***** Hawkeye (Clint Barton) *****

Options

Comments

• jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we pick which of the seven powers for blue we get to use, a la Gwenpool's purple? Like we're picking it out of a bag? If so, will make this character a very nice option to have.
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    6ap is a little higher than I'd like for a ability that has 7 different effects. You're not very likely to ever get through them all.

I am hopefully that each time one countdown tile expires it give some blue ap. Which would make the 6 ap less of an issue but that could just be wishful thinking.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quest34 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    6ap is a little higher than I'd like for a ability that has 7 different effects. You're not very likely to ever get through them all.

I am hopefully that each time one countdown tile expires it give some blue ap. Which would make the 6 ap less of an issue but that could just be wishful thinking.

Bet you never thought you'd be complaining that a 6 AP power was too expensive.

It'll really boil down to the order of the 7 effects (chosen vs fixed order vs random) and how situational some or all of them are.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God I hope it isn't Hawkeye...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quest34 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I expect this is the point (hah, like an arrow) of that purple passive.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability précis:
      Special Tile - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Gain AP from special tiles expiring and start of every turn fortify friendly special tiles.

7 different things - 6 AP - This power can only be used 7 times, different things can happen each time, then the power can’t be used again for the rest of that match.

Damage - 11 AP - Creates a special tile that does more damage if the player has x amount of x AP.

I believe those are the powers for Hawkeye (Clint Barton), not Iron Fist. Are we even allowed to discuss this?
    • astrp3
      astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      And the seven different things are supposedly seven different kinds of arrows.
      You fire the first power/arrow and it creates a CD then becomes the second, which creates a CD then becomes the third etc.

I don't know if the power changes after the CD is placed (i.e. you fire off one per turn) or when it reaches zero. He also deals some damage after he's "out of arrows"
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Another 5 already??? 5s used to be released every 45 days or so, but this is in the month range!

And yeah, it is Clint
    • Copps
      Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      I'm pretty sure it's every 6 weeks now with two four stars in between.
    • Tromb2ch2
      Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      So when can I pick this guy up?
    • sambrookjm
      sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      If it is a 5-star Hawkeye, I'm glad Team Cap is finally getting another 5-star member! Team Iron Man already has plenty.
    • mega ghost
      mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Quebbster wrote:
      If this is indeed a 5* Hawkeye (which seems likely, I have to admit), do you Think he is also getting a 3* version like Strange and Thanos?
      I suspect this will follow the Black Panther model - a 5* release for March 10th and then a 4* release the week after (conveniently the same day Iron Fist premieres...). If there was an accompanying 3*, the next release wouldn't be until March 24th, missing the Netflix window.

While I'd really like a 4* Iron Fist, I'd also be partial to a 3* Hawkeye. It just makes sense to have your core characters represented in the 3* tier.
    • amusingfoo1
      amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
      Options
      I really hope the blue lets you choose the effect. If it's fixed order, that's totally lame, and gets rid of most of the benefits of having seven effects.
    • Handoftheking26
      Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Just me....but I'd rather have 4* white suit IF than a 5* Clint....and seriously another dupe? There are only like 5 zillion characters in marvel we don't have yet.....sigh..
    • moogles85
      moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Clint Barton: The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense.
    • Jaedenkaal
      Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Just me....but I'd rather have 4* white suit IF than a 5* Clint....and seriously another dupe? There are only like 5 zillion characters in marvel we don't have yet.....sigh..

Iron Fist would also be a "dupe." As there are dupes you'd like to have, and almost certainly original characters that you don't want, you might as well just sigh and say "not the character I wanted"
    • Cthulhu
      Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
      Options
      moogles85 wrote:
      Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Clint Barton: The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense.

you got it!
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options

Well, fortunately one release has no effect on what gets released after it. So keep hope alive!
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited March 2017
      Options
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Hawkeye takes a deep breath and draws his bow, taking careful aim at his prey. Places a 3-turn fortified Blue Countdown tile. When it reaches 0, if you have at least 10 Red AP, spend 10 Red AP and deal 4,041 damage. Otherwise, deal 1,115 damage.
      Level 5: Either deals 26,210 damage or 8,064 damage.

So umm, the condition is mostly meaningless.

8064 for 5 = 1612.8 per AP
      26210 for 15 = 1747.3 per AP

Now factor in that launching red 3 times generates 3 countdowns that could return 6AP, vs the latter condition which is one and done. Now you have:

24192 for 15 (6 returned) = 2688 per AP
      26210 for 15 (2 returned) = 2016 per AP

With the extra blue as well, it's fairly silly to hold for the condition unless you really need the extra damage immediately.
    • FrostKnux
      FrostKnux Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
      Options
      Seriously? Hawkeye is NOT a five star character. How have we gone from Silver Surfer and Phoenix to Black Widow and Hawkeye? You know who's five star? Odin. Dormammu. SEVERAL X-Men. Not these two chumps. Not the civil war chumps.

The article on Marvel starts "Need more Hawkeye in your life? What kind of question is that? Of course you do..." NO, I don't. Literally no one asked for this.

WHERE IS ROGUE?