Avengers vs Ultron - Event Details (3/8/17)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teskal wrote:
    So when will it start?

Every boss event since I started a year ago has started at noon EST on Thursday. So I'd guess noon EST today.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Will boss fight open after finishing a round this time? In last run of galactus it opened, in last CW one side opened boss and the other side didn't.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was sure it'd start in ~4 hours as well but I assumed the rewards preview would be showing by now.
  • spotcoder336
    Options
    ISO rewards of 140 and 250, your generosity knows no bounds.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that the preview is up, it turns out that the reinforcements/boosted characters for the event are separate from the weekly boosted. Which is consistent with past runs, but I think that information would have been helpful earlier. Just in case some people were deciding which characters to level etc.

It appears that basically, Avengers are boosted here. Which is nice and consistent with the story.

TLDR: in future boss events, the list of boosted characters for that event would be very helpful (the earlier the better).
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The starlord covers are hilariously appropriate for my 4/4/2 one.

With vaulting, this is my one shot because he's not a focus.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, nasty selection of 4* boosted characters.
    XPool - red nuke.
    Sam Wilson - red nuke.
    Hulkbuster - red nuke.
    Carol Danvers - actually pretty good, but mine's under covered.

No AoE, no real diversity in colours if you don't have Danvers.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ugh, nasty selection of 4* boosted characters.
    XPool - red nuke.
    Sam Wilson - red nuke.
    Hulkbuster - red nuke.
    Carol Danvers - actually pretty good, but mine's under covered.

No AoE, no real diversity in colours if you don't have Danvers.

I’m not sure how much good Carol is going to be in the actual boss fight, especially with the descending board likely eating whatever countdowns you’ve got out for her. Possible same issue those Green Sentries, any board shake is not her friend.

On the other hand, Xpool’s Countdown to What IS triggered by that same bottom row destruction. Just be sure to check what Ultron’s strongest color is and fire when there’s a lot of them in bottom half of the board. Put him at 3/5/5 and let Hulkbuster hog the red and black . In fact, I think those two were boosted the last time this event ran and I used them up until the end of round 7.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Go Team Cap!
  • Tatercat
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Go Team Cap!

With boosted IM40, Hulkbuster and IM XLVI! icon_lol.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I’m not sure how much good Carol is going to be in the actual boss fight, especially with the descending board likely eating whatever countdowns you’ve got out for her. Possible same issue those Green Sentries, any board shake is not her friend.

On the other hand, Xpool’s Countdown to What IS triggered by that same bottom row destruction. Just be sure to check what Ultron’s strongest color is and fire when there’s a lot of them in bottom half of the board. Put him at 3/5/5 and let Hulkbuster hog the red and black . In fact, I think those two were boosted the last time this event ran and I used them up until the end of round 7.

Presumably fortified tiles survive the bottom row destruction (once)?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    Go Team Cap!

With boosted IM40, Hulkbuster and IM XLVI! icon_lol.gif

And don't forget Carol. icon_lol.gif
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh man... A terrible icon_venom.pngblackflag.png as my random 4* in the Clint Barton vault has massively deterred me from going for it...

Curse you RNG!
  • Tatercat
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Presumably fortified tiles survive the bottom row destruction (once)?

That's a good question! Mine's just too underleveled to test that, but maybe I can try it with my 4* Luke Cage in an early round.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, no single pull for the hawkeye vault. I have some coal for D3, can I get some diamonds back in return.

And I would have liked to pull for the black Ghost Rider in mine, but not for 1800 while also having to spend 1000-2000 HP to roster Hawkeye (s).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Felessa wrote:
    It's good to have Ultron boss event back! Just annoyed there's not a Miles purpleflag.png in individual progression, as it should be.

Ditto. My first few subs in EotS were not very optimal clears. I should still probably finish T10 for the yellow cover, but was kind of counting on progression for that purple cover I have zero of. Unless everyone else playing in my slice fall of the face of the earth, there's no way I'm getting T5.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I get that the Clint Barton vault has 3* Hawkeye and the Ulton cover packs have Miles, Redpool and Daken but these seem massively over priced compared to regular heroics and featured 4* vaults. Hawkguy is only a 3* and should be common enough soon. Didn't take me long to champion 3* Thanos and Strange without buying any special vaults for them. And are the 3 featured characters in Ultron pve even essential other than maybe for a side mission?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    token_legendary.png Bag of Tricks still has Moon Knight and Kate in it. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it's not just a display error since I pulled a purple Moon Knight out of it just now. Not complaining, but just wanted to spread the word.

Also, the odds for a bonus hero are 1 in 6. That's three times better!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time in this event he was moving tiles and I wasn't around for the prior run when he didn't so I have a question.

Ultron has 2 passives that both proc at the start of the turn. One to place a bomb and one to destroy the bottom row.

Right now the order is place bomb, destroy row so in effect his bomb always starts on row 2 so you have 1 less turn to destroy it before it reaches the bottom. Is this how it's always been?

I would think it should be destroy row, then place bomb so bomb starts on the top row.

KGB
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    :tokenlegendary: Bag of Tricks still has Moon Knight and Kate in it. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it's not just a display error since I pulled a purple Moon Knight out of it just now. Not complaining, but just wanted to spread the word.

Also, the odds for a bonus hero are 1 in 6. That's three times better!

3xs the disappointment too! Lol.