Not. Another. Dime.

Options

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of people didn't get the memo... I've seen  lots of Hearts of Kirans and Heralds of Anguish. 
    We did try to raise an army of stormtroopers to break into people's homes and force them to join the movement at gunpoint, but we couldn't afford to pay them cos we'd spent all our cash on SOI.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A lot of people didn't get the memo... I've seen  lots of Hearts of Kirans and Heralds of Anguish. 
    Probably because both those cards are super good.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    plenty still buying which makes the not another dime all the weaker because they can not convince others to join the movement, not in it either but i am very judicious in my buying of any card 40 is to much for a card even a  garunteed non dupe and 50 us for a planeswalker,wow, then to find out they will be phased out when ever they want to top it off hmm not sure even casual spenders can handle that long
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    toastie said:
    Probably because both those cards are super good.
    That's the whole point though. You're not supposed to spend, no matter how good the cards are. Don't they know how a boycott is supposed to work?? ;)
  • morgue427
    Options
    some do, some dont but most i think believe that them having a "cheat day" wont matter because they get the money and that is all that matters it seems lately. not sure how the changes with the new cards will affect it or the coalition challenges but willing to try till then. i have to much time invested to just give up but they are wearing me down too, i bought both of the other cards also but kirin was because i needed a good vehicle for rai since i havent been blessed with the boomship. hearld was a mistake i misunderstood how ob worked and thought it would fit perfectly in him, it didnt but is nice to have in there cant cast cards they dont have so my ob is mostly dicard with him picking off one a turn with lots of kill not fast but nasty as sin against the ai
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUWXYZ
    Here you are. Some capital letters. Free of charge. Please use them.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    hahaha too funny
    Here is some punctuation I would also like to donate.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgue427 said:
     i bought both of the other cards also but kirin was because i needed a good vehicle for rai

Things Saheeli doesn't need to be awesome:

1. Vehicles
  • morgue427
    Options
    no but it give me more options because you can count on getting baral and well her last ability should be able to do something
  • morgue427
    Options
    cant count on getting him

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    £2000+ in my time playing this app. Which is why I deleted it at Christmas. I'm really an idiot for re-downloading it again. It's not even fun anymore, I lose about 50% of my matches and earn nothing but duplicates which I can only convert into a redundant currency.

Why do I even play this game anymore? Sunk cost fallacy.
  • Chubbys
    Chubbys Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They haven't gotten a dime from me, and I was good for $100 a month. I'm playing much less too, if at all. Only here to see if the new set was imminent. 

Doubt it's having an impact though. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gun Bunny said:
    It's official.

I quit.

D3's continued abysmal lack of communication, outright miscommunication (if Trial of Zeal was supposed to be standard format, don't say IN YOUR OWN RELEASE NOTES, that PvE will be open to all cards), multiple, massive devaluations of in game currency, pathetic drop rates, laughable compensation for duplicate cards, and obvious utter lack of playtesting has led me to draw only one conclusion.

They don't give one wet fart about anyone but the whales willing to spend a hundred a month or more.

The ridiculous enemy encounters in ToZ are impossible to control without the perfect combination of cards, including mythics and masterpieces from only the standard sets. I would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to have the faintest chance of beating Samut, let alone 3.3. even then, I'd likely end up with a few rares, probably duplicated, maybe one mythic.

For all the reasons stated above, as well as in my original post, I'm gone. Uninstalling and moving on from what has become an impossible chore instead of fun.

Anyone who encounters one of my decks in PVP should submit a ticket, since I'm no longer around.

Don't blame you one bit.

I think making our existing libraries useless in PVE challenges was a mistake since it makes our libraries worthless.  Their claim was for "balance" reasons, yet the PVE encounters are still grossly imbalanced in the AI's favour.  You can't have one without the other.

While I'm in no mood to "quit", I don't really see any reason to even begin acquiring cards from the new set.  Now that we know they have an expiry date, and are only useful for the current weekend events, they have become yet another one of those things that you no longer need by the time you acquire them.

In addition, I'm not a fan of cycling, ie. spinning around in circles.  Yet it seems that is the "solution" for this new block.  Casting out three of the AI's creatures then plinking away at his 400 health for the next 15 minutes is not a challenge, it's torture.

• Zustel1
    Zustel1 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gun Bunny said:
    The ridiculous enemy encounters in ToZ are impossible to control without the perfect combination of cards, including mythics and masterpieces from only the standard sets. I would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to have the faintest chance of beating Samut, let alone 3.3. even then, I'd likely end up with a few rares, probably duplicated, maybe one mythic.
    If you think so. I haven't spent any money in the past months on this game and I've beat the bosses. Sure, it took some testing, some discussion which strategy was best in our coalition, but in the end I've beat them. Despite of several bugs in the AI's favor.
    And let me add: I'm counting my drops and they have always been under average (from octals calculation sheet).

Sure there are massive problems with this game. And I won't spend any more money until they fixed these issues. But I'm still having fun.
  • Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Finally beat the 3.1 boss after too many failing attempts. Cycling/New Perspectives/Cast Out only works when you get the cards before the boss steamrolls you. Took me almost an hour to whittle him down. I had some extra QB gold left over and bought two AHK booster packs. I got 1 new common and the rest were dupes. I stopped spending real money months ago and with this last update/rules change I am really close to quitting completely. QB was really the only reason I stuck around. TG is a tinykitty joke.

Now the newbies are calling for Origins to be removed from the list as well. That would definitely be the final straw.
  • morgue427
    Options
    most of the deck i use now have been switched over to ahk and honestly not many of the cards are origins they are mostly all last 3 blocks.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Zustel1 said:
    Gun Bunny said:
    If you think so. I haven't spent any money in the past months on this game and I've beat the bosses. Sure, it took some testing, some discussion which strategy was best in our coalition, but in the end I've beat them. Despite of several bugs in the AI's favor.
    And let me add: I'm counting my drops and they have always been under average (from octals calculation sheet).

Sure there are massive problems with this game. And I won't spend any more money until they fixed these issues. But I'm still having fun.
    I'm not, and haven't for weeks.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed.  I have spent on game. Not sure I want to tell my wife how much.  But I see no point in continuing with spend following this latest upgrade.  Game is ruined. Looks lovely but plays like pants.  Why have they destroyed a game which has so much promise.  My team mates are leaving and I feel sad.  But NOT ANOTHER POUND 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eglyntine said:
    Finally beat the 3.1 boss after too many failing attempts. Cycling/New Perspectives/Cast Out only works when you get the cards before the boss steamrolls you.
    Little tip for you.. if you don't have those cards in your hand, then cycle cards until you do.
This discussion has been closed.