Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't have spidey or mags... Oh yeah this is gonna be fun,even funner than juggernaut event. And yes funner is a word as i just made it up.

for a given value of 'fun' icon_e_wink.gif
  • Putting my money down now on spidey being included since it is venom heroic, and by spidey I of course mean bagman
  • Putting my money down now on spidey being included since it is venom heroic, and by spidey I of course mean bagman
    Hey, at least everyone would have the buffed character then. At least 3 covers of Bag-man are given out in the prologue.
  • icon_e_surprised.gif I am excited to participate in my second event. Today i might need to work on the prolouge and level up my characters. I was only limited to the low level missions for last event.

Edit: and too bad i got rid of bagman the first time i obtained him. Better find a way to get him back, IF he will get buffed this event. Oh boy... least im not working today lol
  • If they run it like the latest Juggs Heroic then Human Torch will be uber buffed and you'll have about 7 other characters available, but not buffed. Of those other characters Spiderman will be one of them. The question is which Spiderman...
  • UncleSam wrote:
    If they run it like the latest Juggs Heroic then Human Torch will be uber buffed and you'll have about 7 other characters available, but not buffed. Of those other characters Spiderman will be one of them. The question is which Spiderman...

Spiderman was not available in Heroic Juggs.
  • jozier wrote:
    Spiderman was not available in Heroic Juggs.

Right, but the event featured characters that were part of the story for the most part. Spidey is a big part of the Venom chapter.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Putting my money down now on spidey being included since it is venom heroic, and by spidey I of course mean bagman
    Hey, at least everyone would have the buffed character then. At least 3 covers of Bag-man are given out in the prologue.
    That's assuming you realised that he was such a boon to tanking. Personally I found the 750 ISO far more useful at the time.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Any ideas on which will be the toughest nodes right off the bat? Im guessing the final foursome and the yelena ones will be the hardest of the bunch. You?
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would be SOOOOO fun (and actually helpful scaling-wise) if only Bag-man spidey was buffed/available ^_^
  • Pamizard wrote:
    :o I am excited to participate in my second event. Today i might need to work on the prolouge and level up my characters. I was only limited to the low level missions for last event.

Edit: and too bad i got rid of bagman the first time i obtained him. Better find a way to get him back, IF he will get buffed this event. Oh boy... least im not working today lol

You want to be earning ISO in the Lightning Rounds today. Take the stock character they give you and get to 100 points. You will have made 390 ISO + 1 standard token guaranteed and an additional 500 - 850 ISO in prizes and no-skip bonuses from winning 5 matches. All of that takes minutes and you have an opportunity to do it every two hours.
  • Any ideas on which will be the toughest nodes right off the bat? Im guessing the final foursome and the yelena ones will be the hardest of the bunch. You?

I'm guessing there will be a Soldier, Yelena, Daken node that could get challenging with the Soldier feeding Yelena purple. Probalby a Venom, Yelena, Daken node as well. Not to mention all Hammer nodes with uber healing Lieutenants.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    I think this just means that we're getting a buffed bagman in those mandatory teamup nodes
    I nearly sprayed my tea onto my screen icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Please, pretty please, let Heroic Venom have two runs like Heroic Juggs did.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    :o I am excited to participate in my second event. Today i might need to work on the prolouge and level up my characters. I was only limited to the low level missions for last event.

You want to be earning ISO in the Lightning Rounds today. Take the stock character they give you and get to 100 points. You will have made 390 ISO + 1 standard token guaranteed and an additional 500 - 850 ISO in prizes and no-skip bonuses from winning 5 matches. All of that takes minutes and you have an opportunity to do it every two hours.

I guess but I've only started the game a week ago and my team's highest is only level 20 which is iron man so i'll probably have to work on leveling them first before im comfortable. Thanks for your advice I'll be doing that today as well icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm just waiting for Spiderman to be the only 3* available to use, then i can start reading all the comments about *spideys 5 blue trivialises PVE" and "not everyone has a 5 blue spidey" with a dash of "well they give tokens out in LR's so you can get him there"
    with a sprinkling of "wait til he is nerffed then you will see what the rest of us have to deal with"

Those are always fun:)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Would be SOOOOO fun (and actually helpful scaling-wise) if only Bag-man spidey was buffed/available ^_^
    I don't mind running an event without Spidey, since I got used to relying on him so much, but then oBW/Hood need to be available, it's no fun having only mBW and IM 40 as your best 'supports'. (Hint: one of them is a one star and another only has one viable abilitiy to feed said one star).
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reading some post i realized i'll have a limited rooster like last time, the juggernaut one... damn it. Im betting they'll lock spidey out.
  • I pray that Doom can be used. Id quite like to try out my new level 95 doctor for once
  • Blah, I hate long events.