Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh. Heroics are the worst.

This is where having one of every character is nice, alot of the character specific events can help you out

Is this where we get 3* Daken?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

This is where having one of every character is nice, alot of the character specific events can help you out

Gawd I hope not.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Yep, I can't resist to spread my iso among my heroes. Not always a good strategy, but for the last Heroic I was happy to be able to use all the few heroes authorized.
    I was rather happy with the Jugg Heroic. It was challenging but I felt rewarded for the energy spent and the scaling didn't go insane for me (I know others were less fortunate with scaling).

So, I wait for Venom Heroic with interest
  • I hope this heroic event isn't difficult. At least i was able to do the cap event, despite my heroic token didnt give me Steve rogers and I couldnt do the essential quests.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Posted this in the another thread, here for posterity (and more on-topicness):
    Unless someone decides to ninja in a new hero without me looking, you get an Event off from a new one this time around. Current plans are for Captain America (Steve Rogers)/Thor (Modern) for the 3* and Hawkeye (Modern)/Storm (Classic) for the 2*.
  • So no need to participate just to ensure the ability to participate in the next event. Sweet.
  • IceIX
    Options
    As with the above, the Heroic isn't out yet and we can flip switches up until it is. Current required roster is:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    As with the above, the Heroic isn't out yet and we can flip switches up until it is. Current required roster is:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Bag-Man!!!!!

Oh, this is going to be awesome.
  • Nemek wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Bag-Man!!!!!

Hey, don't knock Bag-Man vs. countdown tiles!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Serious question: Any thoughts about powering up Bag-Man for one of these events?
  • Nemek
    Options
    wathombe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Bag-Man!!!!!

Hey, don't knock Bag-Man vs. countdown tiles!

You know, that's not a bad point. If these matches are goon-heavy, him and M. Storm are the only ones that will help.
  • IceIX
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Serious question: Any thoughts about powering up Bag-Man for one of these events?
    Given that he doesn't have any damaging or abilities, all that would do is boost his Color Strengths and HP, making him get hit more often. Bag-Man gets it enough as it is, do you *really* want him to be a magnet for every stray Sniper Rifle or Unskilled Pistol out there?
  • IceIX wrote:

Given that he doesn't have any damaging or abilities, all that would do is boost his Color Strengths and HP, making him get hit more often. Bag-Man gets it enough as it is, do you *really* want him to be a magnet for every stray Sniper Rifle or Unskilled Pistol out there?

Yes! And without OBW around we can't heal him without using health packs so win-win?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

Yes, actually, yes I do. Bag-Man deserves to suffer.
  • IceIX wrote:

Taking one for the team sounds like a perfectly good use for Bagman.
  • Nemek
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Yes! And without OBW around we can't heal him without using health packs so win-win?

We'll obviously have to go to the prologue to heal Bag-Man with OBW. This seems efficient.
  • Nemek wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

We'll obviously have to go to the prologue to heal Bag-Man with OBW. This seems efficient.

Hey, you'll be in the prologue! Just heal him with Spidey on that last node! Wait...
  • No way to steal AP and no genuinely effective way to stun people. This is an event for people who like to be spanked.

I am thinking M. Storm, Wolverine and BP when the nodes do not require teamups.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    M. Storm / Wolvie / BP for sure. Guess its time BP finally gets his nom noms.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Black Panther
    Psylocke
    Human Torch - Powered Up

You cannot ask that with a straight face.