MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2017 Edition *Updated (3/29/17)

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,335 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    (3/16/17 - 3/23/17) *New Update*
    4-Star: Cyclops (Classic), Gwenpool, Kate Bishop, Riri Williams, Star-Lord
    3-Star: Daken (Classic), Iron Fist, Magneto (Classic), Scarlet Witch, Wolverine (Patch)
    2-Star: Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Moonstone
    1-Star: Black Widow (Modern), Storm (Modern)
    After a week with no buffed 4* champion, I´m now spoilt for choice (since I have them all championed apart from Riri).
    Cyke & Gwenpool or Kate & Star-Lord, that is the question now. icon_e_wink.gif

For simulator I'd say Cyke/Gwen/Kate since there's not a lot of goon nodes to take advantage of SL.

For PVP Cyke / Kate all the way. Heavy damage from all colours, only missing green.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    3-Star: Daken (Classic), Iron Fist, Magneto (Classic), Scarlet Witch, Wolverine (Patch)
    After a week with no buffed 4* champion, I´m now spoilt for choice (since I have them all championed apart from Riri).

For simulator I'd say Cyke/Gwen/Kate since there's not a lot of goon nodes to take advantage of SL.

For PVP Cyke / Kate all the way. Heavy damage from all colours, only missing green.
    Haven´t mentioned this pair yet. Since I prefer a 5/3/5 build for Cyke I´ll have to respec Kate from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5 then.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simulator i don't like much, the buffed list i do like

Since my Peggy is 3/3/5, progression reward shall be blue
    I obviously hope my Murphy's Law theory is wrong, but I have a 5/4/3 X-23 with two Green Covers sitting in Vaults and Ragnarok at level 181
    so I feel I have reason to be pessimistic
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Black Duke wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Haven´t mentioned this pair yet. Since I prefer a 5/3/5 build for Cyke I´ll have to respec Kate from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5 then.

I love his blue too, but I might go with Cyke at 5/5/3 in that Cyke/Kate pairing. Kate’s blue is SO good when boosted. All her powers are, but that blue was doing 19K damage last time she was boosted. I’ll have to see how they play together.

Starlord’s use is diminished in Simulator due to the lack of goons, but that purple might come in handy for those nodes with Invisible Woman or Prof X, since there’s no boosted AOE characters in the 4* range this week to otherwise snuff out the invisible powered characters.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey Brigby, anyway you could note the color of progression rewards? blackflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png
    Some of us are analytical planners and would like to know as far in advance as possible so we can plan iso-8 usage.

Thank you.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Skrofa wrote:
    Also! Brigby, I think you need to change the title to reflect latest update
    Sorry about that. I edited it late last night, so my brain was kind of foggy. Changed to reflect correct update date.

(Heh. Update date icon_razz.gif )
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping that the Peggy progression reward is anything but redflag.png , as mine is 5/2/3 and I already have a red cover expiring in my rewards queue and another one imminent in my champion rewards.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    I'm hoping that the Peggy progression reward is anything but redflag.png , as mine is 5/2/3 and I already have a red cover expiring in my rewards queue and another one imminent in my champion rewards.
    Same here. Plus, wasn't the Star-Lord progression reward in Meet R&G supposed to be yellow, yet a red was awarded? Mistake or change?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping for not yellow on Peggy. It was the last power she got, but it hit 5 covers first. Blue would be my preferred.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Same here. Plus, wasn't the Star-Lord progression reward in Meet R&G supposed to be yellow, yet a red was awarded? Mistake or change?

Sorry, looks like it's Peggy's red. I would have preferred a yellow or blue myself, as this will max out my red. Still, it's at least useful for me, sucks for those it isn't.

And yes, I'm pretty sure Star-Lord should have been yellow in progression, not sure why it was red. Mine now sits at 0/0/4, so I had been looking forward to a little cover diversity for him.

EDIT: Nevermind, when it comes to Peggy all I do is pull red, red, red, no matter what, what, what. I'm nowhere near close to champing her, so looks like that red cover from Simulator progression will be 1000 ISO for me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also would've preferred blue, but glad it's not yellow...my Miss Carter is at 2/4/1.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT

you can always tell what color the PVE 4* card progression reward will be:

prior PVE event will have all three colors of 4* card as a placement reward. The second color listed here will be the placement reward in the subsequent PVE.

So in R&G PVE, you can get placement of Peggy blue, then red, then yellow.

So in simulator PVE, the progression reward will be Peggy red.

Now that you know, you can stop bothering Bryguyby about it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    ANNOUNCEMENT

prior PVE event will have all three colors of 4* card as a placement reward. The second color listed here will be the placement reward in the subsequent PVE.

The logical extension of this is that the Blade cover in the PvE after Simulator will be Red. Which is quite nice for my 0/2/2 Blade.
  • Kasemaus
    Kasemaus Posts: 10
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks for that! Note that is is SC7 as SC8 is showing placement of Peggy Blue, Blue, Red
  • TimGunn
    Options
    Kasemaus wrote:
    TimGunn wrote:
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks for that! Note that is is SC7 as SC8 is showing placement of Peggy Blue, Blue, Red

Yeah, it is the first color mentioned/shown is prize 1. The next different color mentioned/shown is prize 2 (and will be progression in subsequent PVE).

So PVE after Simulator will have a bl4de red progression prize.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    Kasemaus wrote:
    TimGunn wrote:
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Yeah, it is the first color mentioned/shown is prize 1. The next different color mentioned/shown is prize 2 (and will be progression in subsequent PVE).

So PVE after Simulator will have a bl4de red progression prize.

Yeah, noticed this pattern a while ago. Which was what irritated me about the Ultron event. The Star-Lord cover rewards were, in order, red, then yellow, then purple. Which would lead you to believe that yellow would have been the progression reward in Meet Rocket and Groot, but it was red instead.

As fun as alliance events are, it throws a huge wrench into the placement and progression reward system that they haven't seemed to be too bothered to fix yet.
  • TimGunn
    Options
    DarthDeVo wrote:

Yeah, noticed this pattern a while ago. Which was what irritated me about the Ultron event. The Star-Lord cover rewards were, in order, red, then yellow, then purple. Which would lead you to believe that yellow would have been the progression reward in Meet Rocket and Groot, but it was red instead.

As fun as alliance events are, it throws a huge wrench into the placement and progression reward system that they haven't seemed to be too bothered to fix yet.

Oh, really hadn't noticed that since I have Star-Lord champed. Annoying though that we don't give an individual progression reward in group events. The 3-starlords are effectively the same as placement rewards in a regular PVE. We should have received a 4-star Miles cover, which we would have received as a progression reward if it had been a regular PVE.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

Oh, really hadn't noticed that since I have Star-Lord champed. Annoying though that we don't give an individual progression reward in group events. The 3-starlords are effectively the same as placement rewards in a regular PVE. We should have received a 4-star Miles cover, which we would have received as a progression reward if it had been a regular PVE.

Yep, my Miles is very poorly covered, so I would have liked to get a progression cover for him too. In fact, I think it would have been purple, which I have zero covers of.

I know there's a user on this board (can't remember his/her name) that got screwed out of a 13th Ghost Rider cover when the Galactus event ran at Christmas, then out of a 13th Quake cover the last time Civil War ran. I think in both instances they were useful covers that would have allowed him to champ them. THAT'S frustrating.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any chance we can get a preview of what the upcoming 4* vault will be in these previews (like this week is Jean, last week was Quake, etc.)
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not official, but 99.9999% sure.
    Brigby wrote:
    UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    Savory (3/4/17)
      3-Star Required: Iron Fist, Ragnarok, Kamala Khan, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch Crash Of the Titans: Kingpin Behemoth Burrito Teams:
      - Venom (Eddie Brock), Bullseye (Classic), Moonstone - Thor (Goddess Of Thunder), Iron Man (Model 40), Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Kate Bishop, The Punisher (Dark Reign), Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Doctor Doom, Ares
    Sweet (3/9/17)
      3-Star Required: Vision, Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), Thanos (Modern), Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic) Crash of the Titans: Wolverine (X-Force) Behemoth Burrito Teams:
      - War Machine (James Rhodes), The Hulk (Indestructible), Hawkeye (Modern) - Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Sam Wilson (Falcon), Bullseye (Dark Avengers) - Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Black Panther (T’Challa), Black Widow (Original) - Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff), Hawkeye (Modern) - Moon Knight (Marc Spector), Thanos (Modern), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
      Savory (3/14/17)
        3-Star Required: Storm (Mohawk), Luke Cage, Rocket & Groot, Spiderman (Classic), Daredevil Crash of the Titans: X23 Behemoth Burrito Teams:
        - The Punisher (Max), Kamala Khan, Daken (Dark Avengers) - Mr Fantastic, Kamala Khan, Bullseye (Dark Avengers) - Nova, The Hood, Black Widow (Original) - Ant Man, Captain Marvel (Modern), Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Miles Morales, Thor (Modern), Daken (Dark Avengers)

Sweet (3/19/17)
          3-Star Required: She-Hulk, Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!), Gamora, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Loki
          Crash of the Titans: Iceman (All-New X-Men)
          Behemoth Burrito Teams:
            - Red Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - The Hulk (Totally Awesome), Magneto (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Colossus, Storm (Classic) - Elektra, Wolverine (Patch), Bullseye (Dark Avengers) - Kingpin, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
            Savory (3/24/17)
              3-Star Required: Daken (Classic), Squirrel Girl, Doctor Doom, Mystique, The Hulk (Indestructible)
              Crash of the Titans: Jean Grey (All-New X-Men)
              Behemoth Burrito Teams:
                - Wolverine (X-Force), Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!), Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - X-23, Daken (Classic), Black Widow (Original) - Iceman, Scarlet Witch, Magneto (Marvel NOW!) - Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - Winter Soldier, Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Magneto (Marvel NOW!)