Avengers vs Ultron - Event Details (3/8/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Avengers vs Ultron is coming soon, so here are some details on what you can expect to come with the event!

Mission%20Rewards.png

Individual%20Rewards.png

Alliance%20Rewards.png

Featured Characters
    o Miles Morales (Spider-Man) o Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) o Daken (Dark Avengers)
Ultron Boss
    o No longer matches tiles
Avengers Vs. Ultron Cover Store
    o Increased odds on Featured Characters
Bag of Tricks Legendary Cover Store
    o 10% chance for a Hawkeye (Clint Barton) cover o 90% chance at all the latest 4-Stars o Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
Clint Barton Limited Vault
    o 40 items
    • 1 Bag of Tricks Legendary token • 1 random 4-Star cover • 3 Hawkeye (Hawkguy) covers (one of each) • 6 Heroic tokens • 4x 2500 Iso-8 • 6x 1000 Iso-8 • 5x 500 Iso-8 • 14 Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    o 10% chance for a Hawkeye (Clint Barton) cover
    o 90% chance at all 4-Stars
    o Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

ALL 4*s, or all 12 that are in the other tokens? Do we get bonus heroes from this?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the info but you need to tweak your headers that state Team Cap Reward. icon_lol.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was hoping for Miles covers, but my 3/0/3 Starlord thanks you.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madok wrote:
    Thanks for the info but you need to tweak your headers that state Team Cap Reward. icon_lol.gif

Today, we are all Team Cap.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At the present time Star-Lord is infinitely more useful! I'm just happy I'll get a 1/1/1 Hawkguy out of this.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:

At the present time Star-Lord is infinitely more useful! I'm just happy I'll get a 1/1/1 Hawkguy out of this.

I know, but the Miles covers would have allowed me to champ him, and a 4/1/4 Star-Lord isn't that much more useful than a 3/0/3 is.
  • Brigby
    Options
    madok wrote:

Today, we are all Team Cap.
    Oh Captain, My Captain.

Sorry about the confusion. I'll see if I can get those images with the correct header sent to me, so I can update them today.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:

I know, but the Miles covers would have allowed me to champ him, and a 4/1/4 Star-Lord isn't that much more useful than a 3/0/3 is.

That's fair! But I'd argue that a champed Miles is worth less than even the potential of an in-progress Star-Lord.

Love Miles as a character, but he's underserved in this game as essentially a support character for other web tile producers... a class of characters that still aren't fleshed out for good team dynamics and whom all need fixing. Spider-Gwen's upcoming adjustments are a big help, but she's still got complete color overlap with Miles!

I've had my Miles at 13/13 and unchamped for months. Only time I use him is when he's required.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

ALL 4*s, or all 12 that are in the other tokens? Do we get bonus heroes from this?

Don't forget to answer these questions too please
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great decision to revert Ultron back to his original format of not moving tiles. I really think that many of the new releases will shine in this format.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Ultron Boss
      o No longer matches tiles

I give you guys a lot of ****, but good on you for this. That really felt cheap last time.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    The cynic in me wants to know HOW ARE THEY GOING TO PUNISH US FOR REMOVING HIS ABILITY TO MAKE MATCHES?????

The gracious person in me wants to say OMGGGGG THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR REMOVING HIS ABILITY TO MAKE MATCHES!!!!

Hmmmmmm......
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

This must be answered now!
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a month or so shy of a year playing this game and I've not experienced the Ultron Event. How does the boss part operate and how to you damage him?
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Killians8 wrote:
    I'm a month or so shy of a year playing this game and I've not experienced the Ultron Event. How does the boss part operate and how to you damage him?

He destroys the bottom row every turn and puts a bomb tile at the top. If the bomb tile makes it all the way to the bottom it causes big damage. You hurt him the typically way (matching tiles/powers) but he can't be stunned. You also have to keep an eye on those bombs and try to match/remove them before they hit the bottom
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Killians8 wrote:

He destroys the bottom row every turn and puts a bomb tile at the top. If the bomb tile makes it all the way to the bottom it causes big damage. You hurt him the typically way (matching tiles/powers) but he can't be stunned. You also have to keep an eye on those bombs and try to match/remove them before they hit the bottom

Ok cool. I have done this event once then...when I was a rookie and didn't have the roster or tinykitty sense to know what I was doing.
  • Brigby
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

This must be answered now!
    Not to worry. I've already passed along that question to the developers. I'll update this post when I hear back from them.

Update: It appears that the Bag of Tricks Store will function like the normal legendary stores, except the only 5* in it is Hawkeye and he is available at 10% drop rate. I have updated the post to reflect this.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starlord yellow!!!!! My 5-2-5 Starlord.can finally.get champed. HUZZAH!
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So is the boosted list for the event just going to follow the weekly boosted? (I forget if it's been that way in the past?)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby, why is the 3* placement reward - Deadpool - from EotS a player progression reward in Avengers vs. Ultron, but Miles Morales is being replaced by Star-Lord in the alliance progression?