Howard the Duck Event Schedule *Updated (1/26/17)

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    Mine is 3 1 4, so the chances are very high I'll have to trash a cover unless they are kind and make Blue the "common" cover.
    We'll see it goes with placement and such. It would be a mean Move to make the t100 reward in the first PVE and the placement cover in the PVE right after it the same color.
    I know they claim that cover placement is random, but it sure doesn't feel like it. If it is, the algorithm should be "the top and lowest covers can't be the same twice in a row".
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why couldn't it be an event that ended on Sunday night? I'm working when the event ends =(
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My 1/1/2 Howard is looking forward to some love, even if only to make his DDQ easier when it comes around. I have a purple cover coming from daily drops in a few days and then my 6th OML yellow in a couple weeks. What are the chances customer service would be bros and trade that out for me? I would likely literally puke if I had to sell a OML but my 1/5/0 stands no chance.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    While it is nice that they are giving out a 4* for less than T10, he is a special gimmick character that is not regularly in the tokens, was it really necessary to also treat the chance of getting his covers out of the Venom Bomb tokens as if he was also a new character too? For a character that isn't available for most of the year, surely you could have eased things up a bit and given a much higher chance than the pitiful 0.1% that his covers have in those tokens?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    While it is nice that they are giving out a 4* for less than T10, he is a special gimmick character that is not regularly in the tokens, was it really necessary to also treat the chance of getting his covers out of the Venom Bomb tokens as if he was also a new character too? For a character that isn't available for most of the year, surely you could have eased things up a bit and given a much higher chance than the pitiful 0.1% that his covers have in those tokens?
    I just mentioned that in SSOLU.
    That's the stingiest of stingies.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Word,
    Ebenezer Demurge is having christmas in january.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Screw Howard. I'm playing down this week and hopefully I'll get a Captain Marvel cover I can actually use.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Why even run a Duck "season" without the Duck PVE to break up the regular PVE routine?

Oh, and having the guranteed duck node in it doesn't hurt things....

Also, like others have mentioned, why not also have a Duck Clash while it's running?

Erm, "Webbed Wonder" is Howard's special PVE, that's how's it called.

TY, for some reason I was thinking that was the PVP.

Now, someone remind me - what color does that PVE final node give?

I ask because they are releasing Purple for "release" -again-....with three purple already rostered and one coming soon in a daily drop, I'm wondering if I can just skip the (worst PVE) Venom Bomb....
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Why even run a Duck "season" without the Duck PVE to break up the regular PVE routine?

Oh, and having the guranteed duck node in it doesn't hurt things....

Also, like others have mentioned, why not also have a Duck Clash while it's running?

Erm, "Webbed Wonder" is Howard's special PVE, that's how's it called.

TY, for some reason I was thinking that was the PVP.

Now, someone remind me - what color does that PVE final node give?

I ask because they are releasing Purple for "release" -again-....with three purple already rostered and one coming soon in a daily drop, I'm wondering if I can just skip the (worst PVE) Venom Bomb....
    It was Purple in the first run and blue in the second. Hopefully it will be a green one this time. There should also be a blue cover as a progression reward.
    The PvP progression cover was green the first time and blue the second time, so it's presumably Purple this time.
    I really hope I can get enough covers to champion my 3/2/5 Howard this time so I don't have to sell off any covers...
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I actually now kind of understand how the rest of the world feels when release PVEs are held over a holiday weekend like Thanksgiving, considering those were never part of our holiday schedules. As someone living on the other side of the earth, this coming weekend is the Lunar New Year weekend and I'm just gonna be busy AF visiting relatives and all that. Although it's not a new release per se, Howard only comes around once a couple months and I would like a chance to be able to earn covers for him properly, which I will find hard to do over this period.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I welcome any chance to add covers to Howard since he's not a regular. Should have fun using him in PVE/PVP if he's boosted too
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Update: In the last mission of the third day of Webbed Wonder Story Event, a cover of Howard the Duck is the first mission reward. This has historically been a static cover, however the developers have now implemented a way to give a random Howard the Duck cover.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

*Update: In the last mission of the third day of Webbed Wonder Story Event, a cover of Howard the Duck is the first mission reward. This has historically been a static cover, however the developers have now implemented a way to give a random Howard the Duck cover.

I am assuming this means they fixed the recent issue we had with the random Chulk rewarded cover having a separate slot instead of applying to our rostered Chulk.

Does this also signal potential colorless covers? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoa!!! I can only hope that RNGesus says it's not a purple!!! I'd hate to throw away a Howard cover... 11 covers, I'm so close!!!

Will we be able to chose which one we want to win?????
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Neat! Will this also be applied to future runs of The Hulk and Prodigal Sun?
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    My Howard is 3/1/2, and being a collector who has the (eventual) goal to champ every character (lol), I happily look forward to any cover(s) I can get. Thanks!
  • Brigby wrote:

cant we just leave it as a blue cover like last time. if its purple im gonna cry. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I totally forgot that it was a guaranteed Blue, which is my lowest cover. After the t00 Purple in final ranking rewards, a I bet it will be a 6th Purple for me.

Suppose they're screwed either way. Leave it as the guaranteed color, and people will complain.
    Change it to a random cover, and people will complain.
    Hopefully this is the devs starting to move ever closer to a true "colorless cover" that we can assign to any power.
    So sick of 5 5 2, 2 5 5, or 5 2 5 characters...
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:

If they are treating it like a new character, it should be the tokens from his pvp that have a higher rate.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Hi, how often do we have duck season (or Devil Dinosaur)?

I was little disappointed that the duck season does not have it's own story line.