Howard the Duck Event Schedule *Updated (1/26/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Quack, Quack. Howard the Duck is back!
HowardTheDuckWallpaper3.jpg
*Ok. I get it, Howard. Bad joke.*

All terribly-constructed-jokes aside, players will once again get the chance to earn him in the following events below:

Howard the Duck Event Schedule
Venom Bomb - Earn Howard [T100]
(Thu, January 26, 7am – Tue, January 31, 2am)

Webbed Wonder - Howard in the Vault
(Mon, January 30, 7am – Fri, February 3, 2am)

*Update: In the last mission of the third day of Webbed Wonder Story Event, a cover of Howard the Duck is the first mission reward. This has historically been a static cover, however the developers have now implemented a way to give a random Howard the Duck cover.

Fowl Play - Howard PvP
(Thu, February 2, 8pm – Mon, February 6, 3am)

This schedule will also be included in the MPQ Sneak Peek for January 2017: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56756

Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Yay, I get a break from caring about the game. icon_razz.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fortunately I already have Howard Rostered this time
    Venom Bomb is kinda meh
    with Daken featured that means him and X-23 will be healing a lot, though
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool. I missed the last two times it ran. Glad I can finally check it out!

Edit: Actually what do you mean by "Earn Howard" in Venom Bomb. Will he be T100 placement or the standard T10?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh yeah!!! I have him at 11 covers! Hopefully I can champion him!!!!!!!!

I'll be spending my HP on tokens like whoa!!!!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh good. I'm always looking for an excuse to skip Venom Bomb.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huzzah! Finally another chance at Howard the Duck covers!

Would this be a good time to bring up how **** it is that he and Devil Dino are so hard to acquire? Add them to the rotation already.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Huzzah! Finally another chance at Howard the Duck covers!

Would this be a good time to bring up how tinykitty it is that he and Devil Dino are so hard to acquire? Add them to the rotation already.
    meh neither are good characters (especially dino after his recent pointless nerf) they can just remain rare and moldy old carrots for people to be excited to chase after when events are going on that offer them.

it's far better for everyone involved if **** characters like them aren't in the rotation diluting the already very diluted pool of covers even more.
  • Brigby

Edit: Actually what do you mean by "Earn Howard" in Venom Bomb. Will he be T100 placement or the standard T10?
    EDIT: Howard's event will be treated like a new release event, so he will be given out to the top 100 people per leaderboard.

Sorry for the confusion everyone!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will there also be a Howard Crash of the Titans?
  • Punisher5784
    edited January 2017
    Brigby wrote:

EDIT: Howard's event will be treated like a new release event, so he will be given out to the top 100 people per leaderboard.

He's a limited character, why would he be T10? That means I won't be able to play Webbed Wonder since I won't have him for the essential.

Can someone clarify if he was rewarded for the T100 the second time Duck Season ran?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    All hail the mighty Howard!

Huzzah!

Hooray!

Waugh!
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    The better question is whether we'll still get the Howard cover at the end of the last day of Webbed Wonder, which would mean we have a chance at 2 Howard covers just for playing it (the other being the 4* progression reward).
  • Brigby
    He's a limited character, why would he be T10? That means I won't be able to play Webbed Wonder since I won't have him for the essential.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but since Venom Bomb is scheduled to be before Webbed Wonder, wouldn't earning him in Venom Bomb allow you to use him in that next event?

Also, since Howard is a 4-Star character, wouldn't he pretty much always be a T10 reward, provided you're at a high enough SCL to earn 4-Stars?

Edit: After speaking with the developers, Howard's event will be treated like a new release event, so he will be given out to the top 100 people per leaderboard
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    Can someone clarify if he was rewarded for the T100 the second time Duck Season ran?
    Top 100 from a Simulator run the second time.
    Placement rewards:
    1-2: howard_icon.pngblueflag.png + rewards for 2-5
    3-10: howard_icon.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png ,1500 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
    11-20 howard_icon.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png ,1500 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
    21-50: howard_icon.pnggreenflag.png ,1000 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
    51-100: howard_icon.pnggreenflag.png ,1000 iso8big.png, 25 heropointsbig.png
    101-200: icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png , 500 iso8big.png, 25 heropointsbig.png
    201-300: icon_thor.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8big.png
    301-400: icon_thor.pngredflag.png , 250 iso8big.png
    401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8big.png
    501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8big.png
    601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8big.png
    801-1000: 250 iso8big.png
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=49303
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Howard was treated as a new release (rewarded to top 100) the second Duck season too. Since he's difficult to get, a little generosity when he is available is encouraged.
    My Howard is 3/2/5, so I hope the green and blue covers are easier to get this time...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but since Venom Bomb is scheduled to be before Webbed Wonder, wouldn't earning him in Venom Bomb allow you to use him in that next event?

Also, since Howard is a 4-Star character, wouldn't he pretty much always be a T10 reward, provided you're at a high enough SCL to earn 4-Stars?

Yes, he'll be available via Venom Bomb.

But no, he's not T10. Compare to last time, where Simulator was the event run before Webbed Wonder. Available in t100.

Howard gets treated like a new release each time he's available (granted, it's only been twice so far, third with the upcoming event) because he's impossible to get otherwise.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

'normal' 4* character rules sometimes apply to dino and howard, and sometimes not. they cannot be obtained via normal tokens or outside duck season or anniversary. that is why the question was asked. for players pining for Howie covers, 1% distribution could seem a bit stingy when you can't cover him any other way.
  • Punisher5784
    edited January 2017
    Brigby wrote:

Brigby, I am sure you are aware how difficult it is placing T10 so this would mean I wouldn't win him and I would have to wait until Webbed Wonder to earn him in progression but since he's a limited character, why even bother? I'm not trying to argue with you, but you'll understand our frustrations the more you play and advance through the game. Anyways, Kobalt provided that Howard was awarded for the T100 placement so I am hoping this would continue.

Edit: Thank you Brigby for confirming Howard is T100. Sorry for the outburst. I get cranky sometimes lol
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Anyone remember how big the Webbed Wonder vault was and how many Howard covers were in it?
  • Brigby
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. Seems I need to brush up on my knowledge of MPQ's reward system. icon_e_confused.gif

Howard's event will be treated like a new release event, so he will in fact be given out to the top 100 people per leaderboard.