• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My champed Carol loves this idea! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Can we make super LR all LR going forward! Each week a different buffed 4*. Just make sure they are not in the weekly buff list.

Lrs run for 48h from start to finish. Would be great if the middle 16h every week or something like that were made super LRs with a rotating 4*.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember enjoying these but...it's been soooooo long that I'll need to dip in to remind myself why.

Very much looking forward to this! A very welcome return.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    in-between seasons, day 2 of a 48 hour sub? finally time to play some lightning rounds!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My champed Carol loves this idea! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I want a champed Carol ;.;
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the only buffed Character is an essential that I only have one cover for?
    Z566HugU.gif
    may still try one or two..at worst easy ISO and the loaner was pretty good in her PvP
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am most excite for 20-man brackets. Very much excite.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems like a great new opportunity. I just wish I didn't work so I could actually participate in more LR icon_evil.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rich getting richer? Good design! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alsmir wrote:
    I don't really see this as "rich getting richer". The old Lightning round model handed out around 150 Heroic tokens to the entire player base, and each round easily had over 1000 participants. This model gives Elite tokens to the top 40% of the players - even if we assume only 1000 players participate in the entire Lightning round that's 400 Elite tokens being handed out. For the entire player base, that's a whole lot of more tokens being handed out (though I am going to miss getting two Heroics for a good finish).
    Being able to get the Carol tokens are going to depend a lot on who the other 19 people you get bracketed with are, to be sure, but I don't Think all the tokens will go to only top level players. And let's not forget that only 1 token in 25 are going to have a 4* Carol cover...
  • Maestro145
    Options
    Looking forward to Rulk LR icon_e_smile.gif

Fun through pain!
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    I don't really see this as "rich getting richer". The old Lightning round model handed out around 150 Heroic tokens to the entire player base, and each round easily had over 1000 participants. This model gives Elite tokens to the top 40% of the players - even if we assume only 1000 players participate in the entire Lightning round that's 400 Elite tokens being handed out. For the entire player base, that's a whole lot of more tokens being handed out (though I am going to miss getting two Heroics for a good finish).
    Being able to get the Carol tokens are going to depend a lot on who the other 19 people you get bracketed with are, to be sure, but I don't Think all the tokens will go to only top level players. And let's not forget that only 1 token in 25 are going to have a 4* Carol cover...

Sure, because I have great chances to beat 4* and 5* rosters with my 3* characters...
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Alsmir wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

Sure, because I have great chances to beat 4* and 5* rosters with my 3* characters...
    The only people you need to beat are the others in your bracket, scoring-wise. The players not in your bracket are irrelevant.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it's 20 people. Chances are you will be in the pool with 3* players like yourself. Then you will have to outgrind them. And in another one you might end up with 20 5* players. But your opponents will be from general pool, not the 20 you compete in the bracket. There is high probability that more players will take part in this exerciser compared to regular ones.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Coool maybe now i have some possibilities to get higher ranks
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    Coool maybe now i have some possibilities to get higher ranks

Yep! I think you'll rank way better than you normally do.

I'm sure you can get 20th place at least...Maybe better!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    12:30 PM Eastern Standard Time - no LR's yet?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    12:30 PM Eastern Standard Time - no LR's yet?

I've got a countdown on mine. Event in 17 minutes as of the time of this post.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Huh. Looks like they use the old score calculation with 25 points being the default instead of 38. Bummer.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, great way to start, very first match and the game freezes up on me icon_e_confused.gif