Not. Another. Dime.

Options

Comments

• Schlemoc
    Schlemoc Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have spent close to 3 grand in the 8 months i have played... way more than i should have.

NOT ANOTHER DIME, DENIRO,or CENT.

I have homeless outside my office building who will see funds before this game at this point
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Schlemoc wrote:
    I have spent close to 3 grand in the 8 months i have played... way more than i should have.

Gonna need you to add "Not.Another.Dime." =)
  • Schlemoc
    Schlemoc Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bumping for those of you unfortunate souls who opted to spend your hard earned cash this week on pointless card packs instead of buying groceries and beer.... or donating to homeless bums.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tezzeret the Schemer, then.

Good luck, guys. Our thoughts are with you.

Not. Another. Dime.
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like a lot of people are going to break this promise now that Tezz has been released!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    killwind wrote:
    Looks like a lot of people are going to break this promise now that Tezz has been released!

Actions speak volumes.
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I will not be buying Tezz!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    killwind wrote:
    I will not be buying Tezz!

Fair enough.

But even if you were to buy Tezz, it's completely understandable. He is a new PW in a game that would otherwise grow stagnant.

D3H is aware of the "overwhelming" negative feedback. They are not gathered in the boardroom laughing at the community. So why not enjoy the game?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting that he was released on a Tuesday. It's like they couldn't wait to prove us wrong -- I'm just sitting here thinking he will be out in 3 weeks for crystals-- like I always do when there is a PW for cash.

Not. Another. Dime.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But since you know that a Planeswalker will be in the vault for crystals, it's really easy to pass on that. Even more for me because I find it horribly overpriced.

A mythic in the other hand is something that you might never have if you don't buy it due to randomness.
  • psuscott16
    psuscott16 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I cant quote for some reason, but this in reference to Angel's post above mine.

The fact you can get the PW for crystals and not specific cards is probably the biggest problem for me. I have said it before in other threads, there needs to be a system to get specific cards you need. It doesn't need to be broken to the point where everyone has all the cards in the game, but if you need a certain card to complete a deck you should be able to buy it. Being able to buy a uncommon every 2-3 weeks, a rare every 4-5 weeks and a mythic every 7-8 weeks would not break the game and would allow people to save up to get the card they want.

I would bet the people above that have spent thousands of dollars on the game are probably still missing a decent amount of cards, which is insane to me. Maybe I'm naïve though and they have all the cards they want.
  • DSidey
    DSidey Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My feeling is that we need to go beyond "Not another dime."

I also have spent a lot of money here, but I've spent even more time here. That's a commodity they don't deserve anymore. I'm on the verge of not playing until they change things.

I'm not being doom and gloom about this. I'm boycotting. When things change I'll be back. Not until then.

They don't get my $ or my time.
  • Sharknado
    Sharknado Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DSidey wrote:

I also have spent a lot of money here, but I've spent even more time here. That's a commodity they don't deserve anymore. I'm on the verge of not playing until they change things.

I'm not being doom and gloom about this. I'm boycotting. When things change I'll be back. Not until then.

You want to go beyond?

Go give the app a one star review in the App Store and write a short review about why you're rating it so low. They don't care if you don't play for free. They only listen to money, and reviews that affect people spending or even trying your app hurts their bottom line.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sharknado wrote:
    You want to go beyond?

Go give the app a one star review in the App Store and write a short review about why you're rating it so low. They don't care if you don't play for free. They only listen to money, and reviews that affect people spending or even trying your app hurts their bottom line.

I have heard people advocate for giving the app a low rating and have done so myself because of this update but so far, at least in the Google play store, I haven't seen a noticeable difference in their overall rating. I know others have given negative reviews and have read the comments to go along with those reviews. I'm only looking short term and maybe over the long haul it will make a difference unfortunately I don't know that there will be a long term.

With the introduction of Tezz 2 the solidarity of the community and the "Not. Another. Dime." movement seems to be slipping away.

It's frustrating and disheartening but for me, until things change, I'm sticking to my guns.

Not. One. Dime.
    Not. Another. Dime.
  • DSidey
    DSidey Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sharknado wrote:
    DSidey wrote:

You want to go beyond?

I did that. I think it will have an effect on the overall rating. I feel like we have to be willing to wait it out for the Long term. I've decided to lurk. That's all.
  • Zero416
    Zero416 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you look at a lot of the 5 star reviews in the last week or so, there isn't any comment.. I would imagine if you took the time to review a game you gave perfect to, there would be at least one comment right?

Not.Another.Dime
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This may be a little flippant.. but.. it's honestly kind of fascinating watching people put so much importance on a practice that many of us (the f2p players) have been following since day 1. Who knew we had been making such a bold statement the whole time?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Volrak wrote:
    This may be a little flippant.. but.. it's honestly kind of fascinating watching people put so much importance on a practice that many of us (the f2p players) have been following since day 1. Who knew we had been making such a bold statement the whole time?

With all due respect, it's not really a statement if it's something you haven't been doing, or don't plan on ever doing.

It's more of a statement when the people who fund the game voice their displeasure by ceasing their funding of the game until improvement is made.
  • TibbyGenn
    TibbyGenn Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Apothecary wrote:
    I haven't spent more than a few hundred dollars on this game, and though I disagree with the currency devaluation through the removal of fat packs and big boxes, along with decreased earning potential in events, I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

I hope that the developers will increase the amount of mana crystals earned through the daily rewards, and possibly remove duplicates from card packs if they don't restore the old packs system. The devluation of currency is definitely a big issue.

I am so tired of all these whiny top 10 coalitioners who feel like they're owed refunds and entitlements because they can't get their guaranteed gamebreaking mythics for free anymore.

Kudos to you guys! Thank you for continuing to release new content and dealing with the vocal minority with patience

Apothecary

I hope they do the same, improving the game would INCREASE spending. But they have shown thus far that they treat the whole player base with contempt. It's us who have had to have patience with them. Their support, communication and direction they are heading is a really bad joke and would take several upticks to repair.
  • theruiner
    theruiner Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My husband and I have spent thousands of dollars on this game too. Yes, thousands. We aren't loaded either, we live paycheck to paycheck. I'm planning on going through my receipts via Google Play soon... I'm nervous to see the grand total. I might just compile everything and try to get a refund for all of the money I've spent!! Muahahaha! icon_twisted.gif
This discussion has been closed.