Howard the Duck Event Schedule *Updated (1/26/17)

124»

Comments

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Teskal wrote:
    Hi, how often do we have duck season (or Devil Dinosaur)?

I was little disappointed that the duck season does not have it's own story line.

Webbed Wonder does have it's own story line. It's Spidey and Howard looking for Aunt May.

Devil Dino only gets events during the anniversary, so once a year.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far they seem to have run Webbed Wonder with about 5 month intervals I Think. The first run was in April, the second in September, and now February. So possibly a fourth run in July sometime?
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: In the last mission of the third day of Webbed Wonder Story Event, a cover of Howard the Duck is the first mission reward. This has historically been a static cover, however the developers have now implemented a way to give a random Howard the Duck cover.
    Can we see which color we´ll get before the missions starts or are we going to take potluck with RNG?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    While it is nice that they are giving out a 4* for less than T10, he is a special gimmick character that is not regularly in the tokens, was it really necessary to also treat the chance of getting his covers out of the Venom Bomb tokens as if he was also a new character too? For a character that isn't available for most of the year, surely you could have eased things up a bit and given a much higher chance than the pitiful 0.1% that his covers have in those tokens?

If they are treating it like a new character, it should be the tokens from his pvp that have a higher rate.

My point was that just increasing his availability slightly in the pve placements is an insufficient move for them to be making with a character that is so rarely available, when him or devil dino show up the devs should be encouraging people to keep these characters in their roster by giving them out at a high rate, they generally manage to do that with Dino but for some reason have decided against it with Howard.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    My point was that just increasing his availability slightly in the pve placements is an insufficient move for them to be making with a character that is so rarely available, when him or devil dino show up the devs should be encouraging people to keep these characters in their roster by giving them out at a high rate, they generally manage to do that with Dino but for some reason have decided against it with Howard.

Maybe it's because Howard is actually usable.
    Mainly because of his Invisibility and Stun, I'd use Howard over these 4 Stars:
    - Carnage = MASSIVE self damage = terrible
    - Devil Dinosaur =joke character, others do what he does WAY better
    - Drax = Purple is brutal with ends the turn (and he himself can't even use it!), other powers hard to use correctly
    - Mr. Fantastic = Worst 4 star character in the game
    - Punisher - Max = HATE team stun
    - Ironheart = All around awful, rivaling Mr. Fan for worst 4 Star
    - Sam Wilson -Captain Falcon = Lone damage power too expensive
    - Spider-Gwen = Her yellow is the worst power in the entire game, lone damage power too expensive
    - Venom - Agent Venom = Self AP drain AND self damage = terrible
    - Wasp = Self AP drain = terrible, high requirements to activate a fairly weak Blue passive
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: In the last mission of the third day of Webbed Wonder Story Event, a cover of Howard the Duck is the first mission reward. This has historically been a static cover, however the developers have now implemented a way to give a random Howard the Duck cover.

Players keep asking for "colorless"....this is not colorless. This is another chance for RNG to mess you up. If you are 3/3/5 if the color was set and you didn't need it, you wouldn't feel it necessary to go for it. Now you might go for it, and get more annoyed than You ever would have.

Any chance of getting true "colorless" covers implemented? [Soon, asks my 1/5/0 GG with another purple coming up quickly?]
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Please add a Howard clash too!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Howard vs. PunMax was an awesome "puzzle" clash. Please run it again! You can add a second Clash node like you did before!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:

Please don't be purple, please don't be purple, please don't be purple is what ill be murmuring for at least 3 days. Perhaps only for about 10 mins actually lets not get carried away
  • The Viceroy Returns
    Yoik wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Please don't be purple, please don't be purple, please don't be purple is what ill be murmuring for at least 3 days. Perhaps only for about 10 mins actually lets not get carried away

At least the Howard cover in progression for Webbed Wonder is Blue. Agreed that Purple is clearly his "Common" cover.
    In my case, after Venom Bomb is over, mine will have 5 Purple, and will be 3 1 5. So any other Purples I'll get during the rest of the Howard related events will most likely be wasted.
    Hopefully I can manage to find a combination of 3 more Green & Blue covers from here on out (not counting the Webbed Wonder progression cover), or at the very least not another Purple.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    howard_icon.pngPlease keep the conversation on topic of the OP. Thanks! howard_icon.png
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anthing been announced about webbed wonder vaults? Usually they have some enhanced vault option during duck season?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    The Webbed Wonder vault should be spitting out Howard covers like the Anniversary vault did with Dino.
  • Quebbster
    Phumade wrote:
    Has anthing been announced about webbed wonder vaults? Usually they have some enhanced vault option during duck season?
    They did when Howard was first released in April, but not during the rerun in August. Wouldn't expect one this time.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    Quebbster wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    They did when Howard was first released in April, but not during the rerun in August. Wouldn't expect one this time.

My Webbed Wonder vault has a single Purple Howard cover...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

My Webbed Wonder vault has a single Purple Howard cover...
    Yes, it's a standard PvE vault.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's quite apt that during Webbed Wonder they're proving yet again that they really are as tight as a duck's bum.