Super Lightning Rounds! *Updated

Options
12346»

Comments

• Turbosmooth
    Options
    This is a good change. I'm able to finish around 5th each time and an elite is a decent reward for the effort.

I once wished for constant lightning events, but I think we would regret it. I know I would barely get work done or sleep.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    When will they fix the match making?

I've diligently worked my way up to #1 spot beating teams of near equal power level getting to about 200 points.

Then I get pounded by teams with characters with 45000 hp each and my team is around 12-15000 points. How is that evenly matched at all?

Also I earn 18 -22 points a battle and then I lose 101 points before I complete my match. That is a losing battle.

This format is discouraging. I've been playing for a year to see some kind of improvement but nothing has happened.

The top 2 prizes don't seem like a prize, they seem more like a tease. Again I've been playing for a year and I can barely make top 50.

They need to increase the prize payout and quit with the bait and switch.

Super dud matches.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to agree that this format in its current form is not what I was expecting and it is quite underwhelming.

- You win less way iso, like half of before, which is a major reduction.
    - With Carol in seed teams (this is for any 4) now it is much harder to be fast enough to get as many seed teams as possible (or I use 5 Thanos, I win in one matcg and then I get sandboxed, cool :S).
    - Which then brings me to prices have not been updated properly. Now we play less rounds, so each fight should give more iso.
    - I also don't understand why points per victory have been reduced. Is this a bug? As someone said, it looks like we went back to the 50 points system.
    - And then because of that, progression rewards should also be updated, because now it is much harder to get to 250 or 500 (I think it is impossible to get to 500 right now).

Oh and a token just for the top2 is reaaaaally lame, I managed to be top5 a couple of times, but top2 is really hard, and an Elite token doesn't seem like a good reward for all this work.

This format had a lot of potential, but as is right now, I prefer the old LRs.

PS: Did I say that there has been a major reduction in ISO ? Ah ok, because this is a BIG DEAL!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree that the big ISO drop and the extra time needed to clear boosted 4* (even if she is just level 167) makes this worse. On the other hand - you can snipe brackets to get the tokens (and enjoy your 2* from them....). I say - back to the drawing boards.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just playing SLR and seeing some odd behavior.
    I started late, 20 mins remaining, no seeds, fight one player and then get a seed team, clear that seed, played the match after and get another seed

Why are seed teams being randomly inserted into queue now?
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    They've always been there, just the number of players active in these is changing it a little bit. I've started late on one before, skipped a few teams and gotten a seed teems. It's pretty infrequent, but I think it's worth sacrificing that initial +30 iso to hunt for them.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After playing a few of these and being a part of the original ones for 4hor, I'm underwhelmed by them.

Maybe it is that 4* Marvel is pretty good even with 1 cover each but even seed teams as a 4* roster feels very slow to play. In a game mode that rewards churning through games quickly, both playing from the start and trying to hop in one late wasn't worth the effort. Each match, I kept falling further and further behind in my bracket because 5* teams can blaze through seeds.

The original one for 4hor had a much more "you have a shot at first! kill those seeds!" fast-paced feel. This just feels like a slog.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm skeptical that pull rates are not lower for Fight and Flight tokens. I think I've opened about 25 (including 2 10 packs I bought like a dummy) and the only Capt Marvel is 2*
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm skeptical that pull rates are not lower for Fight and Flight tokens. I think I've opened about 25 (including 2 10 packs I bought like a dummy) and the only Capt Marvel is 2*

single tokens have 3.6% chance so you need to open 28 tokens. 3 more to go!!

if you got first in every SLR, you get 48 tokens, which is ~1.7 Carols. So anybody that gets even 1 Carol from these lightning rounds should consider it a success.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I bought a daily deal 10 pack yesterday on a whim cuz i have a pretty insane HP surplus...got 3 3*s (Hood, Mystique, She Hulk) and a yellow C4rol. Probably never going to buy tokens again, I'll never do better than that!
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    Options

Between a single 10 pack and multiple top finishes I've opened about 30, and will probably fall somewhere north of 40 by the end. Not one C4rol and hardly any 3*s.

Edit: Opened another 5 tokens this morning and finally nabbed a C4rol (Yellow). So all in all 1 out of somewhere between 35-40, which isn't the greatest but seems about true to the listed odds.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boy, what a dud Super LRs were.

A trickle of iso, a trickle of rewards. I was excited for these but things have changed so much from when these were run during the 1st Anniversary that it really fell flat.

Please adjust accordingly with many of the suggestions ideas given in this thread of don't bother bringing them back.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Options
    Yeah, another 10 pack and about 8 more tokens from 1st/2nd over the rest of the event and no C4rol. $$ Wasted!
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Huge disappintment from regular Lightning Rounds! I played maybe 2-3 on Tuesday and immediately gave up on it as a health pack sink. Lower rewards than normal LR's, longer matches, and smaller window to get seed teams. I tried joining a number of these within 5 minutes of start and got 0 seed matches. No way I'm going to waste even more health packs and time on a format that gives less rewards. Boo, D3! Sad!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If people are buying tokens, I think the developers will consider the experiment a success.
    Personally I prefer the old style of Lightning rounds, but I don't mind this format from time to time. Variety is the spice of life.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Options
    Well, I certainly have a case of "once bitten, twice shy" with purchasing this style of token. For sure will not do it again and not recommend it to anyone else either in alliance or forums.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fighting 4Carol became tedious at the end. However, I was able to add 3 covers to my champed Bagman
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course people were buying tokens. It's one of the best characters available in the game. Let's have a data check when it will be Venom or any other bottom feeder.

I see twofold solution to this - don't be shy with tokens (3 for top2, 2 for top 5 and 1 for top 10) and make it a vault. Rerun like this with CapM as a reward would net them loads more money but would also make players happy.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    If people are buying tokens, I think the developers will consider the experiment a success.
    Personally I prefer the old style of Lightning rounds, but I don't mind this format from time to time. Variety is the spice of life.

That is a stupid metric. Merely offering the fight and flight tokens again under any circumstances would have gotten some people (probably a lot of people) to buy tokens. Carol is a very strong new character and these tokens offer a a significantly better chance of pulling covers for her than any other source.

Judging the success of the SLRs by the performance of the token store is absurd.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, another 10 pack and about 8 more tokens from 1st/2nd over the rest of the event and no C4rol. $$ Wasted!
    Are you having realistic expectations with the stated odds?