R122 Release Notes (3/13/17)

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    CNash wrote:
    Allow me a little cross-post from the dedicated thread further down:

"On the other hand, it doesn't just apply to the enemy team. The current PVE essentials are a great demonstrator - take Star-Lord, Rocket & Groot and Hawkguy, generate some blue with No Good News, lay down some blue strike tiles with I Got a Plan and then watch as Everyone With Me tears the enemy team to shreds!"

Fun, yes. But not as fun as getting wiped by a Threaten tile going off when there is already 2 833 enemystrike.png s out there.

Oh dang, now there's 4! 1600 (+1) is now 3200 (+1)!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yes, it's rather unfortunate that while the three Essentials do show off this bug fairly well, the event itself is "Meet Rocket & Groot", and we have to fight this game's undisputed kings of strike tile generation, the Muscle goons. Without them, this might not be so bad.

The amount of new 4* characters who focus heavily on countdown tiles is only going to exacerbate things, too.
  • teef1
    teef1 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    CNash wrote:
    Allow me a little cross-post from the dedicated thread further down:

"On the other hand, it doesn't just apply to the enemy team. The current PVE essentials are a great demonstrator - take Star-Lord, Rocket & Groot and Hawkguy, generate some blue with No Good News, lay down some blue strike tiles with I Got a Plan and then watch as Everyone With Me tears the enemy team to shreds!"

I subbed Kate Bishop for Hawkguy. Fired "I Got A Plan" and "Because... Boomerangs" and each "Everyone With Me" countdown was doing 2651 damage.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    -Join Forces mission will now choose a provided character if the player’s character is a lower level.

I was silently complaining to myself about this with the 3* hawkeye missions. Thanks for listening to my thoughts. Wait a sec...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Just wanted to stop by to let you know that countdown tiles triggering that extra damage is a bug, which already has an open report in the database.

If you'd like to discuss this more, please use this thread to do so: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61206&p=652149#p652149

Thank you!
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. Just wanted to stop by to let you know that countdown tiles triggering that extra damage is a bug, which already has an open report in the database.

If you'd like to discuss this more, please use this thread to do so: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61206&p=652149#p652149

Thank you!

@Brigby, you da bomb.

*edit* added the "@" which serves no purpose yet I still find amusing to do.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    matthatter wrote:
    sticker,375x360.u9.png

Just kidding...or AM I? Or I really just wanted to use that image in a post
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Waves piling on -> Living weapons

Aw, was gonna post that!

Honorable Mentions:

"Olive wingspan" - green wings, Vulture!
    "A wolves pining" - Fenris, Loki's wolf son!

...also "A pelvis owning" - but we already have 2 versions of Deadpool's bulge.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.
    (Kind of like how in MTG an ability that affects all creatures will still affect creatures with hexproof/shroud)

Should have added indestructible to the MTG example. SS cannot be stunned is like indestructible. You can now try and stun him if he is not the target, but because he can't be stunned, it will have no effect.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tell you what, 3* Blade's never been more amazing than right now.
    If you get that black move done on a board with lots of reds, the damage begins to pile up.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R122 update!

MPQ 122!

"Waves Piling On"

What's Changed:
    -Fixes to Bonus Heroes
      -Bonus Heroes message now displays correctly if a player gained XP solely from recruiting new characters. -When first gaining access to Bonus Heroes, the favorite status will be properly applied to each starting Bonus Hero
    -VIP Streaks now properly award when renewing VIP Status
    -Game no longer incorrectly tries to support landscape mode
    -Fixed a Facebook loading screen issue
    -Heroes that can't be stunned are now able to be targeted by powers that stun a random enemy
    -Improved passive and countdown tile effect timing

*New Update*
    -Added a small animation when increasing the level of a character
    -Fix to special tile tutorials to prevent players from getting stuck.
    -Join Forces mission will now choose a provided character if the player’s character is a lower level.
    -Black Widow (Modern)'s power Widow's Sting will no longer incorrectly stun all enemies at power levels lower than 5
    -Characters that prevent damage will no longer take the increased damage from Strike tiles.

*Updated to Final Release Notes

Brigby, I think you should also add a "what broke" section to these! Something like:

What broke
    :
    -CD tiles now deal 1 damage when they reach 0.
    -BH displays the wrong hero when first awarded.
    -pending....

That way we can just visit the opening post to see EVERYTHING that is new with each patch instead of running around the bugs forum.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa wrote:

Brigby, I think you should also add a "what broke" section to these! Something like:

What broke
    :
    -CD tiles now deal 1 damage when they reach 0.
    -BH displays the wrong hero when first awarded.
    -pending....

That way we can just visit the opening post to see EVERYTHING that is new with each patch instead of running around the bugs forum.

I have to agree. Every single update breaks something at this point (really speaks to lack of polish and/or major issues with the dev/test cycle...) so there should be an assumed placeholder so people can at least no what broke easier. Or you guys could get your **** together and stop breaking something every patch.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    This one is odd but the arrows at the top of the token opening screens are now very small and hard to click on. Normally I mindlessly click on the top to scroll through screens now I have to carefully put my arrow to make sure I click on the arrow exactly or it won't swap screens.

This might be only on steam though
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    nigelregal wrote:
    This one is odd but the arrows at the top of the token opening screens are now very small and hard to click on. Normally I mindlessly click on the top to scroll through screens now I have to carefully put my arrow to make sure I click on the arrow exactly or it won't swap screens.

Nope android too.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:
    nigelregal wrote:

Nope android too.

And iOS. Really silly change that isn't terrible, but causes minor annoyances.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    nigelregal wrote:

The click area is the same size, I believe. They just made the graphic smaller.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Will also post in the bugs forum, but Phoenix's passive "Psychic Rapport" isn't displaying an animation anymore. The power still buffs/debuffs the tiles correctly, but no animation.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tell you what, 3* Blade's never been more amazing than right now.
    If you get that black move done on a board with lots of reds, the damage begins to pile up.

I've been using this all day. I like this bug icon_e_smile.gif
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    matthatter wrote:
    sticker,375x360.u9.png

Just kidding...or AM I? Or I really just wanted to use that image in a post

I prefer this one:
    63329629.jpg

Ill-intent Ostrich has ill-intent.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killians8 wrote:
    I prefer this one:
    63329629.jpg

Ill-intent Ostrich has ill-intent.

In the interests of being technically correct, that's an Emu.