Civil War side missions

124»

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge here's some free advice, when 1 boss is 450 you should not have to fight 3-6 guys at the same level to get to him

Boss 1x @450

Side missions 3-6x @435

Do you not understand the inequity?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    How is it that we have a thread like this where most folks are complaining about unfair scaling and then on the same forum page we have a congratulatory thread for alliances that completed both sides of the event by the sixth refresh? I'm going to assume those top alliances also have to deal with similar scaling bc their rosters are carrying multiple champed 5s. Is the trick having a diverse roster so you have any and all boosteds? Or are they using gimmick teams like winfinite or some new similar to clear faster than most of us and avoiding the final killer scaling jumps, post 6th refresh?

Its actually easier the earlier you finish. All it takes is everyone playing perfectly. I didn't lose a single round myself.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling went way too high on the subs way too soon. In the end I had to resorted to whaling the side missions, when I was trying to push for enough points to finish the current IM round (round 4 for our alliance). Good thing I had 600K of deadpool points saved up.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this time we had slightly more intermediate difficulty levels, but the main problems for these nodes remain.

- Difficulty tied to time not to what round you are on (this makes these events much much harder for casual alliances)
    - Hardest difficulty is way too high. In my case 446!!! 4s at that level are incredibly powerful! (It is slightly more than in normal PvE :S)
    - Essential nodes NOT using the level of the essential character for calculating difficulty (!!!!!) It is great to fight 450 4s with Ares or Squirrel Girl.
    - Selection of opponents. Nodes use the strongest 4s there are. When I had to fight a 5 I was happy! But, 450 level Iceman, Cyclops, Nova, Rhulk, Punisher, Jean, Chulk, etc, etc. ????
    - Survival nodes. Are you joking me? After fighting a first wave and barely surviving I have to fight 3 chars more?????

Every time is the same, a Boss Event is announced, I get exited! Then the event starts. First two days the event is really fun, on the third day I already have almost max scaling and nodes are crazy hard, on the last day I don't play as much as I could because it is a nightmare, not fun at all anymore. I get the Devs want this to be a challenge, but this is way too much!

I really don't understand why I have been playing this game for so long trying to get the best characters, when the game penalises me so hard for having a 5 roster. It is completely nuts.

PS: But hey, we are lucky! at least this was not Boss Rage were we had both nodes and bosses being completely crazy hard!!! It was just the nodes! icon_razz.gif
    PS: FIX THE STUPID SCALING !!!!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not complaining about max progression, I don't get there in any event. Just they way it's designed excludes players. We have people that want to contribute that can't because of the scaling who get really frustrated. For those of us that have a good enough roster to play it it becomes a slog because the side missions become tedious to get through to play the boss fight. The event loses it's fun when you struggle to get to the fight you actually want to do, and the rewards end up just not being worth it. We're around one refresh away from everyone stopping playing and just cursing out the developers for taking the fun out of it. They should implement shield levels or something. I would take a lesser prize any day to actually be able to play and enjoy the event.

When you consider how many more points a boss clear is worth than the sub missions, it seems pretty clear that their focus for doing the scaling should be on that part and also since the rewards are based per round, they should probably be scaling by that rather than purely time which will lock out those with lesser rosters far sooner.

It is in the dev's best interests to not do things that discourage their players from playing this game, they just need to strike the right balance of giving people something to do and not making it too easy for everyone to get max progression. Heck, they could even unlock the prologue again each time they run an alliance event, it would give players with lesser rosters and/or no organised alliance something to do.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see the issue tbh. I have 6 champed 4* and all my 3's champed and in an alliance of similar targets, 575 pvp rosters. We had 13-15 of the alliance going for it and got to where we should R8 with little trouble. We picked up 3 rhulk covers and one jessica. All the other alliances in the family got through it. There was no other pve running so using health packs wasn't the end of the world. Yeah I don't find nodes fun but did it cause anyone to fail to get the covers they wanted? Play until you hit the wall and then go do something more interesting instead.

The Christmas event is the only time I have seen anything positive about these events and that's because it was an absolute walk in the park for everyone. Get stuck in hit a realistic goal before the scaling gets high and walk away. I still hit max progress on one side with a day to go.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I laughed my **** off when I was presented with this last night.

ares_wave_node.jpg

I would have been glad to let Ares demostrate the "might" of Olympus to get its **** kicked with that scaling. I'm not sure any of Ares attacks would even make the enemy health bars register damage.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling was absolutely ridiculous by the end. Yet I emotionally powered through and managed to hit max prog on both sides, and my alliance got max prog on both sides as well. Go team! It was over lv 400 per enemy. And yeah the boss enemy was way easier than the side nodes.

I used a lot of health packs, and there was much cursing. Especially those horrible wave rounds! Had a tough time getting through the first wave? Well, here's a brand new set of enemies with full health and all the AP required to do multiple AOE attacks. Yay!

Let me just say that we were all furiously requesting TUs from each other left and right. I'd never seen my alliance request so many TUs! Which was a great way to farm XP. I hope they continue to do that, even in less trying times!
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    i laughed when i saw level 447 storm wave node (game was selecting 2* version all the time, not that it mattered since other one wasnt boosted, so they had the same health) and in the first wave was rulk.... and that wasnt the final scaling, final one i didnt even play as i already got my personal progression on both sides
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    elvy75 wrote:
    i laughed when i saw level 447 storm wave node (game was selecting 2* version all the time, not that it mattered since other one wasnt boosted, so they had the same health) and in the first wave was rulk.... and that wasnt the final scaling, final one i didnt even play as i already got my personal progression on both sides
    Yup, and for what? 500 iso8.png!
    So worth it
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The secret to my success for beating the awful wave nodes???

I beat the first wave, and then for the second wave, I just used 3pool's whales. I didn't have the energy to fight like crazy and then lose.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    madok wrote:
    I would have been glad to let Ares demostrate the "might" of Olympus to get its **** kicked with that scaling. I'm not sure any of Ares attacks would even make the enemy health bars register damage.

I know we'd all like changes to the scaling, but what if they just took out the required characters? What if you could use any team of three, but the scaling stays just as difficult? Would that mitigate any of the frustration?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I know we'd all like changes to the scaling, but what if they just took out the required characters? What if you could use any team of three, but the scaling stays just as difficult? Would that mitigate any of the frustration?

Not really. When you only have a couple champed 5*, that means you are still using packs after almost every fight. I was able to use my champ 5* widow on that node and I still wiped when the AI went crazy.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another point to consider - if you're running a 2* farm (which is not unlikely if you're seeing scaling that high), you're even more screwed if you just started a new cycle and your required 2* isn't even fully covered (here's looking at about 10 queued green covers for his 2* Wolverine 5/2/2. thanks RNG!). On the other hand, as I'm typing this I realize it might not even matter whether your Ares is 1/2/1 level 30 or 3/5/5 level 144 icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe one approach they could take as a bandaid with these nodes would be to lock out 5*s from 2* essentials and thus the scaling would be lowered, although given my roster is a 4* that still hated some of those evil wave nodes, maybe they just need to reduce scaling across the board on some of those nodes.