Civil War side missions

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Credit where due, thank you got dialing back the scaling curve on the side missions. In the last Galactus run my side missions were 328 at this reset, for Civil War they are 158

THANK YOU!

**Edit**
My side mission scaling curve

Galactus***************Civil War
1: 26=================26
2: 34=================34
3: 55=================55
4: 328>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>158
5: 343>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>278
6: 350<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<353
7: 357<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<406
8: 364<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<413
9: 372<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<421
10: 379<<<<<<<<<<<<<<428
11: 386<<<<<<<<<<<<<<435

This reset, 7, exceeded my highest side missions from the last boss event. I take back my thank you

While this event had a smoother scaling curve it ended higher, almost as high as the boss himself but facing 3-6 of them

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come back in 16-24hrs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    yeah, I don't think we're really far enough in yet to say whether or not they got it right
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'll scale up every 8 hours, don't worry.
  • fmftint
    edited February 2017
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    yeah, I don't think we're really far enough in yet to say whether or not they got it right
    At this reset for Galactus my side missions were 328, noon est, at the same time for CW they are 158. That's a huge reduction.

I will update at next reset in 7 hours

Side mission scaling curve
    Galactus
    Civil War
    1: 26__________ 26
    2: 34__________34
    3: 55__________55
    4: 328________158
    5: 343________278
    6: 350
    7:357
    8: 364
    9: 372
    10: 379
    11: 386
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'll make up for it by cranking them up to 5000.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    They'll make up for it by cranking them up to 5000.

They're over NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    JablesMc wrote:
    They're over NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!

dNQecn0z.jpg
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    5* Vegeta confirmed.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    bigsmooth wrote:
    5* Vegeta confirmed.

icon_lol.gif

Followed up by a *less Goku who just keeps getting better...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Son Goku, Kakarot ?????

The character's rarity increases at every third cover. He gains additional levels at each rarity increase, 14 at 2*, 25 at 3*, 30 at 4*, and 185 at 5* (at 3, 6, 9, and 12 covers respectively). Additionally, Goku is not leveled with ISO-8, but instead gains some experienced when used during a mission. Goku gains a much greater boost of experience when ending a battle under 10% health, even if downed.

Kamehameha redflag.png 10
    Goku focuses his energy into a mighty blast, hitting his target for 150/200/500/1200/1500 damage (depending on character's rarity)

Genki Dama blackflag.png 12
    Goku places a 5 turn countdown tile as he concentrates on gathering energy from his allies. Claims 5% of your roster's health and deals 40% of the total as damage to the enemy team.
    Rank 2: deals 50% of health drained.
    Rank 3: create a 4 turn countdown that deals 55% of health drained.
    Rank 4: deals 65% of health drained.
    Rank 5: create a 3 turn countdown that deals 75% of health drained as damage to enemy team.

Saiyan Warrior yellowflag.png 9
    The thrill of battle gets Goku excited! Place a 3 turn countdown tile on a selected basic tile that increases Goku match damage and the damage of Kamehameha by 10%. Deactivating this power increases the duration of the existing tile by 4 turns.
    Rank 2: Kaiyo Ken! Damage increase is 20%.
    Rank 3: Super Saiyan. Create a 4 turn countdown that increases damage by 30%.
    Rank 4: Ascended Saiyan. Damage increase is 40%. Reactivating increases duration by 5 turns and fortifies the existing tile.
    Rank 5: Super Saiyan God. Select any tile to become an unmatchable special tile that doesn't fall. While this tile exists, Goku's match damage and Kamahameha are increased by 45% and Genki Dama deals it's damage to the enemy team without damaging your roster. Reactivating this power destroys the special tile and the board, dealing 300% of the damage of all destroyed tiles to the enemy team, but not generating AP.

Sorry for not adding ranks to Kamehameha. It does more damage. Meh.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Son Goku, Kakarot
    words
    And this is what it looks like when you Champion him

0c05cbb942f2e6c4833bbff99ae4fab5.jpg

I mean...please stay on-topic! Although I like your creativity
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Dude. Round 3, side mission levels were <30. Round 4, they scaled up to around 50. Now, in round 5, they are at 160+. THAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID.

WHY the exponential growth in difficulty? Why not just a gradual progression? Scaling this quickly GUARANTEES that fewer people will play.

JUST. PLAIN. STUPID. (Like 90% of the decisions made by the game designers, who should all be fired!)
  • zodiac339
    The scaling is PVE scaling. Side missions at 1, 2, and 3 are trivial. Then it goes up to easy (and hopefully stays around there when it resets) and moves toward normal. If we see hard, that will hopefully be the last day.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    They're probably trying to discourage alliances from completing both sides.

At least they lowered the difficulty spike. Personally i think they shld keep side mission levels at Easy for the first 48hrs, Normal in the next 24 hrs and then Hard for the remainder of the event. But it may make it too easy for the top alliances to complete both sides.
  • fmftint
    latest reset jumped to 278, still lower than the same reset for Galactus 343
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ridiculous scaling is still ridiculous no matter how much spin you try to apply to it.

It just isn't fun and for how much I pay for this game, I except it to be not grueling.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    The scaling is PVE scaling. Side missions at 1, 2, and 3 are trivial. Then it goes up to easy (and hopefully stays around there when it resets) and moves toward normal. If we see hard, that will hopefully be the last day.

Yeah, except it doesn't work that way. The scaling is based on time.

So if you focus on one team during the event then leap into round 1 of the other side, you'll face the exact same scaling.
  • zodiac339
    I didn't mean 1, 2, and 3 as Boss rounds, but as sub mission resets. I don't think it's ever worked by rounds, which is a real shame when people have things they have to do. What would be best for sub missions would be if it were based on the number of sub missions you've done rather than round or time. Then, a person coming in after a day has already passed will see the initial, trivial scaling, rather than the easy/normal scaling of players who played through everything.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    ....aaaand we're up to 353.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I'm there at lvl 353 now. I would say one thing though - they may have a lot of health but they seem largely under-powered.

If you look at the actual stats on some of these high-level characters they don't do the sort of damage they would if they were fully covered/built optimally.

Easy to moan, but I think you'll find if you fight them they're not so bad.