Avengers vs Ultron - Event Details (3/8/17)

Options

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Brigby, why is the 3* placement reward - Deadpool - from EotS a player progression reward in Avengers vs. Ultron, but Miles Morales is being replaced by Star-Lord in the alliance progression?

Isn't the 4* progression reward for alliance events usually the 4* essential for the next PVE?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    justsing wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Brigby, why is the 3* placement reward - Deadpool - from EotS a player progression reward in Avengers vs. Ultron, but Miles Morales is being replaced by Star-Lord in the alliance progression?

Isn't the 4* progression reward for alliance events usually the 4* essential for the next PVE?

Yeah we should be questioning Deadpool, not Star-Lord.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just have to say that I think you really missed the boat. If the special tokens for this event had included all the 4* characters, a lot of people would have spent their CP hoards. A lot more people would have joined buy clubs for the limited opportunity to collect more of the older characters.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    justsing wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Dunno. That's why I'm confused. Ordinarily, Deadpool would be the 3* progression and Miles would be the 4* progression in a non-alliance event.

But Deadpool is listed as the personal 3* progression in AvU, and Star-Lord is listed as the alliance progression.

So I don't know which one 'shouldn't' be there and...I'm confused.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deadpool is featured 3* so is in personal progression like a normal featured 3* in PVE. What's missing there is the 4* we've now come to expect in progression which would have been Miles

Hawkguy & Starlord are the Alliance "end of event" type award, which means they'll be the featured in the next PVE

I think that seems right, but sucks to be missing the Miles, though my Starlord needs the covers!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, Boss events break the formula a little, and they haven't done anything to fix it.

Events have a progression 4*, and a placement 4*. The placement 4* is required in the next event, during which it becomes the progression 4*, and a new placement 4* is chosen, and the cycle continues, and it's always possible to pick up essential characters along the way.

Boss events give out THREE 4* covers, but only of the placement character, so we get multiple Star Lord, but everyone ready to pick up a Miles from progression gets ****.

It's kinda like how 7-day events used to be bad because they only gave one progression 4* (where a pair of 3/4 day events gave 2), and they fixed that recently. The problem with Boss events isn't quantity (since you're actually getting more than normal), but quality (since it screws the pattern and makes some characters not as equally available as others).

Ideally a Miles cover would appear in individual progression. Or maybe in the future they could do 2-and-1, like instead of 3 Star Lord, 2 Star Lord and a Miles so both characters are available? That would screw with Boss events giving one of each color, but as-is, people expecting the 4* progression character feel **** when a Boss event comes along and screws up the formula, and that's bad too, right?

It's not a HUGE change to make, but it would be a nice quality-of-life improvement, like the recent tweak to 7-day events. (and since boss events aren't the most common, I don't think it would hurt to give out an extra 4* to cover that progression character, especially since way back for the first Civil War they were willing to give away TWO 5* covers without even requiring a token pull...)
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TeamStewie wrote:
    justsing wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Yeah we should be questioning Deadpool, not Star-Lord.

The progression 4* and 3* is usually the essential from the current PVE so Deadpool is correct and Miles was replaced with the Bag of Tricks token. Alliance rewards are usually the essential for the next PVE so that explains Starlord.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am glad Miles is not there. He sits at 13 covers so I don't need another.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After the nerf of his "surprise" power, icon_miles.png is not so cool anymore.
    I regret having championed him before the change.

On the other hand, icon_starlord.png has become one of the best support characters in the game with a good attack skills of his own too, so I am very glad to get 3 of his covers instead of Miles' ones. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Clint Barton Limited Vault
      o 40 items
      • 1 Bag of Tricks Legendary token • 1 random 4-Star cover • 3 Hawkeye (Hawkguy) covers (one of each) • 6 Heroic tokens • 4x 2500 Iso-8 • 6x 1000 Iso-8 • 5x 500 Iso-8 • 14 Random 2-Star covers
    Curious if my current 5000 HP will be enough to empty this vault out... I can probably make it work somehow. Depends a bit on what fourstar cover ends up in there though.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 5/4/1 Star-Lord is pretty happy at this
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm disappointed its an older character like Starlord, but then mine is max covered, so I suppose I would be.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I´m sorry but looking at the reward table is disappointing. Not because of Star-Lord (he´s my highest leveled 4* champion and I take any champion level for him I can get) but because of missing the 4* progression reward cover (a purple Miles cover in this case).

Since you introduced the bonus heroes it´s ridiciously hard to get your older 4* characters fully covered so the most of us players appreciate any opportunity to acquire covers for them. And now you´ve just skipped one of them - why?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, I'll go wake up the alliance. My 3/4/0 Starlord has been wanting to punch something for long time.

The Clint tokens could have been 85% chance of latest 12, like in regular Legendary Tokens; 10% chance of Hawkeye, as the store is all his; 5% left could be Miles Morales, because he's featured and because he was excluded from a recent Champions chapter so the team gave Gwenpool a chance instead of arresting her on sight.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's good to have Ultron boss event back! Just annoyed there's not a Miles purpleflag.png in individual progression, as it should be.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Bag of Tricks Legendary Cover Store
    o 10% chance for a Hawkeye (Clint Barton) cover
    o 90% chance at all 4-Stars
    o Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

ALL 4*s, or all 12 that are in the other tokens? Do we get bonus heroes from this?

This must be answered now!
    Not to worry. I've already passed along that question to the developers. I'll update this post when I hear back from them.

Update: It appears that the Bag of Tricks Store will function like the normal legendary stores, except the only 5* in it is Hawkeye and he is available at 10% drop rate. I have updated the post to reflect this.

Booo!!! Thanks for the update though, not your fault...
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So... If I don't have miles I'm screwd right?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    GreenyBoy wrote:
    So... If I don't have miles I'm screwd right?
    No, it just means you won't be able to do one out of five essential nodes. You can still fight Ultron four to five times each refresh and contribute to your alliance's score though.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So when will it start?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Teskal wrote:
    So when will it start?
    Noon EST. In about 4½ hours. That's how boss battles usually work at least.