12346»

Comments

• Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    Eglyntine said:
    Finally beat the 3.1 boss after too many failing attempts. Cycling/New Perspectives/Cast Out only works when you get the cards before the boss steamrolls you.
    Little tip for you.. if you don't have those cards in your hand, then cycle cards until you do.
    Thanks for the tip. I was doing that but the game kept giving me everything but the cards I needed. I finally got lucky on the fifth attempt. I did finally figure out a combo that works pretty well but I am still having issues with getting the right cards at the right time. I do admit the cycling, although boring, is the only way to go in the new events.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sad to see you go @Gunbunny.  I think you were mistaken in the release notes though, they said PvE will be open to all cards except the weekend event which will be standard.  Here was the quote from the original release post, although it has since been modified. "In PvE events (outside of the new Coalition Challenge that runs on the weekends), you can create decks using any cards in your collection."

Anyway, the event has been fun for me, but I think it will quickly get very old.  The problem is that you practically need to have a combo deck to win.  Either God + Reach & an enabler, Monitor + cycle cards (and unlimited play time), or Sandwurm convergence (flytrap).  You can hope to draw 3 copies of cast out before your die or keep a hixus alive... but those are pretty high risk strategies.  Forcing just a few archetypes (if you can even call it that) or combos (more like it) is really bad for the game.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *This thread is out-dated. Please start a new discussion thread, as the information in this thread may no longer be accurate. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.