MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2017 Edition *Updated (3/29/17)

Comments

• Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Howard in 4*DPD? Cool beans!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    anyone else has problems starting the game?
    all i see is “check internet connection“.
    apparently there is no thread about it.
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    boo
    Howard the Duck sucks. stop wasting my time with this **** joke character
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_Aziz wrote:
    boo
    Howard the Duck sucks. stop wasting my time with this tinykitty joke character
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOL2q8leiLw
    If you don't like Howard, feel free to skip his events. There are plenty of players who do enjoy him and appreciate the chance to earn more covers for him.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Surprised its Howard today on Crash as I thought it was Winter Soldier. Had a go on the vault won a Blue which means im now fully covered in Howard. Which was nice. Needless to say busted purple and whittled him down over time with a few occasional kicks to the nethers here and there.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently you can't use Duck Duck Loose when Howard is already invisible. Was it always like that?
  • Quebbster
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Apparently you can't use Duck Duck Loose when Howard is already invisible. Was it always like that?
    No, I do Believe I was able to stack it during the last run of Fowl Play.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I was surprised by that too, but thought I was misremembering.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Is there any way to earn the tokens for the Howard vault, or do we have to spend HP on it?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    No, I do Believe I was able to stack it during the last run of Fowl Play.
    You certainly may stack his purple power. That's the only way I could win this Crash with my 0/1/3 lvl 82 Howard. icon_e_wink.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't let me stack it either, was down to one purple tile just wilting away at puns heath 200 points per move.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    smkspy wrote:
    Wouldn't let me stack it either, was down to one purple tile just wilting away at puns heath 200 points per move.
    If he places 5 (or 4) invisibility tiles, I believe the power requires that 5 purple tiles are available to changed.
    So if there are only 4 basic purples on the board (ones that are not invisibility tiles yet), if Howard's power places 5, it must wait until 5 are 'available'.
    Anyway, back to the topic!
  • Quebbster
    Rick OShay wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    If he places 5 (or 4) invisibility tiles, I believe the power requires that 5 purple tiles are available to changed.
    So if there are only 4 basic purples on the board (ones that are not invisibility tiles yet), if Howard's power places 5, it must wait until 5 are 'available'.
    That's definitely a possible explanation.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knaaks wrote:
    Is there any way to earn the tokens for the Howard vault, or do we have to spend HP on it?
    Unless some new events are on the horizon,

spideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.png
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Rick OShay wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    That's definitely a possible explanation.

I was able to stack it, but mine only places 3 and there were 3 available when I fired it the second time. I'm betting this is the correct explanation.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a [devs aware] bug. Apparently. So that'll get fixed by Apr 1 2018, I guess. Good thing I managed to beat the crash anyways.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh a 7 day event featuring agent venom.

Gross.

We'll get two covers, but I don't even want to roster him. and we get less CP. icon_e_sad.gif
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    So it looks like the placement rewards for Hulk are Medusa redflag.png and yellowflag.png , which means that the progression reward for the next event would be a Medusa purpleflag.png ?

IRL nerfs and the nature of a 7 day event means I'm already throwing in the towel on anything better than T100 placement, but my 3/3/5 Medusa wouldn't mind a different cover coming up on progression! oh well, keep opening those LTs for me..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(3/29/17) Brigby - Updated Versus and Story events with character comic cover colors

Say that three times fast icon_lol.gif
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    *(3/29/17) Brigby - Updated Versus and Story events with character comic cover colors

Say that three times fast icon_lol.gif

Thanks Brigby! BTW, I hope you didn't think my post above was having a go at you, was just speculation on my part icon_lol.gif