***** Hawkeye (Clint Barton) *****

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Carol/Star-Lord/Clint is going to be a madly annoying team. Looking forward to those numbers on blue.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Cthulu can you at least put the length of the CDs that blue creates somewhere in the skill. The current description is absolutely useless.

Edit: n/m. See he is adding this.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    FrostKnux wrote:
    Seriously? Hawkeye is NOT a five star character. How have we gone from Silver Surfer and Phoenix to Black Widow and Hawkeye? You know who's five star? Odin. Dormammu. SEVERAL X-Men. Not these two chumps. Not the civil war chumps.

The article on Marvel starts "Need more Hawkeye in your life? What kind of question is that? Of course you do..." NO, I don't. Literally no one asked for this.

WHERE IS ROGUE?

We do not have the rights to use certain characters, but we are always trying! Some day soon we hope to be able to have an update on this. But we do not have any current estimated date of exactly when.

I can say this Hawkeye is really fun, and the 3-Star I'm about to add is also a fun character.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The wall of arrow text was hurting my eyes, so I made it easier. I think I copied it correctly:

9q4LYIh.jpg
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    The wall of arrow text was hurting my eyes, so I made it easier. I think I copied it correctly:

9q4LYIh.jpg

This is awesome and much appreciated. Anyway you can update with the cd tile duration.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quest34 wrote:
    This is awesome and much appreciated. Anyway you can update with the cd tile duration.

It looks like they're all 2-turn CDs. Only one that might be 3 is Shrapnel, I don't see text that says it changes to 2, but all the others do so who knows.
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Quest34 wrote:

It looks like they're all 2-turn CDs. Only one that might be 3 is Shrapnel, I don't see text that says it changes to 2, but all the others do so who knows.

Appreciate you checking on the cds and thanks again for the table.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well he looks quite strong, his powers are all really cheap, he is not as fast as he would because of the countdowns but he fortifies them so at least you are quite sure they will not be matched.

Thanos, GG and Clint is going to be a very nasty team (or GG and Clint for PvP).

And at long last a 5 team cap!!!! Yeaaaaaah!!!

PS: A bit weird though that he has the same passive ability as GG...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    PS: A bit weird though that he has the same passive ability as GG...

Presumably that's so you don't feel like he's useless without GG.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm disappointed in everyone at D3 for not naming Hawkguy's active black "Okay, This Looks Bad."

It better at least be in the flavor text.
  • Jaedenkaal
    I'm disappointed in everyone at D3 for not naming Hawkguy's active black "Okay, This Looks Bad."

It better at least be in the flavor text.

I suspect he's got more one-liner quotes than could ever be typed in the fluff text icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very happy that the most complex Power is repeated on the threestar version, I have a feeling Hawkeye depends a lot on his blue to be truly good - and at any rate the effect of the Purple and red should be easy enough to predict. With a very cheap Power that feeds itself he could potentially pair very well with OML as Hawkeye can spam Powers and OML can pump out strike tiles.
    Having a set order for the Arrows in Full Quiver is a bit of a bummer, but I guess you'll chew through them fast enough anyway.
    Cautiously optimistic about this guy, but I have been wrong Before... I do like his color scheme though as my OML and Phoenix would very much like a blue Active Power to round them out.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    FrostKnux wrote:
    Literally no one asked for this.

Actually, one person posted that they asked for Hawkeye on every poll (unless they were being funny), so at least someone asked for this and possibly a lot more since we don't know what characters the overwhelming majority of the players want (going by what people post in the forums isn't necessarily a good indicator for various reason). Unless they've posted the full results of their character polls somewhere and Hawkeye got zero votes (which still wouldn't mean nobody asked for him). Perhaps you're using literally to mean "virtually" (which drives many to distraction, though I'm OK with it) but even then, it doesn't necessarily follow.
  • Jaedenkaal
    astrp3 wrote:
    FrostKnux wrote:
    Literally no one asked for this.

Actually, one person posted that they asked for Hawkeye on every poll (unless they were being funny), so at least someone asked for this and possibly a lot more since we don't know what characters the overwhelming majority of the players want (going by what people post in the forums isn't necessarily a good indicator for various reason). Unless they've posted the full results of their character polls somewhere and Hawkeye got zero votes (which still wouldn't mean nobody asked for him). Perhaps you're using literally to mean "virtually" (which drives many to distraction, though I'm OK with it) but even then, it doesn't necessarily follow.

At best he means "I never once asked for this and I can't imagine other people doing it (even though it's clearly possible and statistically probably)"
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    So... I really like Red thematically and it seems like a fun gamble power (use it now, hopefully I generate some red and do a lot of damage in a couple turns), but the damage seems pretty lackluster for a single-target countdown. 15 Red to deal less than Goblin's 8 Black?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Attempted fix to layout for his arrows and all the levels. Will continue to try and make it more readable when I can
  • Jaedenkaal
    ErikPeter wrote:
    So... I really like Red thematically and it seems like a fun gamble power (use it now, hopefully I generate some red and do a lot of damage in a couple turns), but the damage seems pretty lackluster for a single-target countdown. 15 Red to deal less than Goblin's 8 Black?

But, you don't need all 15 Red at the same time, you can collect some of it later (and you even have a passive that helps you do just that)

AND it still does something (and something reasonable, no less) if you don't have the other 10 AP when it expires (and if that's the case you'll have only spent 3 AP on it)

AND it doesn't have the chance to be permanently disabled if it fails to go off.

I'd say it's an interesting comparison and without trying it out I don't think I'd want to declare that one is better than the other.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Can we get something done in game to see full readout of abilities at least in roster screen. Like this blue as well as all the flip abilities others have (x-23, oml, etc.)
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    So yet another power that changes from one effect to another, and absolutely zero ability in the game itself to *see* any of those effects, or how they change with levels, prior to... using it in a round.

There have been suggestions of how easy it would be to present this information in the interface somewhere, but instead of doing anything about that they seem intent on just taking this problem to the most ridiculous extreme. It's funny, but not terribly useful.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:

But, you don't need all 15 Red at the same time, you can collect some of it later (and you even have a passive that helps you do just that)

AND it still does something (and something reasonable, no less) if you don't have the other 10 AP when it expires (and if that's the case you'll have only spent 3 AP on it)

AND it doesn't have the chance to be permanently disabled if it fails to go off.

I'd say it's an interesting comparison and without trying it out I don't think I'd want to declare that one is better than the other.

Yeah I also think his red is great because you just need to spend 5 AP up front. If you don't get the extra AP it does a very reasonable damage, 8k for 5 is quite good. Then if you get the 10 extra AP in the next turns, for 15AP it does a lot of damage (not GG level damage, but much more than Spidey green or Strange yellow). And if it gets matched you just lose 5AP. The countdown is a bit long, but a part from that I think it is quite good.

And if you don't want to wait, you can fire three arrows for 15AP, and you will still do 24k damage! (almost the same damage as if you wait)

The best think about him is that his powers are so cheap, this is quite interesting. Of course, you can never use him against Strange or someone like that, but he adds a lot of interesting use cases... He is crazy good with Starlord (3AP powers!)