Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I still don't see them at all.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Great, past the feeder rounds and I'm fighting people not in my bracket. Stop calling it a bracket if I'd don't get to play any of them. It's just a random group of 20 you are comparing my score to. It looks like my normal simulator pool of enemies.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Far as I'm concerned all this hype is for nothing
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,560 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was excited about this... until I played.
    Still same issue as with regular LR: played 8 rounds and got only star.png rewards (was really hoping for at least one 2 star.png reward).

And I'm one of 4 people in my bracket who doesn't have a single 4 star.png champ, so we can forget about placement.

Probably great for the people who already dominate the PvP, but can't see it being popular with new(er) players.
  • DeadLegend
    DeadLegend Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This event doesn't really work when you think about it. Weak roster players wont be able to place in top 10 for the event due to there being no separation between High level rosters and low level roster. So you wind up getting the 70 ISO. So what's the difference than doing a regular lightening round? you make be top 200 but you still get the same reward with less effort. Again, putting max 4* and 5* rosters against 2* and 3* rosters mean they will just get there teeth kicked in. Even if you work super hard and come in 1st, its just a token that will most likely turn into a 2* character. This game mode I can see being very unpopular with beginner players as it will give them a false sense that they can compete.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alfje17 wrote:
    Still same issue as with regular LR: played 8 rounds and got only star.png rewards (was really hoping for at least one 2 star.png reward).

And I'm one of 4 people in my bracket who doesn't have a single 4 star.png champ, so we can forget about placement.

Probably great for the people who already dominate the PvP, but can't see it being popular with new(er) players.
    I have someone in my bracket who has all of the 5* champed except BP who "only" has 10 covers. There are several others with 5* champs as well, so I am SOL for a Carol token in this round with my puny roster. It's just luck of the draw, though. Even newer players should keep playing because there's always a chance you get an easier bracket.
  • Alfje17
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Alfje17 wrote:

I have someone in my bracket who has all of the 5* champed except BP who "only" has 10 covers. There are several others with 5* champs as well, so I am SOL for a Carol token in this round with my puny roster. It's just luck of the draw, though. Even newer players should keep playing because there's always a chance you get an easier bracket.

No worries, I'll still play a few more, heck I did 1600 LR battles in the last 3 months, just to get some reward statistics, so I'll try out this Super LR to get a feeling for it.

First impression though: this is not for new(er) players unless you like being pummeled by teams 200 levels above yours.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    all that work to get a token that yields a 2 star.png ... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The entire purpose of Lightning Rounds is to generate Iso.

This change is the exact opposite.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The purpose of this lightning round is to showcase how good Carol is, in case anyone wasn't scared of her still. I got a very good placement for the first go of this, using a champed Peggy, non maxed Star Lord, and loaner Carol.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I enjoyed it. Came in 2nd after a late hit came in just as time was expiring but was a fun couple of matches. Carol really is a must have.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I came, I played, it's not worth it. The only thing that makes me play the regular LR's is how fast the matches are.

An 8k carol in every match makes it slower.
    Less points per match makes progress slower.
    If there are two players with a maxed 5 in your bracket you're getting an elite token at best.

Thanks for trying something new though. Keep trying.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also not a fan. With this setup just give the double champ 5* players the iso & tokens and save us all a lot of time. The way it was worded made me think we were 20 random players duking it out (which seems fun) rather than same old, same old.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    why do they think any changes to LRs that result in less iso is a good idea. is there too much iso out there? really? the attempted shake-up is appreciated but nerfing the one reason 99% of us play LRs...that....sucks.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, matches seem to be worth less points across the board. Why was progression left unchanged?
  • Alfje17
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    why do they think any changes to LRs that result in less iso is a good idea. is there too much iso out there? really? the attempted shake-up is appreciated but nerfing the one reason 99% of us play LRs...that....sucks.

They more or less took away the star.pngstar.png rewards in LR since last month and now you get less ISO as all the battles take longer, so what's next: an entrance fee?
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    The only way these lightning rounds with featured 4 stars would be "super" is if:

- there was significantly more iso in progression and placement rewards
    - you were guaranteed a set amount of seed teams for joining at the beginning of the round
    - you received only 2-star covers (250 iso) or better for winning a match
    - you were paired with similar rosters in your bracket of 20
    - you were competing with only those 20 people
    - you actually got a 4 star cover for the featured character for getting 1st or 2nd place.

They need to even the playing field and not have us be attacked mercilessly by 5-star rosters and people outside of our bracket. In its current format, I'd rather save the time, health packs, and headache by spending $200 (which I don't have) of hp and draw 3 40-packs to take my chances with RNG for hopefully 5-6 c4rol covers. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I second what Infectious Yawn just said
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've played two so far, I kind of like it. Full disclosure, I've got a 452 Black Bolt (no other champed 5*s, but a fully covered Widow at 385.) First time I got 2, second time I got 13 because a slew of hits at the last moment. Pity that - but if I really want top 2 I should shield.

It's clear they're trying something different, which is neat. I'll say that the reward isn't particularly worth a lot, but it's nice to strive for. If I were them, I'd run it from time to time (still run the normal Lightning Rounds, that is, but sometimes sub this,) and update the placement and progression rewards - I'd increase the Iso at the very least, and maybe put in an Elite token at 250. Honestly, I'd do that for all the Lightning Rounds - everything else has gotten a boost for upper levels, they may as well key it to the middle of the road at least.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This feels like a downgrade. It feels like its also using the old PVP scoring format.

Less iso overall, 1 whole elite token, cant fight people in your bracket.

Nice try but this is not worth the time or effort.