R122 Release Notes (3/13/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R122 update!

MPQ 122!

"Waves Piling On"

What's Changed:
-Fixes to Bonus Heroes
    -Bonus Heroes message now displays correctly if a player gained XP solely from recruiting new characters. -When first gaining access to Bonus Heroes, the favorite status will be properly applied to each starting Bonus Hero
-VIP Streaks now properly award when renewing VIP Status
-Game no longer incorrectly tries to support landscape mode
-Fixed a Facebook loading screen issue
-Heroes that can't be stunned are now able to be targeted by powers that stun a random enemy
-Improved passive and countdown tile effect timing

*New Update*
-Added a small animation when increasing the level of a character
-Fix to special tile tutorials to prevent players from getting stuck.
-Join Forces mission will now choose a provided character if the player’s character is a lower level.
-Black Widow (Modern)'s power Widow's Sting will no longer incorrectly stun all enemies at power levels lower than 5
-Characters that prevent damage will no longer take the increased damage from Strike tiles.

*Updated to Final Release Notes

Comments

• whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Looks for a vaulting fix, sees nothing, goes back to wondering why I should still play the game...
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Waves piling on.....waves piling on...we are always piling on Craig about Dazzler and how she isn't going to make it into the game. ...piling on. In waves every Thursday.....

Not Dazzler! Confirmed.!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    "Waves piling on"
    Waves of water? Hydroman?
    Waves in the ocean? Namor?
    Waves. You surf on waves. What do you also surf on? Crowds. Crowd surfing at a bangin' concert! Dazzler inbound!
    Also, poor Silver Surfer. The one thing really unique about him, and it's just randomly thrown a nerf.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Landscape mode?!?!?!? Are you saying that it now correctly tries to support landscape, or that it no longer tries at all. Pretty please the former, my tablet has been crying out for that since forever. But almost certainly the latter.

And can someone please parse the stun one for me, my brain hurts.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did Surfer just get nerfed?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Strange hint. I was expecting an Iron Fist release with the show coming out next week, but now it is another 2 weeks with Hawkeye release, and this hint doesn't sound like Iron Fist. Waves piling on sounds like a surfing reference, but Silver Surfer is already here. Water based character? No clue who this could be.
  • phaseetious4me
    phaseetious4me Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    pheregas wrote:
    Did Surfer just get nerfed?

My guess is that it was weirdly phrased and it is a slight buff to Surfer. Currently, if Scarlet Witch fires her power, it will never try to stun Surfer. With the change, if Scarlet Witch fires her power, it may try to stun Surfer and fail since he is immune.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    "Waves piling on"?

That means stacks of water. Like the Mariana Trench.

Trench as in trench coat.

5* Hitman confirmed!

In all seriousness, I'm hoping they finally release Gorgon as a playable character
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    My guess is that it was weirdly phrased and it is a slight buff to Surfer. Currently, if Scarlet Witch fires her power, it will never try to stun Surfer. With the change, if Scarlet Witch fires her power, it may try to stun Surfer and fail since he is immune.
    That would be the case if it said "chance to be targeted by powers that stun a random enemy". To me, it seems to say instead that the random stun will now override any stun immunity.
    Brigby wrote:
    -Heroes that can't be stunned now have a chance to be stunned by powers that stun a random enemy
    I'm interested in whether this also affects bosses like Ultron. If so, that is a huge buff to Scarlet Witch.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Landscape mode?!?!?!? Are you saying that it now correctly tries to support landscape, or that it no longer tries at all. Pretty please the former, my tablet has been crying out for that since forever. But almost certainly the latter.

1) Landscape mode is not a mode that the game supports. The fix was to prevent the game from trying to switch to landscape mode.

2) Correction: Heroes that can't be stunned are now able to be targeted by powers that stun a random enemy, but those with stun-immunity will simply ignore the stun effect.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Yup, that's a Switch buff. Helps Gamora and Spider-Gwen as well.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

1) Landscape mode is not a mode that the game supports. The fix was to prevent the game from trying to switch to landscape mode.

2) Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.
    (Kind of like how in MTG an ability that affects all creatures will still affect creatures with hexproof/shroud)

Thank you for this. So, in Avengers vs Ultron, unstunnable Ultron can be stunned?

:edit: Not this run, it's before the release, but next run.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    It's clearly a person who will wave at a pylon as he scores a touchdown.

superpro09-120655.jpg

Finally, NFL Superpro's time has come.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I hope to hear something about the 4Cyke/SW/QS nerf from TU tiles change two weeks ago. I guess it is a history now.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this mean unstunnable bosses can now be stunned?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    *sigh

I'll reserve the rest of my comments, only because the buffs to Gwendolyn and Jan are well done and the Ultron fix is amazing.........
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    -Improved passive and countdown tile effect timing

This ^^. Passives are way out of control. They need to be sped up. I'm tired of waiting 10 - 15 seconds every turn for multiple passives to complete. Really hope this fixes that.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Waves piling on"?

That means stacks of water. Like the Mariana Trench.

Trench as in trench coat.

5* Hitman confirmed!

In all seriousness, I'm hoping they finally release Gorgon as a playable character

At first I thought Namor, but "Waves piling on" Could be waves of enemies as well.

Could also be waves of hair... Rogue confirmed!
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    "Waves piling on" is almost certainly a clue for Iron Fist, right?

I mean, other than being the latest worst kept secret and the Netflix series about to land, I'm feel like I've read a reference to "waves [of Chi energy] piling on" in at least one of the IF books.

Edit: The Iron Fist Netflix episodes have titles like "Snow Gives Way" and "Lead Horse Back to Stable", meant to evoke various kung fu mantras. "Waves Piling On" absolutely fits that same motif.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.
    (Kind of like how in MTG an ability that affects all creatures will still affect creatures with hexproof/shroud)
    Brigby, could you please verify this with Demiurge? I strongly suspect that second instance of "stunned" should say "targeted".

This would fix a bug that Silver Surfer had on release, got fixed once already, and then broke again several months ago.