***** Hawkeye (Clint Barton) *****

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    The best think about him is that his powers are so cheap, this is quite interesting. Of course, you can never use him against Strange or someone like that, but he adds a lot of interesting use cases... He is crazy good with Starlord (3AP powers!)
    ...and if the countdown resolves, you get all of the AP back. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    The best think about him is that his powers are so cheap, this is quite interesting. Of course, you can never use him against Strange or someone like that, but he adds a lot of interesting use cases... He is crazy good with Starlord (3AP powers!)
    ...and if the countdown resolves, you get all of the AP back. icon_e_biggrin.gif

We can bring GG to the party, to have even more countdown fortifying and also more countdowns and his yellow to accelerate all of these countdowns!

PS: Carol is another char that comes to mind, but two 4s with a 5 is not a realistic team for PvP or Sim, not if you already have 5s at 450.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Frankly, even undercovered, he is hilarious with Starlord and Coulson icon_e_smile.gif (although I lucked out with 4/2/0 from Bag of Tricks tokens)

or Coulson and Carol

and as a 4* player this works just fine icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I am quite concerned that Hawkeye will dry up too many blue tiles on the board. Similar to 4*Deadpool eating up all the black. Although launching red 3 times is better than 1 big one @15ap, if you bring Coulson/Starlord, I'm thinking maybe it's better to wait for 15 ap. If you bring a strike tile maker instead of an accelerator, you'd use Hawkeyes red @5ap. Couldn't they just make his red place a red CD instead? Ugh
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I choose to believe that he'll just have enough Blue tiles to fire his powers and not enough that they'll get matched away too often icon_e_smile.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    I am quite concerned that Hawkeye will dry up too many blue tiles on the board. Similar to 4*Deadpool eating up all the black. Although launching red 3 times is better than 1 big one @15ap, if you bring Coulson/Starlord, I'm thinking maybe it's better to wait for 15 ap. If you bring a strike tile maker instead of an accelerator, you'd use Hawkeyes red @5ap. Couldn't they just make his red place a red CD instead? Ugh

Wait if you bring starlord, wouldn't you want to spam the tiles at 3 red ap? And also more cd tiles would proc coulson (or carol) more often.
  • Jaedenkaal
    eidehua wrote:
    Wait if you bring starlord, wouldn't you want to spam the tiles at 3 red ap? And also more cd tiles would proc coulson (or carol) more often.

Cost 3 Red AP, and return 3 Blue AP, 3 Red AP, and 2 AP of a random colour, no less. (plus the damage and AP return from Coulson's CDs that trigger when you fire a power) It's like printing money. It's like printing money that can print more money by itself.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    eidehua wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Problem happens when you fire too often. Every time you fire, a blue tile from the board gets used up. At some point you might not have any basic blues available to drop a CD. People are posting videos of Hawkeye already and I am seeing it happen. From what little I've seen, Coulson/Starlord is overkill. Too much ap to spend and not enough basic tiles. I imagine Oml, Carol, maybe 4Blade, maybe 5Panther is much more damage and time efficient.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Just wanted to mention that the OP's numbers aren't up to date anymore, the extra damage triggers on 9 Red AP, not 10. The boosted part does less damage than shown in the OP. 255 damage is 3623/4348/5072/5797/6521.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    My gold team right now is Logan, Hawkeye, and Starlord. Logan is tanking reds right now, so Hawkeye doesn't have to take any damage. Hawkeye can get a tile out every single turn with an average board, which trigger's Logan's red as well so you have strike tiles on top of everything (might be enough for me to downgrade black in favor of red...).

Now I gotta decide what to do with my PvP teams. Iron Fist/Logan sustains really well, but Iron First is 3* glass. Hawkeye/Starlord has more HP, but lacks a lot of sustain. Logan/Hawkeye is 5* craziness, but lacks support that really helps with accelerating your damage.
  • Polares
    edited March 2017
    Hawkeye really looks like a great addition to the game, I don't think he is better than Bolt, Thanos or Strange, but he is super combo friendly! He looks like a blast to play!

The only pity is that his best partners are 4 chars, more than 5s, so if you are a 4-5 transition player he is going to be a great addition ( oml, hawkeye, starlord looks like a great team for transitioners, any team with him and starlord, carol, medusa or wasp is a no brainer ), but for 5 players might not be as great, even though I think he can be quite good with GG or Thanos.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Seems crazy-good with any two of Coulson, Carol, and Starlord. On O.

Seems very weak on D, or with only one of those three. Guessing he'll be great for PvE or for farming ISO in Sim; probably not too useful otherwise.
  • hawkeye , Coulson and iceman is GOD

I have won 60 consecutive games against every opponent 5 star.png

All I need to do is collect 6 blue first and freeze opponent if it's D Strange or Star Lord ... and here we go ... hehe icon_lol.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    After getting Hawkeye's Purple cover from a Bag of Tricks token I started thinking a bit about what other fivestars have countdowns that he could fortify. There's Phoenix (once per game), Hulk (whose countdown respawns anyway), Iron Man (OK, this could be useful), Dr Strange (same there)... and also Thanos and Black Panther, Clint's future Latest Legends buddies. The Three of them could be a pretty nasty team with good synergy - When Court Death triggers Thanos stuns Black Panther, which activates his sneak attack later on. Hawkeye can protect their countdown tiles and keep up the pressure. It's a full Rainbow team aside from the lack of a yellow Active skill (which sadly means OML may be a better option than Black Panther).
    It looks cool on paper at least. Of course, Three-man teams aren't that hot in this game...
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    as mentioned above.... Hawkeye, Coulson and Starlord is over the moment an enemy uses a power with at least 3 blue saved up... each turn you generate more and more AP and countdown tiles and Starlord just punches people to death...
  • Polares
    Quebbster wrote:
    After getting Hawkeye's Purple cover from a Bag of Tricks token I started thinking a bit about what other fivestars have countdowns that he could fortify. There's Phoenix (once per game), Hulk (whose countdown respawns anyway), Iron Man (OK, this could be useful), Dr Strange (same there)... and also Thanos and Black Panther, Clint's future Latest Legends buddies. The Three of them could be a pretty nasty team with good synergy - When Court Death triggers Thanos stuns Black Panther, which activates his sneak attack later on. Hawkeye can protect their countdown tiles and keep up the pressure. It's a full Rainbow team aside from the lack of a yellow Active skill (which sadly means OML may be a better option than Black Panther).
    It looks cool on paper at least. Of course, Three-man teams aren't that hot in this game...

Forget BP, use GG instead, BP it is not really adding anything. Thanos, GG, Hawkeye on the other hand... Thanos and GG are really fun to play, so adding some red/blue love will just make the team better icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Forget BP, use GG instead, BP it is not really adding anything. Thanos, GG, Hawkeye on the other hand... Thanos and GG are really fun to play, so adding some red/blue love will just make the team better icon_e_biggrin.gif
    True dat. I tend to overlook Goblin as mine is only 0/1/4... I have had dreadful luck with him.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

True dat. I tend to overlook Goblin as mine is only 0/1/4... I have had dreadful luck with him.

Me and my 0/2/5 Gobby can sympathize.
  • Polares
    I was looking at his blue and the first two arrows is like the 5 version of Iceman blue. 5 blue for 3 turn stun and then 5 blue more for 17k dmg! You can use those two arrows just once but it is very reminiscent of Iceman blue.

The problem I see is that the next arrow is the Electric one. Adding some charged tiles is not that much of a big deal if you can fire this arrow just once. The power would be so much useful if this arrow was removed and after explosive it went straight away to the Sonic (strike tiles) one.

I also didn't notice at first glance that red countdown is already fortified! Don't need to wait to next turn.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Electric arrow can be pretty handy if you get some boardshake quickly after it goes off (say, if 2-6 other arrows also resolve at the same time). It also sets up Black Bolt for life, I would think. I agree it's not the most useful of the arrows but it's only 3 AP (if it resolves and you have the purple passive).