Civil War side missions

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    cubnad wrote:
    Because icon_ares.png is a good god of war and therefore a badass.
    But seriously, yeah that node was a **** took me two tries which wasted my last 3 healthpackbig.png which left me with a second string team for the boss fight. Ended up using icon_deadpool.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngpurpleflag.png form a tutile.png to beat icon_captainamerica.png

It ended up not being so bad. I had Hulkbuster and Kamala Khan along. Khan took an owie from Spider-Gwen. Didn't kill her, thankfully. Hulkbuster punched the major threats to death.

My Cap team has been Teen Jean/Star-Lord/IM40. They come out to play for the boss node, and then I put together other teams for the side nodes.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    The scaling is stupid enough, but making us use a 2* on a wave node of level 400+ characters is just evil.....

Any nodes with a 2* required character should be reduced - like they are in every other PVE....

The wave nodes need to go away in later rounds period. The side nodes being harder than the boss makes nosense already, but at least it's "tolerable" - the wave nodes are just brutal and pointless, given they offer the same prize as the regular nodes.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    rbdragon wrote:
    The scaling is stupid enough, but making us use a 2* on a wave node of level 400+ characters is just evil.....

Any nodes with a 2* required character should be reduced - like they are in every other PVE....

The wave nodes need to go away in later rounds period. The side nodes being harder than the boss makes nosense already, but at least it's "tolerable" - the wave nodes are just brutal and pointless, given they offer the same prize as the regular nodes.
    You're absolutely right, the difficulty of the side missions is much too high!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:

Wave nodes are normally at a lower level, reflecting the increased number of enemies, just as nodes with 2 enemies (think "Business Partners") or even 1 enemy (vs Hulk in "The Hulk") are usually at a higher level.

... and they were in Civil War through the first three refreshes, IIRC.

For some stupid reason, on refresh 3 on, the waves nodes are the same level as the other nodes.

I assume the stupid reason is, "Oops."

No, I think the reason is the cap per player level.
    Probably the ceiling for the wave nodes is still lower than for the normal side nodes.
    I'm assuming normal nodes would go to 480+ and waves to 460+ or so - but since 99% of the population isn't running 550s, all fights top out at 440 for us.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    cubnad wrote:
    But seriously, yeah that node was a **** took me two tries which wasted my last 3 healthpackbig.png which left me with a second string team for the boss fight. Ended up using icon_deadpool.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngpurpleflag.png form a tutile.png to beat icon_captainamerica.png

It ended up not being so bad. I had Hulkbuster and Kamala Khan along. Khan took an owie from Spider-Gwen. Didn't kill her, thankfully. Hulkbuster punched the major threats to death.

My Cap team has been Teen Jean/Star-Lord/IM40. They come out to play for the boss node, and then I put together other teams for the side nodes.

First time I left icon_spidergwen.png last and she kept stunning me with her purpleflag.png & punching me with redflag.png slowing my offence and doing some damage. Then 1st move of wave 2 icon_iceman.png his greenflag.png killed me. Needless to say that didn't happen 2nd time.

I've been using icon_shehulk.pngicon_ghostrider.png and 3 star.pngicon_ms_marvel.png for the boss fight. Keep icon_ms_marvel.png in front and icon_captainamerica.png will activate her yellowflag.png with his match damage. Pretty easy to collect enough blacktile.png to use icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png twice
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was slightly surprised to see that for the last 2 survival nodes on cap side, the second round were all minions which can't use the gathered ap.

that made it slightly easier.

but god damn, going through 50k heros on first wave is too damn difficult.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    No point in even touching the wave nodes now, 2 vs 6 at these levels is just insane.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:

This annoys me the most! This is something we have expressed in the past a thousand times, and Devs keep ignoring it. Basically because they test a **** in the upper difficulty levels. It is super fun having to fight a 446 Rhulk with Ares or any of the other 2s.

Then Devs keep using the best 4s in these nodes. Nova, Iceman, Rhulk, Punisher are some of the 4s I keep fighting all the time. And I don't know how many times I will have to say it, but a 446 level Iceman is stronger than any 450 5. Nova's red was doing 20k damage and sending my chars airbone fir two turns! For 6 red AP! How is this comparable to SS 7AP red that does 10k damage?!!??
  • Agreed. The mission scaling got stupid with a day an a half to go in the event. I've got 11 championed 4-stars and I've decided to just do the boss missions as they refresh. The side missions are no fun (which is why we're all here).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well.
    Obviously regular PVE is too easy, because the side nodes didn't stop at 440.
    Up to 454 now.

Congratulations, Demiurge.
    How about finally at least pretending to test scaling for high level rosters?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder how Brigby enjoyed playing this scaling? I seriously hope he's drawn a few 5*s with his baby roster and can see what the rest of us are seeing
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Probably the ceiling for the wave nodes is still lower than for the normal side nodes.
    I'm assuming normal nodes would go to 480+ and waves to 460+ or so - but since 99% of the population isn't running 550s, all fights top out at 440 for us.

Nope. Both my accts capped out scaling wise yesterday. The waves were same level as other nodes before and after each acct. Hit their caps.

And it all continues to creep up. 227 across the board for my alt, 418 for my main.
    To top it all off the wave nodes are worth the exact same points. 3@428 for 8300 or 6@428 for 8300

FUN
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    What I don't understand is why the devs will make absolutely zero effort to address these universally HATED scaling increases when it would take them zero effort to fix it. Why do they intentionally anger and give bad customer service in this regard? It's pretty baffling. Stop being mean about this and let us play. I can't beat these side nodes anymore and thus I was done with this "event" a day early.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    cubnad wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    cubnad wrote:

First time I left icon_spidergwen.png last and she kept stunning me with her purpleflag.png & punching me with redflag.png slowing my offence and doing some damage. Then 1st move of wave 2 icon_iceman.png his greenflag.png killed me. Needless to say that didn't happen 2nd time.

I've been using icon_shehulk.pngicon_ghostrider.png and 3 star.pngicon_ms_marvel.png for the boss fight. Keep icon_ms_marvel.png in front and icon_captainamerica.png will activate her yellowflag.png with his match damage. Pretty easy to collect enough blacktile.png to use icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png twice

Is thus one of those kids books that uses little pictures in place of words?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Hulkbuster, Rulk, and Quake in the 2nd round of a wave node where I had to roll with Squirrel Girl. Outrageous level scaling notwithstanding, why is that comp even in existence much less in a wave node?
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Yes side missions still scale way too fast. By 2nd day I am facing level 300+ mobs in single waves and 280s in multiple waves. Which basically meant for my team that waves were impossible and I might beat the occasional single wave but anything beyond that is not possible. Meanwhile the Boss missions are still easy.

IMHO Impossible battles shouldn't be come up ever. This is not a competition for money or something this is supposed to be FUN. Losing consistently is not FUN. Not being able to play for 2 days is not FUN.

I realize some people want severe challenges but they need to answer that need the way other games do. With separate areas that allow you to select extra tough fights for better rewards. I hate scaling in this game a lot. Being punished for success undermines the purpose of the game. Why they can't just match rewards to difficulty like other games and let you choose your difficulty, I don't know.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    i was slightly surprised to see that for the last 2 survival nodes on cap side, the second round were all minions which can't use the gathered ap.

that made it slightly easier.

but tiny kitty, going through 50k heros on first wave is too damn difficult.

i take back what i said. Having IMHB, Quake and Rulk in the second wave of Squirrel Girl survival node was absolutely evil.

The dev must hate SG.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I hate the high scaling as much as everyone else in this thread but all those nodes can be beaten with standard three star cheese. Steve, IM40, Kamala, Cyclops, Punisher. Steve in particular is your workhorse. If you play it right, even those second waves won't matter because he'll stunlock them to death.

Now, if you are one of those poor guys with a couple of champed five stars then I feel your pain. I keep my roster balanced so I can actually use anyone if needed.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Akari wrote:
    Level 427 wave node where we're forced to use a 2* character... it's as bad as PvE used to be on the 2* essential node. That Hawkeye node was MURDER!!!

Three star Blade and Professor X owned that node for me. Just make sure you target She-Hulk first and Spider-man last.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    How is it that we have a thread like this where most folks are complaining about unfair scaling and then on the same forum page we have a congratulatory thread for alliances that completed both sides of the event by the sixth refresh? I'm going to assume those top alliances also have to deal with similar scaling bc their rosters are carrying multiple champed 5s. Is the trick having a diverse roster so you have any and all boosteds? Or are they using gimmick teams like winfinite or some new similar to clear faster than most of us and avoiding the final killer scaling jumps, post 6th refresh?