or with other teams as much as they do together.

So yeah, Cloak & Dagger. Unless they're saving C&D for when their show comes out, in which case I have no idea. Maybe Fitz/Simmons?!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume this will also correct the countdown tiles dealing 1 damage, right?
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    “Two for the price of one!” = Better be a Rocket and Baby Groot for a GotGvol2 event
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    I assume this will also correct the countdown tiles dealing 1 damage, right?

It's not one of the bugs that has been tagged as "fixed in R123" in the tech-support forum, so I wouldn't expect that.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Two for the price of one.
    That's like a value! A value....meal!

Ronald McDonald 5* confirmed
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017

I don't know anything about Cloak and Dagger, did someone say they have a show coming out? I mean, I could Google it, but it's so much effort...

They do have a show coming, but according to the internet, it started filming in February and won't premiere until 2018.

Edit: Apparently it was intended to launch in 2017 originally.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Two for the price of one.
    That's like a value! A value....meal!

Ronald McDonald 5* confirmed
    Would you like to biggie-size that order?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    So about that damage that comes from expiring countdown tiles...
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    My money is on Rocket and Groot.
    matthatter wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

MPQ 123!

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    “Two for the price of one!” = Better be a Rocket and Baby Groot for a GotGvol2 event

Seems early since that doesn't release until May, but then again Cloak & Dagger doesn't come out until 2018 so who knows. icon_lol.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    this update was a huge let down. Nothing that is being changed or fixed really matters... but the big bugs still exist and the hated aspects are still here. cmon now