Civil War side missions

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no trouble with them, just stating facts icon_e_smile.gif
    I'll end with 440+ anyway.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The teamups I get from the fights seem to indicate the characters are undercovered, they are pretty weak.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wish they would remove the nodes, I don't actually enjoy boss battles because of them. If they gave more points in progress fair enough but I'd rather there was something else or they just gave you six or seven shots at the boss every 8 hours. Even if they made the bosses harder. Waking up in the night to get your clear in and have to do the nodes is the worst thing about boss events for me icon_e_biggrin.gif

I also wish they would run a standard 3 day pve when it's on, I would have given this a miss then as the rewards don't interest me that much.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the best solution would be to give many more points when the difficulty starts to go higher, in the last day nodes should be worth 10k for normal and 20k for survival. This way at least they would be meaningful, and not just a pain in the ****.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Credit where due, thank you got dialing back the scaling curve on the side missions. In the last Galactus run my side missions were 328 at this reset, for Civil War they are 158

THANK YOU!

**Edit**
    My side mission scaling curve
      Galactus***************Civil War 1: 26=================26 2: 34=================34 3: 55=================55 4: 328>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>158 5: 343>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>278 6: 350 7:357 8: 364 9: 372 10: 379 11: 386

This really is great news. I'm a little saddened by the amount of jump in rounds 4 and 5 but I'm 100% okay with the end result still being around the same. Below is a curve that feels a whole lot more natural but results in just about the same struggle for those final points.
    1 - 10
    2 - 30
    3 - 60
    4 - 100
    5 - 140
    6 - 180
    7 - 220
    8 - 260
    9 - 300
    10 - 340
    11 - 380
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Kaazz wrote:
    Dude. Round 3, side mission levels were <30. Round 4, they scaled up to around 50. Now, in round 5, they are at 160+. THAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID.

WHY the exponential growth in difficulty? Why not just a gradual progression? Scaling this quickly GUARANTEES that fewer people will play.

JUST. PLAIN. STUPID. (Like 90% of the decisions made by the game designers, who should all be fired!)
    This scaling system is a whole other level of stupid.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Every time they do one of these boss events the whole alliance gets excited for them. Then by the second day we all end up hating it because they are so stupidly designed. It's a casual alliance so we have players that haven't been around for too long that get upset because everything scales beyond them before they can play a single match. Since some of us actually have a life and won't play around the clock these side battles scale to the point of being tedious before we even get to the good rewards so everyone plays less and less and we limp to the finish line getting one of the 4* covers which is useless to a least a quarter of the alliance.

Oh, and since they keep running these during the seasons it just screws everyone up that plays pvp

I'm at the point where I wish they would just stop running them
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Waking up in the night to get your clear in and have to do the nodes is the worst thing about boss events for me icon_e_biggrin.gif

Or you could do it when you wake up? Sometimes I think I take this game to seriously... then I read things like this and think I'm doing pretty well.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Every time they do one of these boss events the whole alliance gets excited for them. Then by the second day we all end up hating it because they are so stupidly designed. It's a casual alliance so we have players that haven't been around for too long that get upset because everything scales beyond them before they can play a single match. Since some of us actually have a life and won't play around the clock these side battles scale to the point of being tedious before we even get to the good rewards so everyone plays less and less and we limp to the finish line getting one of the 4* covers which is useless to a least a quarter of the alliance.

Oh, and since they keep running these during the seasons it just screws everyone up that plays pvp

If you're a casual alliance then I wouldn't expect to saunter through to max progression.

If you don't like it, just don't play it. Maybe try to build your rosters to a point where you can give it a better go next time.
  • Tony_Foot
    chaos01 wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Waking up in the night to get your clear in and have to do the nodes is the worst thing about boss events for me icon_e_biggrin.gif

Or you could do it when you wake up? Sometimes I think I take this game to seriously... then I read things like this and think I'm doing pretty well.

You have played a match 3 game for over 1000 days, likely put money into a game that you wouldn't pay £5 for if it was on a console. Let's not get into a Epeen competition on who is the saddest **** icon_lol.gif
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Rod5 wrote:

If you're a casual alliance then I wouldn't expect to saunter through to max progression.

If you don't like it, just don't play it. Maybe try to build your rosters to a point where you can give it a better go next time.

Not complaining about max progression, I don't get there in any event. Just they way it's designed excludes players. We have people that want to contribute that can't because of the scaling who get really frustrated. For those of us that have a good enough roster to play it it becomes a slog because the side missions become tedious to get through to play the boss fight. The event loses it's fun when you struggle to get to the fight you actually want to do, and the rewards end up just not being worth it. We're around one refresh away from everyone stopping playing and just cursing out the developers for taking the fun out of it. They should implement shield levels or something. I would take a lesser prize any day to actually be able to play and enjoy the event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Credit where due, thank you got dialing back the scaling curve on the side missions. In the last Galactus run my side missions were 328 at this reset, for Civil War they are 158

THANK YOU!

**Edit**
    My side mission scaling curve
      Galactus***************Civil War 1: 26=================26 2: 34=================34 3: 55=================55 4: 328>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>158 5: 343>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>278 6: 350 7:357 8: 364 9: 372 10: 379 11: 386

This really is great news. I'm a little saddened by the amount of jump in rounds 4 and 5 but I'm 100% okay with the end result still being around the same. Below is a curve that feels a whole lot more natural but results in just about the same struggle for those final points.
    1 - 10
    2 - 30
    3 - 60
    4 - 100
    5 - 140
    6 - 180
    7 - 220
    8 - 260
    9 - 300
    10 - 340
    11 - 380
    oh what I would give for nodes that stop at 380.

We're at 432 now.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    These threads always crack me up. Someone posts thanking the devs barely a day into the event, then boom, lvl 400 on the next day. icon_lol.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Level 427 wave node where we're forced to use a 2* character... it's as bad as PvE used to be on the 2* essential node. That Hawkeye node was MURDER!!!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I would take a lesser prize any day to actually be able to play and enjoy the event.

Let's get a little perspective here. The boss events have zero story, and involve grinding the exact same node literally dozens of times, and essentially nothing else. If it weren't for the prizes, there'd be nothing to see here. Fighting IM/Cap isn't so fun that I'd be happy to go for it a tenth time without a significant gameplay reason, let alone a fiftieth.

I really, really like the idea of cooperative play to achieve better prizes, and I think the implementation here is really close to fun, but take away the achievement involved with the prize factor and it becomes impossible to actually make the design interesting anymore. It has to have stuff as you rise that 20 random different people will all be willing to cooperate to get. Even one person giving the event a miss makes it significantly harder.

(I say this a commander of a public alliance that is usually happy to even get everyone to play one match, or even to join the event at all. Cracking round 5 is a significant achievement for the 4* cover everyone gets. If that prize were even slightly worse, say, 15 CP or something, the lack of interest in the event would dominate anyone who actually wants to try, and it would be unplayable.)
  • whycantwesyncpc
    I would take a lesser prize any day to actually be able to play and enjoy the event.

Let's get a little perspective here. The boss events have zero story, and involve grinding the exact same node literally dozens of times, and essentially nothing else. If it weren't for the prizes, there'd be nothing to see here. Fighting IM/Cap isn't so fun that I'd be happy to go for it a tenth time without a significant gameplay reason, let alone a fiftieth.

I really, really like the idea of cooperative play to achieve better prizes, and I think the implementation here is really close to fun, but take away the achievement involved with the prize factor and it becomes impossible to actually make the design interesting anymore. It has to have stuff as you rise that 20 random different people will all be willing to cooperate to get. Even one person giving the event a miss makes it significantly harder.

(I say this a commander of a public alliance that is usually happy to even get everyone to play one match, or even to join the event at all. Cracking round 5 is a significant achievement for the 4* cover everyone gets. If that prize were even slightly worse, say, 15 CP or something, the lack of interest in the event would dominate anyone who actually wants to try, and it would be unplayable.)

That's not what I meant. I'm not saying take away the big prize, just let things be adjustable. Reduce some of the progression rewards in exchange for lower scaling on the side missions. By now half our alliance can't play due to the scaling. They can give cap a shot one time and then have to wait 8 hours for another. That is why a lot aren't even bothering. Maybe have that final reward scale as well for each player, as for someone early in the game a 4* is useless and a waste of a roster spot. Instead of again and again with the garbage scaling that turns people off and drives everyone but the hard core from playing maybe make an attempt to actually make the event playable for new players/casuals. It's hard to contribute and feel like you are a part of it when everything is too difficult before you even play your first match.

I'm thinking more along the line of being able to have the side mission scale lower but give 250 iso instead of 500 and things like that, not take away the end goal. I agree that without the big prize it's not worth playing, and even with the big prize it starts to feel not worth it by the end when the side missions get 2-3 times tougher than the actual boss.
  • Tony_Foot
    Akari wrote:
    Level 427 wave node where we're forced to use a 2* character... it's as bad as PvE used to be on the 2* essential node. That Hawkeye node was MURDER!!!

Haha you are not wrong, even worse when for some reason it auto selects the worst of my 2 star hawkeye farm and I don't notice. Ended up trashing two of my A team before I realised.

Still on the face of it, I am in R8 have 20k to go before I hit full progression as a 3 star player, only 5x4* champs and the only boss fight I lost was because I forgot to heal my main toon before hitting start. So started with 30k health less than I should have. I have lost quite a few node fights though.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    She-Hulk survival node: level 297
    Ares survival node: level 305

WHY IS THE 2* ESSENTIAL NODE 8 LEVELS HIGHER
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because Ares is a better character than She Hulk lol
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    Because icon_ares.png is a good god of war and therefore a badass.
    But seriously, yeah that node was tough took me two tries which wasted my last 3 healthpackbig.png whixh left me with a second string team for the boss fight. Ended up using icon_deadpool.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngpurpleflag.png form a tutile.png to beat icon_captainamerica.png