***** Hawkeye (Clint Barton) *****

1235»

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I haven't had a chance to make a second video yet with a bunch of different teammates for Clint, but I did make a character analysis video. If anyone is curious to see each arrow in order per cover level, just skip to his blue move and watch.

https://youtu.be/SBECxufCJTY

Skip to around 6 minutes in if you are just curious about the arrows at each cover in order.
  • chammidhan
    chammidhan Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    The player should be able to decide which blue arrow to fire. After all, Hawkeye fires arrow based on the situation right? He just doesn't fire the first arrow he touches.

But then it might make him a little bit over powered.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Electric arrow can be pretty handy if you get some boardshake quickly after it goes off (say, if 2-6 other arrows also resolve at the same time). It also sets up Black Bolt for life, I would think. I agree it's not the most useful of the arrows but it's only 3 AP (if it resolves and you have the purple passive).

To be fair, it is true that with his purple it is not that hard to fire more than 3 arrows, but I think it is too conditional. All other arrows are always useful, this one on the other hand, depends a lot on who is on your team, and if you have any fast way of getting this extra AP. I don't think it will be much useful for Bot, when you have managed to fire three arrows Bolt is most certainly already doing damage.

It is not a big deal, but it might do more harm than good...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Electric arrow can be pretty handy if you get some boardshake quickly after it goes off (say, if 2-6 other arrows also resolve at the same time). It also sets up Black Bolt for life, I would think. I agree it's not the most useful of the arrows but it's only 3 AP (if it resolves and you have the purple passive).

To be fair, it is true that with his purple it is not that hard to fire more than 3 arrows, but I think it is too conditional. All other arrows are always useful, this one on the other hand, depends a lot on who is on your team, and if you have any fast way of getting this extra AP. I don't think it will be much useful for Bot, when you have managed to fire three arrows Bolt is most certainly already doing damage.

I agree it's not the most exciting arrow, but Ant-Man Arrow and Smoke Bomb Arrow are equally conditional given that you have less control over when you can fire them and when they resolve. Less control than with a power that only does what they do, I should say.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

I agree it's not the most exciting arrow, but Ant-Man Arrow and Smoke Bomb Arrow are equally conditional given that you have less control over when you can fire them and when they resolve. Less control than with a power that only does what they do, I should say.

Yeah you are right Smoke arrow is also not very useful, but that's the 7th arrow, so I guess most of the time you won't have time to throw so many arrows. But Antman I think it can always be useful, stealing AP always hurts your enemies, timing is important so it hurts more, but it is always annoying.

I am starting to consider Hawkeye as a really good / really annoying to fight against char. His powers are basically a one match power, so you can really fire A LOT of powers. I didn't see him as top tier but maybe he is, I would really like to get some feedback from someone who has him champed to see how good he is (Colog, jobob do you have him champed?). If Devs release someone like Carol or ProfX in 5 land he is going to be a monster.

Edit:

I have just seen some videos from KDN of Hawkeye+Coulson+Starlord or Hawkeye+Coulson+Carol and he defeats a 550 level OML, PH, IM46 so yeah, this is nuts. Two 4s (at 370) and a 450 level 5 defeat three 550 level 5s (well in one of the videos Hawkeye just had 9 covers icon_razz.gif)

So in the right team he is THE CHAR. The Carol + Coulson + Hawkeye team looks broken good.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally started leveling my max covered hawkeye. I need about 125k more to champion. Parked at 420 now and it's a shame I don't have coulson covered to pair with him (stalled at 1/5/2). Been using either carol or starlord. 

with Carol, you dont get as many arrows off but as soon as you create any sort of special tiles, they are quickly buffed to deadly amount. With starlord, you can spam arrows until you are out of blue tiles to convert. Either way, damage output is reduced dramatically without Coulson's passive.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    FrostKnux said:
    Seriously? Hawkeye is NOT a five star character. How have we gone from Silver Surfer and Phoenix to Black Widow and Hawkeye? You know who's five star? Odin. Dormammu. SEVERAL X-Men. Not these two chumps. Not the civil war chumps.

The article on Marvel starts "Need more Hawkeye in your life? What kind of question is that? Of course you do..." NO, I don't. Literally no one asked for this.

WHERE IS ROGUE?
    Rogue is trapped behind Marvel's ongoing cold war with Fox over the X-men franchise. 

*tier has no relevance to in-comics power level.  That has been true since the moment that the OML was the second 5*. 
  • Vhailorx
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hawkeye takes a deep breath and draws his bow, taking careful aim at his prey. Places a 3-turn fortified Blue Countdown tile. When it reaches 0, if you have at least 10 Red AP, spend 10 Red AP and deal 4,041 damage. Otherwise, deal 1,115 damage.
    Level 5: Either deals 26,210 damage or 8,064 damage.

So umm, the condition is mostly meaningless.

8064 for 5 = 1612.8 per AP
    26210 for 15 = 1747.3 per AP

Now factor in that launching red 3 times generates 3 countdowns that could return 6AP, vs the latter condition which is one and done. Now you have:

24192 for 15 (6 returned) = 2688 per AP
    26210 for 15 (2 returned) = 2016 per AP

With the extra blue as well, it's fairly silly to hold for the condition unless you really need the extra damage immediately.
    Just to update, the final version of Hawkeye only consumes 9 red ap, so his numbers at level 450 should be something like:

26,201 damage for 14 ap = 1871.5

or

8,064 damage for 5 ap = 1612.8

So I think the trade off is slightly more damage efficiency in exchange for noticeably less ap returned. The extra damage may be nice if you want to drop someone immediately, or if the opponent has a ton of protect tiles out, but otherwise it probably make sense to just keep throwing out arrows and not worry too much about efficiency.

In any event, is there any chance that you could update the original post brigby or cthulhu?
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hawkeye takes a deep breath and draws his bow, taking careful aim at his prey. Places a 3-turn fortified Blue Countdown tile. When it reaches 0, if you have at least 10 Red AP, spend 10 Red AP and deal 4,041 damage. Otherwise, deal 1,115 damage.
    Level 5: Either deals 26,210 damage or 8,064 damage.

So umm, the condition is mostly meaningless.

8064 for 5 = 1612.8 per AP
    26210 for 15 = 1747.3 per AP

Now factor in that launching red 3 times generates 3 countdowns that could return 6AP, vs the latter condition which is one and done. Now you have:

24192 for 15 (6 returned) = 2688 per AP
    26210 for 15 (2 returned) = 2016 per AP

With the extra blue as well, it's fairly silly to hold for the condition unless you really need the extra damage immediately.
    Just to update, the final version of Hawkeye only consumes 9 red ap, so his numbers at level 450 should be something like:

26,201 damage for 14 ap = 1871.5

or

8,064 damage for 5 ap = 1612.8

So I think the trade off is slightly more damage efficiency in exchange for noticeably less ap returned. The extra damage may be nice if you want to drop someone immediately, or if the opponent has a ton of protect tiles out, but otherwise it probably make sense to just keep throwing out arrows and not worry too much about efficiency.

In any event, is there any chance that you could update the original post brigby or cthulhu?

I find that I run out of blue tiles so much and generate so much blue and red AP that having the red alternative damage is huge. Use Coulson. He helps big time. 
  • Hanedog72
    Hanedog72 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    He is currently my best champion, which makes PVP rough these days because everyone uses Gambit and Gambits moves pretty much gobble up all countdown tiles on the board
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Only just got to 13 covers for HE and I really like playing him.  Is there an accepted "best build" for him?  My covers fell naturally 5/5/3 and I think I like it that way, since I prefer to spam the board with the countdowns (including the ones produced from the red power) than make sure I have enough red or try to differentiate the red produced cd from the blue produced ones.  Is this viable, or am I just being lazy and I should pay more attn to the red AP count and manage the red-produced cds more and reduce purple to 3 instead.  I do not have another cover for him, but I could champ him to re-spec him if needed.  Thanks for any insight high level players can provide.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2018
    5/5/3 is generally best. The faster CDs with 5 blue are more important than a little extra red damage, especially since his best strategies all involve heavy spamming.

And five purple is essential to churn through his blue. The goal with him is almost always to get to out of arrows, which is an awesome power.