New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    So will peggy be the only one to drop at the end of the season? Do we keep Wasp for another rotation?
    Most likely since Iron Fist should be the only new fourstar added to token packs next season. It seems likely one of the Three-stars will be removed to make room for Hawkguy too, but it's anyone's guess who that will be - I'm betting it's Squirrel Girl, but I could be wrong.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Tony Foot wrote:
    So will peggy be the only one to drop at the end of the season? Do we keep Wasp for another rotation?

I hope that's the case. With the wasp rework I've been chasing her covers but know it'll get infinitely harder once she leaves the magical 12
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Day 23. The heroes and even some villains have just vanished. Shield, the Avengers, even Charles Xavier could not find them. They had literally been wished out of existence by two groups working together to do dangerous magics. Demiurge and D3 as they were called had snatched them up and hidden them in a sort of vault. Iceman, Jean Grey, Red Hulk were powerless against them. The public demanded their return but no word from their spokesperson except a vague reassurance that some day some how they might let them free. Inferior Heroes have been trying to keep up the fight, take up the slack but Wasp vs Galactus is laughable.
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I don't know if it's been suggested already, what about a system that work exactly like now, only when you choose a bonus character that character get also added to the pool (out of the vault I mean). So it would be up to us to decide how much diluted we want our pool to be.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't solve the problem from their perspective - the problem of people not wanting to cover the new ones but rather get the top old ones and add championing levels to compete with the 5* and the whales.

People would add top 5 old ones and cover them much quicker then before. And this would be destructive to the meta in 4* land and disruptive to the meta in 5*. Not happening for sure.

But clearly we need solution.

I vote for the following:
    1. Keep the vaulting as it is.
    2. Increase the bonus hero % to 10% and add it to every token pull, not only the "blind" pulls.
    3. Remove the cover timer (or increase it to 1 month minumum but I would remove completely).

Educated guess is this 3 point solution would satisfy the player base. Even 2 out of 3 would be regarded as a big improvement. And another educated guess - we are getting only 1 of them and you all can guess which one.
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Magic wrote:
    It doesn't solve the problem from their perspective - the problem of people not wanting to cover the new ones but rather get the top old ones and add championing levels to compete with the 5* and the whales.

People would add top 5 old ones and cover them much quicker then before. And this would be destructive to the meta in 4* land and disruptive to the meta in 5*. Not happening for sure.

But clearly we need solution.

I vote for the following:
    1. Keep the vaulting as it is.
    2. Increase the bonus hero % to 10% and add it to every token pull, not only the "blind" pulls.
    3. Remove the cover timer (or increase it to 1 month minumum but I would remove completely).

Educated guess is this 3 point solution would satisfy the player base. Even 2 out of 3 would be regarded as a big improvement. And another educated guess - we are getting only 1 of them and you all can guess which one.

I see your point. Thing is even if they raise bonus heroes % it would be still difficult to get to last cover you need to max a character.
    Remove the cover timer would help not letting cover go to waste but not to actually to max old character faster (or at all).

I would add to your 3 point:

4. bonus can't be a color already at 5 covers
    5. bonus heroes work like I said before, adding the choosen character to the pool, ONLY if the character it's not max covered (or championed). If you choose a character max covered or championed as a bonus heroes he does not get added to the pool. (Yeah ok maybe this one it's too complicated to work out fine)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Bonus Heroes

Frequently Asked Questions!

What is the Chance to Get a Bonus Hero?
    Each single cover pack has a 5% chance to get a Bonus Hero. Each draw from a 10x and 40x cover pack has a 8% chance to get Bonus Hero. Every time you pull a 3-Star from a Standard Pack you will get an additional 3-Star Bonus Hero.

Ever since the mess up of the display of pulling double characters for the Bonus characters, I haven't received a bonus character despite pulling 3* from Standard packs (3/14 was my last Bonus Character). That's a pretty long dry run. Is something up with the bonus character process? I did change phones but that was only 3 days ago... and that fixed my facebook sharing issue where I wasn't getting any facebook gifts for well over a year. I've been pulling a lot of 2* Thor too... very weird.

What do your Bonus Character draws look like?
  • Magic
    I am pretty much only getting some bonus characters from Elite tokens. Answer yourselves how that is helping my 4* game icon_e_sad.gif
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    I am pretty much only getting some bonus characters from Elite tokens. Answer yourselves how that is helping my 4* game icon_e_sad.gif

Bonus 3* heroes =
    champion rewards =
    4* heroes.

Next time you go order a cheeseburger I hope they give you a 5% chance at winning a baby cow, and some seeds to grow wheat for a bun, so you understand how nonsensical it is to expect 3* bonus heroes to fill the lack of 4*s.
  • Magic
    To be frank my question was rhetorical with a layer of sarcasm under it. Yes - I know it's helping me get some 4* (if I target the bonus well - I have already done it couple of time to get the lvl 223 cover). My complain is that I don't receive the bonus hero when I open the Legendary tokens (only 1 so far). I believe that the biggest issue with the bonus hero and vaulting (and I am team it's connected and can't be regarded separately until one of them is removed) is the rate.

5% is a joke. There is pretty much no chance of getting the 4* bonus hero from heroic/event tokens (not to mention that vaults don't have even that). And the legendary are too rare for a non-paying player to make any sort of difference at this rate.

It was already calculated that an average non-paying player gets about 70-80 CP per week (PvP and PvE plus championing levels for 2 and 3*). That is 4 pulls a week from classics or 3 from latest. You need five to seven weeks (depending on the store) to meet the mathematical criteria of getting a single bonus hero 4*. A month or more for 1 cover. C'mon....
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    While being really disappointed with the current situation with vaulting and D3 completely ignoring us (One post, that said nothing, in over 3 weeks time), I was playing "Thick as Thieves" very little, only selected nodes, just to hit 4 star.pngicon_blade.png reward. And finished as 90 of 763. 1/2 of the progression was enough to be Top100. Level 8 ofc. Is it accident or people loosing desire to play?
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Xzasxz wrote:
    While being really disappointed with the current situation with vaulting and D3 completely ignoring us (One post, that said nothing, in over 3 weeks time), I was playing "Thick as Thieves" very little, only selected nodes, just to hit 4 star.pngicon_blade.png reward. And finished as 90 of 763. 1/2 of the progression was enough to be Top100. Level 8 ofc. Is it accident or people loosing desire to play?
    If there weren't 1000 people in your bracket, you joined late. That's why a lower score placed higher, not any lack of player interest.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    New McG wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    If there weren't 1000 people in your bracket, you joined late. That's why a lower score placed higher, not any lack of player interest.
    I've joined as 483 in the 1st round as I recall. Nearly 500 people before me. Did only 1/2 of the progression and finished 90. What about these 400 people that were before me at the start? I've started many times late. Never before so little points was enough to place top 100. Not even close.
  • SleepingKoala
    SleepingKoala Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Another week of silence...less and less incentive to play this game...
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Give them a point for working hard 5 days per week so we can have a bug free game.

Now its weekend. They should have some time off
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker

Give them a point for working hard 5 days per week so we can have a bug free game.

A bug free game? I'm sorry, are we playing the same game? I'm pretty sure I don't remember a patch that did not break anything.
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Piro_plock wrote:

A bug free game? I'm sorry, are we playing the same game? I'm pretty sure I don't remember a patch that did not break anything.

Its sarcasm icon_e_smile.gif
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    So, another week, still no change, concrete news, whatever. Since the developers don't seem to be in any haste to look at this serious problem, I've taken the liberty of taking action myself by:

* Not renewing my VIP subscription
    * Not buying anything at all in the 10 years Puzzle Quest sale
    * Dramatically reduce play time to only DDQ ... haven't even started Venom Bomb and it's an event with a new character

And I'll continue to keep my wallet closed and diminish game time until a solution is brought to the front. Then, maybe, I'll renew VIP status ... maybe. Because with all their anti-casual player stances they've succeeded in severely alienating me from this game which I used to love so much. Oh well, more game time and money for other games like Marvel Future Fight or PvZ2 then. Games who actually, you know, care for players and listen to feedback.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Xzasxz wrote:
    New McG wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    I've joined as 483 in the 1st round as I recall. Nearly 500 people before me. Did only 1/2 of the progression and finished 90. What about these 400 people that were before me at the start? I've started many times late. Never before so little points was enough to place top 100. Not even close.

I joined late, just before the first sub closed, played it to exactly progression and stopped. Was t200 - around 180ish IIRC.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

If this was sarcasm it was amazing.