1.10.2 Feedback

Options
123457»

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    whereas QB prizes have remained untouched.
    I wasnt aware that you can still get big boxes and fatpacks for top 10 in QB
    good to know!

Nope. They did cut the cards back. It is now super packs and premium packs.
    You do still get a guaranteed mythic for 1st place and guaranteed rare for top 10.
    And crystal and runes are still the same.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    buscemi wrote:
    whereas QB prizes have remained untouched.
    I wasnt aware that you can still get big boxes and fatpacks for top 10 in QB
    good to know!

You make a good point, and I stand corrected! Can we at least agree that the prizes for QB have not been eviscerated to nearly the same degree as they have been for Events?
    I agree! definitely too much crystals and mythic for first is just stupid!

I'll conveniently ignore the fact that sometimes you have to grind for good 12hours+ if faced against another grinder to get 1st, having only rare for first will fix this issue
  • bashbash
    bashbash Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My main problem with the update is that I used to be able to earn around 600 crystals on a good week through the events and a couple top 50 QB's. This bought me a big box (14 packs). Now for the same effort, I'm lucky to earn 300 crystals which only gets me 5 packs which equated to only the guaranteed rare which was of course a duplicate. This of course is only if a new PW isn't offered.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    James13 wrote:
    Interested to hear more about this when you're able to share.

But in the meantime, since this has been stated to us, perhaps one should disable the conversion button in-app in the next build?

When you state duplicate Masterpieces, are you referring to the masterpiece specifically, or the Elite pack draw? I ask, because I did sorta whale and make a pull, but got a duplicate mythic, not masterpiece. If I can be credited with a new attempt that would be wonderful, but I'm not sure this applies.

Thanks!
    Feel free to message me personally if you'd like to discuss this more, but based on purely my own speculation, I feel like disabling the conversion button would lead to more trouble than benefit.

Yes. We are referring to duplicate Masterpiece cards specifically.

We need to be told right away if the answer to dupes will be to use runes in a new and different way, or if the dupes will be converted another way. You've been working internally "for some time" on a way to fix the problem, so you must be able to tell us, at the very least, whether we should or should not be converting our duplicates into runes.

I for one have melted a staggeringly high number of dupe mythics and rares (I've melted more dupe mythics than I actually own, and I own less than 20). If I convert rares and mythics over the coming months, and then you guys tell us that our actual cards can be swapped for things, but runes are still useless, that will be a massive blow.

In fact, the answer REALLY needs to involve runes, because so many of us have been converting dupes for such a long time. If you thought the backlash to this update was bad...
  • Tigerpawz
    Tigerpawz Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I made a Forum account just to reply lol. Anywho I've been playing this game since the day it came out. I'm a MTG fanatic like many others etc and happened to get a new phone around the same time so yada yada.

Anyway most of what I've been thinking since the update has been said over and over again and I share many concerns that have been expressed so I won't go through everything. One detail I think that is the most important above all else is simply that which any MTG player shares.

I want all the cards. All of them. Every Single One. I want all the decks, all the tools etc...

I won't pretend to speak for everyone in saying that I don't particularly care how I obtain them but this game is based off a collectible card game. When I was trying to build my first MTG deck it took effort as a high school player to gather funds to get a few cards here and there, trade, and fine tune strategy. In the digital world this is obviously sped up to be near instantaneous with the perfect decks, the perfect strategies etc.

I noticed in an earlier post there were concerns of masterpiece rarity being a factor for power creep. Using rarity to control power creep is frustrating as this becomes a carrot that is dangled before the have and have nots. The only thing that can control power creep is solid card design (and potentially formats like real MTG once the cardpool is massive).

Speaking for myself as an adult with a normal job I have no qualms throwing 50 bucks a paycheck or so toward a fun hobby such as this. I have not done this yet simply because of the duplicate issue. It seems you have a plan to fix that and I am happy to hear it. I'm sure several players would not mind paying for currency if they were somewhat confident of filling out their collections rather than purely grinding.

Not that anyone cares but I've been trying to hunt for a bunch of the SOI mythics. Within the past few months I was lucky enough to hop into the Japan coalition (top 20 woo!) and had good success getting enough crystals to buy 14 packs every two weeks at least. After a few attempts I became frustrated and actually sent an email over the phone which I was politely told the pack system was working as intended. With SOI out again and the packs devalued, along with the increased rarity of crystals I'm not sure what to do with my 1300 crystals. The only reason I include this tidbit is because I'm confident you will respond to the community I just don't know how. Though I secretly hope 14 pack lots will be back.

Overall my point once more is that we all want to play all the cool cards. Game pieces are meant to be accessed at a reasonable cost of time, effort and money. You guys have created an amazing game which is incredibly complex for all the cards that have been programed in. Please don't take any of this post as whining as that is not my intention. I just hope to sway the future of the game in a small way. The foundation is strong and I'll be sticking around but going into hoard mode with all my resources. ;p
  • Sharknado
    Sharknado Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So what this says is...

"we've heard your concerns. let me restate all the reasons the we feel justifies our EXTREMELY hated update. We don't plan to do anything to fix the update or answer all the concerns the extremely engaged player base has. One day we'll do something about the dupes, you'll see, it'll be GREAT!"

That about sums it up?

Looks like I'm going to start the process of requesting a refund through the App Store.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    with regards to the matter of dupes, the fairest way is to force convert at the current rune rate, then use the runes to buy packs.

and why not? runes used to have some value. back when the game started, 250 runes buys one a 3-card pack.

stores with bundled card/pack sales now still attach some value to the runes. see those colored packs + 15k runes for 29.99usd packages.

similiarly, the runes in our vaults should have some card value too besides only leveling up pw.

having stated the logical and reasonable method above, let me state that I have no faith in D3 implementing sonething fair and instead will use some inane conversion method that will inflame all their players yet again. see v1.10.2 for proof.

I hope to be proven wrong.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll say it again: the only fair way for a new dupe system is to only allow to use the dupes received since the new system has been implemented. Anything else leads to backlash either way. Not that backlash stops them from anything. It more seems like their main motivation.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys, as much as resolving the dupes issue is important, they have successfully managed to derail our conversation and focus from the ton of horrible decisions on their part to a not implemented frature. They try to force us to move on. Let's not give them that break.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah rune conversion is pretty far down the list of needed improvements for me too.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    with regards to the matter of dupes, the fairest way is to force convert at the current rune rate, then use the runes to buy packs.

and why not? runes used to have some value. back when the game started, 250 runes buys one a 3-card pack.
    This is why not: rune gains from matches were totally rebalanced (and made far more abundant) at the same time as removing the ability to buy packs with runes. There's no link between players' current rune stockpiles and the old 3-pack for 250 runes, and there never has been.

I think force convert at current rune rate will be done to avoid a massive impact on fairness. Those who've saved some amount runes at the expense of levelling up more pws (myself included) will suffer some amount unfairness as a result, but that unfairness is likely to be tiny in comparison. D3 could have avoided the whole problem by force-converting to runes every time we opened a dupe; it's a pity they didn't.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Volrak wrote:
    blacklotus wrote:

This is why not: rune gains from matches were totally rebalanced (and made far more abundant) at the same time as removing the ability to buy packs with runes. There's no link between players' current rune stockpiles and the old 3-pack for 250 runes, and there never has been.

I think force convert at current rune rate will be done to avoid a massive impact on fairness. Those who've saved some amount runes at the expense of levelling up more pws (myself included) will suffer some amount unfairness as a result, but that unfairness is likely to be tiny in comparison. D3 could have avoided the whole problem by force-converting to runes every time we opened a dupe; it's a pity they didn't.

I am not advocating the current value of the runes will be the same as those in the beginning. i would think maybe a fair current rate is 2500 to 5000 runes for every 5-card pack.

it's called hyperinflation, as a result of massively printing runes for the past year...icon_e_smile.gif