R122 Release Notes (3/13/17)

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.
    (Kind of like how in MTG an ability that affects all creatures will still affect creatures with hexproof/shroud)
    Brigby, could you please verify this with Demiurge? I strongly suspect that second instance of "stunned" should say "targeted".

This would fix a bug that Silver Surfer had on release, got fixed once already, and then broke again several months ago.
    Allowing Silver Surfer to be stunned, on the other hand, would be a pretty big nerf, and would require rewording his passive ability text, besides making no ding-dang sense.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    2) Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.
    (Kind of like how in MTG an ability that affects all creatures will still affect creatures with hexproof/shroud)

Wow, what a stupid change, a stun immunity should apply regardless of whether a character was targeted on purpose or randomly because it is an immunity to stun not an immunity to the intent to stun.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Sorry about that. There was a bit of a confusion on the wording. I've gone and updated the original post to reflect the true meaning of the change.

Essentially, abilities that stun a random enemy can still target those with stun-immunity, but nothing happens to them
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    2) Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.

Wow, what a stupid change, a stun immunity should apply regardless of whether a character was targeted on purpose or randomly because it is an immunity to stun not an immunity to the intent to stun.

I don't know, Luke Cage is immune to bullets unless it's an innocent bystander / crossfire situation. And Wolverine's healing powers don't work if the injury was accidental. And Hulk doesn't transform if you didn't mean to make him angry.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I don't know, Luke Cage is immune to bullets unless it's an innocent bystander / crossfire situation. And Wolverine's healing powers don't work if the injury was accidental. And Hulk doesn't transform if you didn't mean to make him angry.

And we all remember how Punisher's family didn't get killed because the bullets that hit them weren't specifically intended for them, and how to this day Frank Castle is still working as the bouncer at a nightclub in Queens.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    -Heroes that can't be stunned are now able to be targeted by powers that stun a random enemy

Much better description.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

And we all remember how Punisher's family didn't get killed because the bullets that hit them weren't specifically intended for them, and how to this day Frank Castle is still working as the bouncer at a nightclub in Queens.

Also, from now on when Thanos' "Court Death" is activated all that happens is Death arrives and politely tells the remaining enemies that "It is not your time yet, I'm only here for the intended. G'day sirs. Madams."
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. Sorry about that. There was a bit of a confusion on the wording. I've gone and updated the original post to reflect the true meaning of the change.

Essentially, abilities that stun a random enemy can still target those with stun-immunity, but nothing happens to them
    This is great news. It's annoyed me that for most of the time of his availability, having Silver Surfer in the group has actually made his allies more likely to get stunned. Hopefully the fix remains in place this time.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I'm starting to understand why there's so many bugs in this game. icon_e_wink.gif
  • mega ghost
    Twysta wrote:
    I think I'm starting to understand why there's so many bugs in this game. icon_e_wink.gif

Only every fourth character with passive purple abilities now has a 50% chance of firing those abilities when stunned by a randomly-targeted stun. THIS IS FOR THE META.

Read: Arcade is confirmed for Brawl.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It could be some sort of Iron Fist reference with Waves of ninjas trying to pile on him. I Think the window for releasing a 4* Iron Fist has been missed now though, so it could really be anyone.
    It could also be a hint about Annihilation Wave, but that would likely be a new boss battle and also unlikely. Or heck, it might be a hint that they are rerunning Boss Rush soon...
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:
    Also, from now on when Thanos' "Court Death" is activated all that happens is Death arrives and politely tells the remaining enemies that "It is not your time yet, I'm only here for the intended. G'day sirs. Madams."
    http://m.imgur.com/vySOQf3?r
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    It could be some sort of Iron Fist reference with Waves of ninjas trying to pile on him. I Think the window for releasing a 4* Iron Fist has been missed now though, so it could really be anyone.
    It could also be a hint about Annihilation Wave, but that would likely be a new boss battle and also unlikely. Or heck, it might be a hint that they are rerunning Boss Rush soon...

The window has been missed? The show isn't out yet, I'd argue we haven't even gotten to the window yet. Odds are extremely high a 4* Iron Fist release would run alongside the show coming out, Thursday PVE start for the release, Friday the show comes out, Monday he's essential, the next 4* release would literally wrap around the show coming out, and would be perfect for a release window of Iron Fist.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

The window has been missed? The show isn't out yet, I'd argue we haven't even gotten to the window yet. Odds are extremely high a 4* Iron Fist release would run alongside the show coming out, Thursday PVE start for the release, Friday the show comes out, Monday he's essential, the next 4* release would literally wrap around the show coming out, and would be perfect for a release window of Iron Fist.

Just a shame that the first reviews are showing up for the show and it seems like the weakest one from Netflix so far. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Because that window will be occupied by Hawkeye's release cycle. His release PvP should start on Friday the 17th, and the next character release PvE shouldn't start until March 23rd, a whole week after the show premieres.
    If they had just done a fivestar Hawkeye like they did with Black Panther I could see a release PvE starting next week, but since we are getting a Three-star version too that means a full two-week release cycle.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Quebbster wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Because that window will be occupied by Hawkeye's release cycle. His release PvP should start on Friday the 17th, and the next character release PvE shouldn't start until March 23rd, a whole week after the show premieres.
    If they had just done a fivestar Hawkeye like they did with Black Panther I could see a release PvE starting next week, but since we are getting a Three-star version too that means a full two-week release cycle.

I think you might be wrong assuming there is going to be a 15days window for Hawkeye, I don't think they will respect the 15 day window for a 3 (we will still have a PvP for him, but like any other one). My understanding is Ultron for this weekend where Hawkeye is released, and next Thursday the event for next 4 who most probably will be Iron Fist.

But who knows...
  • Quebbster
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I think you are wrong assuming there is going to be a 15days window for Hawkeye, I don't think they will respect the 15 day window for a 3. My understanding is Ultron for this weekend where Hawkeye is released, and next Thursday the event for next 4 who most probably will be Iron Fist.
    Both Strange and Thanos had two week release cycles, but I suppose they could do it differently this time. We'll see.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:

Can that be said in Christopher Lee's voice please?
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    -VIP Streaks now properly award when renewing VIP Status

Will this be applied to all of us that didn't get the last time around?
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I'm getting prompted to update the app but no update is available.

On iOS.